1/6 Hot Toys - MMS280 - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure (Toy Soul

I think I will cancel Sideshow Superman for this...

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Guardians of the Galaxy: Thanos Collectible Figure (Toy Soul

Is anyone going to buy this?

Hell to the yeah! I can't pass on Thanos, he's in my top 5 fictional characters list. Plus, I always was more of a villain guy (with a few exceptions like Spider-Man here and there) so there is no way I'm waiting 4 or 5 years for another. Ultron and Thanos are my priorities Marvel wise right now.

Hell to the yeah! I can't pass on Thanos, he's in my top 5 fictional characters list. Plus, I always was more of a villain guy (with a few exceptions like Spider-Man here and there) so there is no way I'm waiting 4 or 5 years for another. Ultron and Thanos are my priorities Marvel wise right now.

I would love some Comic Spidey Villains in 1/6.... and I'm not even a Spidey fan

I would love some Comic Spidey Villains in 1/6.... and I'm not even a Spidey fan

Spidey and Bats have the best rogues gallery in comics, that's for sure. Let's just hope that Sideshow's comic figs take off and we get at least the big guns (Goblin, Venom, Hobby, Ock, Ras, Hush, Scarecrow, etc). Plus comic book Thanos and Adam Warlock :drool.

Spidey and Bats have the best rogues gallery in comics, that's for sure. Let's just hope that Sideshow's comic figs take off and we get at least the big guns (Goblin, Venom, Hobby, Ock, Ras, Hush, Scarecrow, etc). Plus comic book Thanos and Adam Warlock :drool.

:yess: they really do.... I hope Sideshows series takes off or Hot Toys starts making comic figures, I can just see my eventual collection 10 years from now :rotfl

I always liked Flash's rogues gallery more than Spidey's, IMO.

I always liked Flash's rogues gallery more than Spidey's, IMO.

oh no I actually don't like Flash's villains ....... some of them are so much like each other they may as well be the same character :ohbfrank:

That's funny because I really dig the uniqueness of them all. It's almost like there are tiers of villains in his rogue's gallery, and they all have very clearly defined roles. You have guys like The Trickster, Captain Cold, Heat Wave, and Mirror Master, and they're kind of derivative, but they're supposed to be, because, in my mind, they're like a bunch of weekend warriors/ex-con drinking buddies who happen to go out and commit some petty larceny for fun (and just happen to use freeze rays and boomerangs, instead of guns).:lol

Then, you've got your Gorilla Grodds, who's basically Hitler's simian counterpart; convinced that his race is intellectually superior in every way to homosapiens, and that we need to be wiped from existence. Lastly, you've got guys like Professor Zoom and Reverse Flash, and these guys are pretty much what our scarlet speedster would be if he happened to be a total ****. Their primary purpose is just to try to **** Flash's life up as much as humanly possible, and I love that variety. He has this kind of witty rapport with the rogues, like they're just doing the same dance they always do, and then he just gets pissed whenever Reverse Flash is around, and there's something so amazing about watching him make fun of a talking Gorilla.:lol

Last edited:

That's funny because I really dig the uniqueness of them all. It's almost like there are tiers of villains in his rogue's gallery, and they all have very clearly defined roles. You have guys like The Trickster, Captain Cold, Heat Wave, and Mirror Master, and they're kind of derivative, but they're supposed to be, because, in my mind, they're like a bunch of weekend warriors/ex-con drinking buddies who happen to go out and commit some petty larceny for fun (and just happen to use freeze rays and boomerangs, instead of guns).:lol

Then, you've got your Gorilla Grodds, who's basically Hitler's simian counterpart; convinced that his race is intellectually superior in every way to homosapiens, and that we need to be wiped from existence. Lastly, you've got guys like Professor Zoom and Reverse Flash, and these guys are pretty much what our scarlet speedster would be if he happened to be a total ****. Their primary purpose is just to try to **** Flash's life up as much as humanly possible, and I love that variety. He has this kind of witty rapport with the rogues, like they're just doing the same dance they always do, and then he just gets pissed whenever Reverse Flash is around, and there's something so amazing about watching him make fun of a talking Gorilla.:lol

:lol:rotfl:lol

I do like Grodd..... he's one of my favourite DC Villains(pretty far down on the list but there nonetheless)

I have a soft spot in my heart for the villains who want to kill everyone :) #1 Thanos #2 Ultron #3 Darkseid

Planet level destruction is fun and universe level destruction excites me :lol

Brainiac, please edit your quote to include "they're" in the bolded text, rather than "there." I was tired, and I don't like to be reminded of my mistakes.:lol

I have a soft spot in my heart for the villains who want to kill everyone :) #1 Thanos #2 Ultron #3 Darkseid

You must think the Anti-Monitor is loads of fun, then. Dude erases entire universes to get his kicks! :lecture

Flash's rogues are good, but my top 3 list (no teams like the x-men or Avengers, just solo stars) goes:

1)Spider-Man
2)Batman
3)Captain America

They have a nice balance of mad geniuses, conquerors, brutes and d-listers.

I myself am fond of the villains who have a shot at redemption, like Doom, Sinestro, Thanos, Zemo, Luthor, etc. A homicidal maniac is great and all, but in order to be a great villain in my book, you need to be able to hypothetically carry an ongoing, and all of these guys certainly can.

You must think the Anti-Monitor is loads of fun, then. Dude erases entire universes to get his kicks! :lecture

Sounds like my kind of guy! Unfortunately I never got very deep into DC comics, usually stuck to the cartoons, films etc. whereas with Marvel I read a lot of the cosmic stories.

I myself am fond of the villains who have a shot at redemption, like Doom, Sinestro, Thanos, Zemo, Luthor, etc. A homicidal maniac is great and all, but in order to be a great villain in my book, you need to be able to hypothetically carry an ongoing, and all of these guys certainly can.

For sure! One of the main things I like about Ultron and Thanos is their flaws, especially Ultron.

For sure! One of the main things I like about Ultron and Thanos is their flaws, especially Ultron.

I like Ultron when he moves away from the whole "androids 4 ever" personality and acts less like a classic killer robot and more like a twisted version of Magneto. He doesn't deem what he does as evil or malicious, he's just taking out the "trash" to make room for the new generation. One game that handled the AI thing really good was Mass Effect in my opinion. The Geth/Quarian storylines were engaging and managed to make you feel for both sides as opossing to just making the robots bad and the organics good.

PS: Do you happen to know where that scene with Ultron dressed up like a Cowboy is from?

4) Galactus???? You can choose the cloud Galactus from Fantastic 4 film or actual being from the comics :lol

:yess: DESTROY EVERTHING!! :devil:devil

Brainiac, please edit your quote to include "they're" in the bolded text, rather than "there." I was tired, and I don't like to be reminded of my mistakes.:lol

done

I like Ultron when he moves away from the whole "androids 4 ever" personality and acts less like a classic killer robot and more like a twisted version of Magneto. He doesn't deem what he does as evil or malicious, he's just taking out the "trash" to make room for the new generation. One game that handled the AI thing really good was Mass Effect in my opinion. The Geth/Quarian storylines were engaging and managed to make you feel for both sides as opossing to just making the robots bad and the organics good.

PS: Do you happen to know where that scene with Ultron dressed up like a Cowboy is from?

Yes I 100% agree :yess:

I sympathize with Ultron completely, I mean evil always thinks its doing good.... but sometimes it is and its the ignorant 'good' guys that stand in the way

After missing the XM Thanos pre-order, this will do it for the time being. Any info regarding the release date?

Back