1/6 Hot Toys - MMS280 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
an angry alternate headsculplt would have been appreciated. or smiling. at that price i bet most of the cost goes to throne.

yup same is to why im so confused at those seeming to know how large he should or shouldnt be etc

How tall he looks on screen, isn't how tall the character is according to marvel studios. Marvel releases a spec list to vendors and licensee to tell them the heights, weight, ect. Thor and cap are the same height. Even though Evans and hemsworth are not. The height marvel has listed for thanos is 6ft7inches.

How tall he looks on screen, isn't how tall the character is according to marvel studios. Marvel releases a spec list to vendors and licensee to tell them the heights, weight, ect. Thor and cap are the same height. Even though Evans and hemsworth are not. The height marvel has listed for thanos is 6ft7inches.

Tbh, I was looking forward to a Hulk sized Thanos, but as I sit here and look at my Cap and Thor and 43 sitting in my detolf next to my desk, I'm satisfied with the height. A few inches taller than these guys will be the perfect height.

Tbh, I was looking forward to a Hulk sized Thanos, but as I sit here and look at my Cap and Thor and 43 sitting in my detolf next to my desk, I'm satisfied with the height. A few inches taller than these guys will be the perfect height.

Yeah I was also looking forward to him being that big. But now that I think about how massive he would have been in the throne at hulk size...I'm glad he's shorter. He would have been hulkbuster height if he as tall as hulk and then in the throne. And that's just to big I think. I saw it at a show and it looked plenty big. It was in a case by itself so scale was hard but he looked huge.

Hulk isn't accurately sized anyway, I'm glad Thanos is nowhere near that big.

What's the tallest he's been in the comics? Originally he wasn't that tall, a little more than Cap. Not sure why people are crying the blues that he's not gigantic... Especially when nothing in the movie gave that impression. 6'7 is plenty tall enough, he looks powerful.

Probably didn't want to go with the rubber arms everyone complains about so they went with the visible arm joints that everyone else complains about.

If people plan to put Thanos in his throne for any extended period of time, plastic arms is the way to go.

yup same is to why im so confused at those seeming to know how large he should or shouldnt be etc

I think people saw the 15-inch height spec on the Sideshow page and are concerned the figure isn't that tall. Thanos doesn't have an official MCU height, does he? The prevailing thought is that he's supposed to be 6-7.

If people plan to put Thanos in his throne for any extended period of time, plastic arms is the way to go.

I think people saw the 15-inch height spec on the Sideshow page and are concerned the figure isn't that tall. Thanos doesn't have an official MCU height, does he? The prevailing thought is that he's supposed to be 6-7.

On the licensing material they listed him as 6ft 7 or 6 ft 8.

On the licensing material they listed him as 6ft 7 or 6 ft 8.

I think he's pretty close to that 15 inch level.

So impressed with how good this looks posed properly and even in normal lighting. Wish I could spring for this from ebay but too pricey for me so i'll wait.

12299288_10153184906077344_1437078138714478794_n.jpg

12265868_10153186071667344_3016477570953620309_o.jpg

12307457_10153186071777344_2140783128236085947_o.jpg

12307367_10153186071787344_7047754621946134072_o.jpg

gbcvdHlqMSA.jpg

Azy4mw2VXUk.jpg

It's a fantastic-looking figure but I'd only consider getting one at a significant discount. Otherwise I'll get the IW version, where he'll be a much more central character.

And here's the first YouTube review. I've been waiting for one.

I doubt it's 13. That's nearly 5 inches shorter then hulk who is 17-18 inches tall.

Back