1/6 Hot Toys - MMS280 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe they will light up...

Looks like the only thing he can do is lift his arms.

Edit: they do light up, based on the OP pic

Really want Thanos as he is one of my favourite villains but I think it would have made more sense doing Ronan first. Not sure whether to save money and get the Infinity version as I already have a couple of POs to pay.

Also agree that we could/should have had two head sculpts.

What are people thinking will be the price?

I am usually not one to buy villains, but damn Thanos is tempting me to break that trend.

Fantastic stuff from HT!

Edit: Based on the price quoted by one of HT's Asian distributors, it seems Thanos will retail about US$400 :( So, makes it easier for me to avoid that temptation I guess haha...

I admit he looks amazing, but what is really throwing me off, through no fault of HT, is that Thanos is not wearing any gauntlets whatsoever. I'm not talking about the infinity gauntlet either. In the comics Thanos is always drawn wearing 2 gold gauntlets, and then presumably he just adds the stones to one of them. In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal, it's just my little fan nit-pickery. I personally don't care about the throne. I realize we've only seen him in it, so makes sense to include it, but it doesn't do anything for me. I love Thanos, he's one of my fav characters so it will be hard to pass on this, but I think I may have to.

Awesome figure, wish they add the movable eye feature like the hulk..man..those eyes look accurate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I admit he looks amazing, but what is really throwing me off, through no fault of HT, is that Thanos is not wearing any gauntlets whatsoever. I'm not talking about the infinity gauntlet either. In the comics Thanos is always drawn wearing 2 gold gauntlets, and then presumably he just adds the stones to one of them. In the grand scheme of things it's not a big deal, it's just my little fan nit-pickery. I personally don't care about the throne. I realize we've only seen him in it, so makes sense to include it, but it doesn't do anything for me. I love Thanos, he's one of my fav characters so it will be hard to pass on this, but I think I may have to.

To be fair, his recent run in the comics "Infinity" has him redesigned with blue gloves to match his outfit instead of the classic gold/orange/yellow gloves. Personally I don't mind it, and the fact that his recent appearance in comics feels very similar to this design makes it feel somewhat justified. It wouldn't surprise me if Marvel went with that route to make his eventual use of the gauntlet all the more noticeable (design-wise) as the bare hands serves to contrast the golden glove.

You know people holding out means a reduced chance of them making another right? if this figure somehow flops because between price point and the wait and see people he wont get another chance. Also how can they add the gauntlet if it's probably not even designed for the Infinity Wars?

Would never buy this.
tumblr_lgut1rY3qk1qzbl7f.gif

You know people holding out means a reduced chance of them making another right? if this figure somehow flops because between price point and the wait and see people he wont get another chance. Also how can they add the gauntlet if it's probably not even designed for the Infinity Wars?

While anything is certainly possible, I disagree that they will not make a Thanos figure for the Infinity Wars movies. There will be plenty of people buying this version I am sure. They know full well too that Thanos and the infinity gauntlet almost go hand and hand so to not make the figure wouldn't make much sense. I personally am choosing to wait, as I only want one Thanos in my collection and I would prefer that he has the gauntlet and I'm not too crazy about the throne. There is also the slim possibility that Sideshow's Marvel Comics line could generate an incredible Thanos figure as well at some point in time, maybe before IW comes out.

Don't get me wrong, from a technical perspective, he's very impressively engineered, but, the quick buck angle comes from the fact that Howard's making $400 a pop off of a thirty second cameo for a villain that won't see any action for, at least, another three years. I totally understand that Howard's into everything and everything Marvel, but, you have to admit, this one's particularly brazen. :lol

It's actually awesome for longtime Marvel fans. He goes on top of the case. He's the ultimate villain and I never thought he would be made this early, it's a gift that he is. I can't wait to give them my money.

Looking at the pictures again, those waist armor strips look like they're made of rubber.

And I wouldn't be surprised if they end up tearing/breaking if Thanos is left sitting on his throne for a prolonged period of time.

It looks good but with lack of posing options i see myself getting bored with this one fast. Itll be alot of money for a sculpted figure. Pass.

i don't understand, there are many other hot toys that are limited by their clothing, would you rather have him look like hulk with big break points in his arms that make him look like a toy? i prefer exact replicas i thought that was why people bought hot toys?

Well sculpted head and impressive overall look, the seat (not gonna call that a throne) makes is all that better.
The thing is I'm not feeling the urge to get it, so a pass for me.

Back