1/6 Hot Toys - MMS280 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$399. :lecture

Also, Infinity Gauntlet problem solved.

Marvel Heroes Thanos Glove Infinity Gauntlet Avengers Pewter Key Chain | eBay

$_57.JPG

He does have break points in his arms at the shoulder and elbow, in fact Hulk has less visible joints than Thanos.

up_5.jpg

Thanos isn't actually wearing anything, its just a sculpted body with joints and few piece glued on. The uninspiring expression and generic hands are disappointing. You can tell the photographer struggled to come up with poses

up_8.jpg

Here, it looks like hes standing on the subway on his way to work. Holding an invisible briefcase, containing his company's secret formula for their special sauce. Hes late and he skipped breakfast. So hes thinking about the granola bar in his pocket, but he has to save that for lunch. :slap

I hope we get him, I would also like The Collector (I know it's very VERY unlikely) but hopefully he will be in future films.

I imagine he will be, since he has some of the gems, well at least the Aether gem.....
Ideally we would get Thanos, Ronan, Nebula, Collector, and Yondu but I would be happy with just getting Thanos, Ronan, Nebula, Collector, and Yondu
:monkey3

I imagine he will be, since he has some of the gems, well at least the Aether gem.....
Ideally we would get Thanos, Ronan, Nebula, Collector, and Yondu but I would be happy with just getting Thanos, Ronan, Nebula, Collector, and Yondu
:monkey3

Yeah that would be amazing if we got them, I guess they will keep some of them until they feature more in the 2nd GOTG.

He does have break points in his arms at the shoulder and elbow, in fact Hulk has less visible joints than Thanos.
Thanos isn't actually wearing anything, its just a sculpted body with joints and few piece glued on. The uninspiring expression and generic hands are disappointing. You can tell the photographer struggled to come up with poses
Here, it looks like hes standing on the subway on his way to work. Holding an invisible briefcase, containing his company's secret formula for their special sauce. Hes late and he skipped breakfast. So hes thinking about the granola bar in his pocket, but he has to save that for lunch. :slap

Surely he can get another Granola bar from the vending machine at the office, gotz to have that energy :rotfl

I actually don't mind the joints on this figure, and that coming from someone who hates visible joints. The armors conceal it slightly and in low light the are not that noticable

Thinking of just picking up the throne on its own and then getting the Infinity Wars version whenever that comes around. Have the best of both.

Thinking of just picking up the throne on its own and then getting the Infinity Wars version whenever that comes around. Have the best of both.

IF its an improvement and IF its compatible with the Throne.... we could very well be getting fat Thanos for Infinity Wars, especially if he gets his hands on the Donut gem

I bet the Infinity Wars version will come with a big, golden throne instead of a rock chair. By then he will be THE most powerful being in the universe. I expect that he will be in grand surroundings.

:lol
speaking of the chair, that plastic column looks like it will be easily moddable, so the feet will sit properly after some adjustment

POs seem unnecessary for non-exclusives. I get it that this is for Thanos, but I don't see this selling out at all before he ships. Especially if his price tag is going to have a 4 in front of it.

This.. lol.. I love Hot Toys but a big sculpted figure with a non human face is right up NECA's alley.

You know what, I said the same thing at our local forum on Facebook. Since Thanos is purely sculpted (no fabric parts on the costume it seems), requires very little paintjob, and has no actual likeness to a certain actor -- I'm thinking of how easy it would be for NECA to make an 18" version of the character. I would consider buying that. Sure, the scale won't be accurate (it would neither be 1/4 nor 1/6) and the paint would would definitely be not as good as HT's, but I'm sure the sculpt will be good and the joints hidden by the armor just like in HT's -- at a quarter of the price.

Back