1/6 Hot Toys - MMS280 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure (Toy Soul

There's no reason to assume what a figure will come with based off of what's on display at a convention. 90% of the time Hot Toys displays a figure just by itself unless if the figure has already been officially announced. Which is why the Mark 43 is the only figure to show all it's bits and pieces.

There's a big chance that Thanos will come with his smirking sculpt and another pair of hands. Just wait for the official announcement before assuming what he'll come with.

I wasn't assuming based off anything, just random conjecture. I was trying to strike some more conversation about this figure t'was all.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure (Toy Soul

Not trying to sound like a d*** but if you think a Gauntlet defines Thanos then you don't know the character. Especially as he rarely has it in the comics and when he does it doesn't last (how could it? he would wipe everyone out).

This figure defines Thanos as much as it can, it's imposing, stoic and a realistic take on his classic look. The Gauntlet is his go to object for sales but doesn't make the character. The Throne is more a a Thanos staple than the Gauntlet, it's just that the general audience only knows him for the Gauntlet.

Not judging, just pointing it out as he seems to portrayed as only being good for the Infinity Gauntlet by most people.

Couldn't be more correct!

I like the look of Thanos. I would prefer less armor, as I do not understand why a being like him would need it. He doesn't wear it in the comic. But I will probably get this one. Thanos and Ultron on my villain shelf will be imposing.

My guess is that it's more for appearances than functionality...god that sounds even nerdier typing it than in my head.

Since we know what the Infinity Gauntlet will look like, its not only possible, but IMO likely, that he'll come with it. If anything, it would make for a great exclusive for this version as its only seen in a leaked Disney press screening anyway. They'll undoubtedly make an Avengers Thanos even if his costume is identical to GotG so there would be no need for anyone to fret missing the infinity gauntlet if it was an exclusive for this version.

Some customizer will take advantage of this situation and make the Infinity gauntlet to sell. Its probably in the works as we speak. Im thinking the best and probably cheapest option for me is to snag this guy up now and wait for a customized IG to surface. Will most likely be cheaper than Thanos version 2 and Ill have it on my shelves for years instead of waiting. Just my 2 centz.

Since we know what the Infinity Gauntlet will look like, its not only possible, but IMO likely, that he'll come with it. If anything, it would make for a great exclusive for this version as its only seen in a leaked Disney press screening anyway. They'll undoubtedly make an Avengers Thanos even if his costume is identical to GotG so there would be no need for anyone to fret missing the infinity gauntlet if it was an exclusive for this version.
I dunno if they would include the gauntlet. It's not part of movie continuity, at this point. Has HT ever had an exclusive like that (plus, for the gauntlet to truly be epic, it needs to light-up, and no way is that going to be an exclusive)? I think the draw of this purchase is first iteration of Thanos and the throne. Next iteration will have the light-up glove and maybe something else, but no throne. I might just pick this up, display it for a few years, and then sell off Thanos loose with no throne when the gauntlet version comes out. That to me would be the perfect combination.

Some customizer will take advantage of this situation and make the Infinity gauntlet to sell. Its probably in the works as we speak. Im thinking the best and probably cheapest option for me is to snag this guy up now and wait for a customized IG to surface. Will most likely be cheaper than Thanos version 2 and Ill have it on my shelves for years instead of waiting. Just my 2 centz.
Yep, agreed that I don't want to wait another four years before having Thanos on the shelf. If I sell him after three years of display for $100.00, that's fine, IMO. I'll have gotten my money's worth by then, easily.

A valid reason!

I'll be getting it and that's what's important to me, but this and Ultron will be my only purchases over the next few years so I dont have as much as an issue with deciding between releases as most collectors.
After Mark 3 die-cast and DOFP Wolverine, the only newly announced figures I want are AoU Cap, Ultron and Thanos. Bad news is Thanos with throne will probably be $550.

I think there'll be a good chance that the Thanos will sell as a Solo Piece or as a Combo with the Throne.
Much like the Captain Harlock.

I wonder when we'll see these companies start taking chances with things outside of the traditional realm of figures. Soap studio has their RC Tumbler with the video camera and everything. I want to see a Thanos with a base and a throne with magnets built in, to where it actually floats.:lol

All this talk of the gauntlet is starting to sway me. It would look incredibly cool, assuming it lights up (and a nice shiny gold for the gauntlet, itself). Have a feeling the Infinity Gauntlet version wouldn't come with the throne, though.
Damn you HTTT!!!!! :lol
Seriously though, you're probably right, great way to make collectors feel they need both.

Thanos, the supreme badass of the Marvel universe, Yeah I gotta have this one!

Interesting that they skipped right over Ronan The Accuser, the main bad guy of GOTG in favor of a background bad guy. They also skipped over Nebula.
They're still announcing IM2 PO's, its a little early to think they'll never get made....unless they're in Pepper Potts land and just something they don't want to do.

I think there'll be a good chance that the Thanos will sell as a Solo Piece or as a Combo with the Throne.
Much like the Captain Harlock.

Maybe, but I'm pretty sure he was announced like that right from the start.

I wonder when we'll see these companies start taking chances with things outside of the traditional realm of figures. Soap studio has their RC Tumbler with the video camera and everything. I want to see a Thanos with a base and a throne with magnets built in, to where it actually floats.:lol
Despite oily rubber, etc... I just don't see them doing something like that since the clear posts arent visible while hes seated. Extra engineering and "gimmicky" that wouldn't hold the arms correctly.

Well, it'd be more difficult for the arms and stuff, but I meant more for just the seat and the foot rest. It'd be pretty cool. I'd like to see someone attempt it, at least, with their own figure...someday.

Well, it'd be more difficult for the arms and stuff, but I meant more for just the seat and the foot rest. It'd be pretty cool. I'd like to see someone attempt it, at least, with their own figure...someday.

Someone will probably do a custom throne, theres alot of people out there that are generally displeased with anything they spend money on and try to do it one better. Could the arms even be done in that way since they set "outside" the seat rather than above it?

Yeah, I was wondering about that, too. Like I said, it's not practical, at all, but it would be pretty damn cool.:lol I figure this thrones would probably be the most practical way someone could make it work, though. Even weight distribution; relatively flat surface. I always thought it'd be cool to see a floating Reeve Superman, but I could never see that happening, due to the fact that he's probably fall over.

I was thinking, though, and I thought you could probably do a partially magnetic deal, where the arms and everything are still plastic, but, the more I think about it, if the force was strong enough to push the parts up to the height of the arms, the weight of the figure could be enough to "hold it down," and keep everything where it's supposed to be. I'm curious, though, how that would work, scientifically, and how strong a magnet would need to be to hold up a figure of this size; particularly at a height significantly over the flat surface below it.

Yeah, I was wondering about that, too. Like I said, it's not practical, at all, but it would be pretty damn cool.:lol I figure this thrones would probably be the most practical way someone could make it work, though. Even weight distribution; relatively flat surface. I always thought it'd be cool to see a floating Reeve Superman, but I could never see that happening, due to the fact that he's probably fall over.

I was thinking, though, and I thought you could probably do a partially magnetic deal, where the arms and everything are still plastic, but, the more I think about it, if the force was strong enough to push the parts up to the height of the arms, the weight of the figure could be enough to "hold it down," and keep everything where it's supposed to be. I'm curious, though, how that would work, scientifically, and how strong a magnet would need to be to hold up a figure of this size; particularly at a height significantly over the flat surface below it.

Dude, hovering Superman, even just off the base would be ****ing fantastic, but you're right he'd probably flop one way or the other, but if someone could make it happen... :banana

Maybe if it was like a crater base, or something, as though he'd just smashed through concrete, and you had magnets below him, as well as in front of, in back of, and to the sides of him, along with Magnets in the opposite positions built into his feet and lower legs.

Thinking about this one I can't image the design from now to infinity war would be too different and surely eBay would be selling parted out infinity gauntlets and what not so I might get it now! It's tricky decision

This was bought the moment I saw the pics.

I might get two if I can swing it financially. One for his throne and him above my cinema system, and the other to stand next to Ultron on my desk.

Back