1/6 Hot Toys - MMS280 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While anything is certainly possible, I disagree that they will not make a Thanos figure for the Infinity Wars movies. There will be plenty of people buying this version I am sure. They know full well too that Thanos and the infinity gauntlet almost go hand and hand so to not make the figure wouldn't make much sense. I personally am choosing to wait, as I only want one Thanos in my collection and I would prefer that he has the gauntlet and I'm not too crazy about the throne. There is also the slim possibility that Sideshow's Marvel Comics line could generate an incredible Thanos figure as well at some point in time, maybe before IW comes out.

Well said mate. You make great points. I think your right but who knows. Hot toys may loose the marvel license even but I understand your points.

I would rather have had Ronan now (and even Nebula) and Thanos later, personally.

Yeah I feel like that would have made more sense, I would love to have Thanos but would rather have waited for IW for the release and had Ronan now.

I like his face. We haven't seen him show much expression in a movie yet. This face is how I remember him. The smirk wasn't even Brolin playing him so they couldn't go with that I'm assuming. I think this looks spot on. I will get him.
Yeah I don't really get the expression complaints... As to opposed to what? All the other dozens of neutral sculpts? He has about as much expression as the Rogers sculpt does. People will complain about anything. If he WAS smiling they'd want it to be neutral.

This Thanos will be the centerpiece of a villains shelf, looming behind Loki and Ultron.

Yeah I feel like that would have made more sense, I would love to have Thanos but would rather have waited for IW for the release and had Ronan now.

I totally agree. I really do hope that Ronan is made at some point down the line.

Wasn't Iron Whiplash released way after the original figure line from Iron Man 2 had ended?

I totally agree. I really do hope that Ronan is made at some point down the line.

Wasn't Iron Whiplash released way after the original figure line from Iron Man 2 had ended?

Iron Whiplash is still awaiting release in a few months so yea quite a bit later :lol

It is a bit weird that the main villain doesn't have a figure. That said, I thought he was kinda boring and generic villain.

I'm still sore about not getting a Faora figure. She ended up being my favorite in MOS.

Looks great but not for me.... Not yet anyway. I agree with those that want to wait for an infinity version. For those collecting the GOTG figures this will go nicely. The throne is a cool accessory although it's just a big rock chair. Should've been much grander in scope but that's the movies fault, not HT's. Every time I think of Thanos and Avenger's Infinity War coming I get a little sad though as I am a big Silver Surfer fan and am curious how this can be pulled off without him as he is such a big part of the original Infinity Gauntlet story line and one of the few Marvel characters that can go toe to toe with Thanos... ****** you Fox!! The FF movie is gonna be a giant turd and is only being made to spite Marvel so they can't have their characters back. What movie studio re-boots a movie franchise that wasn't even that successful!!! :dunno Would've been awesome to see Dr. Doom as the next Avengers villain too.. Oh well... Maybe in 15 years or so... I refuse to watch anything Marvel related Fox will make ever again. And I find it funny that Fox needs Marvel's permission to do a rumored X-Men TV show. They have a really rocky relationship now because of the whole "Mutant" thing... :pfft: OK... end of my rant... :wink1:

As bad as I want this guy, I think I'll wait. Not just for the Gauntlet(could always give Thanos Red Skulls cube to hold him over) but the price with so much going on is just too much. Really wish they'd have gone with Ronan like others have said. I wanted him on the shelf more than anyone else from GotG just because he's one of my favorite villains turned hero. Please, Hot Toys, listen to the fans. We want Ronan!!!

More. He's around $465 SGD which is around $371 USD and following SS's Cap pricing I would state around $350-$370 USD.

Really pricey. More than hulk.

He's almost as big as Hulk, has a newly-developed body (being not seamless isn't a factor, I suppose), more intricate sculpting and paint, and a throne. Can't be the same as Hulk's SRP when it came out for PO almost 3 years ago.

Hope he doesn't get Faora'd. Each license deserves it's villain figure right?

I hope we get him, I would also like The Collector (I know it's very VERY unlikely) but hopefully he will be in future films.

Back