Action Figure 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS248 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Python (Mark XX) - (Specs + Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No. You cannot copyright a likeness or use a likeness without consent. Each individual can charge whatever they wish for someone to use it. You, Jeff12burq could charge $1 miilion dollars to use your likeness, nobody is going to pay it but you can still charge a million bucks. :lol

If they do, you have legal rights to stop the use or collect at go.

In this case with Marvel, I would think they would sell the license at a flat rate of lets say $300,000 to Hot Toys, giving them the right to make 15 figures (just as an example).

But I'm sure Marvel sets the contract up that if their figures do very well for Hot Toys, they will receive more of the profit in the long run.

Kinda like how the top actors and actresses set up their contracts when they do a film. Take a small amount up front, but if the film makes a huge profit they really make bank. Sandra Bullock in Gravity, I could have got 10 or 15 million bucks up front, but decided to take 1 or 2 million and receive more of the profits if the movie performed exceptionally well. It was reported that she made over $60 million for Gravity.

That's the way I see it at least.

In this case with Marvel, I would think they would sell the license at a flat rate of lets say $300,000 to Hot Toys, giving them the right to make 15 figures (just as an example).

But I'm sure Marvel sets the contract up that if their figures do very well for Hot Toys, they will receive more of the profit in the long run.

Kinda like how the top actors and actresses set up their contracts when they do a film. Take a small amount up front, but if the film makes a huge profit they really make bank. Sandra Bullock in Gravity, I could have got 10 or 15 million bucks up front, but decided to take 1 or 2 million and receive more of the profits if the movie performed exceptionally well. It was reported that she made over $60 million for Gravity.

That's the way I see it at least.

Yeah but again Jeff you speculating, truth is we will never know exactly what there gains vs loss and profit margins truly is, there never gonna tell, all we do know for certain is they doing pretty dam well, seeing that there making they bad boys left and right like crazy. I mean maybe they just cut the price on the this one cuz they just released 2 other summer ex this week and they want you buy em all instead of just one, and who knows exactly why this is less than midas, it had about the screen time and pretty much comes with the same @hit, only real diff is how hyped up midas was vs this one. But again its something were never really gonna know for certain.

Yeah but again Jeff you speculating, truth is we will never know exactly what there gains vs loss and profit margins truly is, there never gonna tell, all we do know for certain is they doing pretty dam well, seeing that there making they bad boys left and right like crazy. I mean maybe they just cut the price on the this one cuz they just released 2 other summer ex this week and they want you buy em all instead of just one, and who knows exactly why this is less than midas, it had about the screen time and pretty much comes with the same @hit, only real diff is how hyped up midas was vs this one. But again its something were never really gonna know for certain.

I completely understand that it's speculation, but to me it makes the most sense. And everyone is just complaining that there is really no reason for why Hot Toys is upping their prices, when I'm saying there is a lot more to the picture that we don't know about.

And compared to last year's 3 TF Exclusives still being up for grabs at $50 less than these 3. I doubt that Hot Toys raised prices on TF Ex with hopes that they would sell more because of a higher price :lol

That's just my opinion man :hi5:

With all these dumb announcements that Hot Toys are making,they're saving me a lot of money!
$270 for this?
Over $100 for a rat?
$200 for a tree?
PASS!

PO'd for half price with all the Halloween Reward points from last year!!!! Thank you SS!

Sadly I think AoU, plus further Iron Manz, means I'm going to have to pass on GotG... Rat up a Tree, Double pack would have been cool. :(

My collection is mainly Marvel as of now. I will buy some other things like some Star Wars and other movie stuff but Marvel will take my money. So I don't have to worry about that. If I really need to cancel something I will. I can always pick it up later down the road. I think the GOTG stuff will be worth the money. I never got The Avengers figures I only own a few but I think the guardians blow that team out of the water. I can't wait to see what Hot Toys does for AOU Line but I may not pick up all the figures they make for the movie. It all depends.

I'm actually surprised that Python isn't more. It seems like the Iron Man prices are really all over the place. Silver Centurion is $250 for quite a few accessories and a Stark sculpt, Bones is pretty pricey for a bare bones figure at $284. Then you get to figures like Midas and the Battle Damaged Mark VII that were what $300 when they came out? but yet this is $269. That's what I don't exactly get.

I'm actually surprised that Python isn't more. It seems like the Iron Man prices are really all over the place. Silver Centurion is $250 for quite a few accessories and a Stark sculpt, Bones is pretty pricey for a bare bones figure at $284. Then you get to figures like Midas and the Battle Damaged Mark VII that were what $300 when they came out? but yet this is $269. That's what I don't exactly get.

it is pretty confusing why the prices are all over the place. I think Centurion and Bones really didn't need a NRD.

I'm game for the Iron repaint, the rat and tree.

LOL....yeah, im ok with people digging on IM. I dont really understand the rat and tree. It seems ANYTHING marvel goes straight into production at HT, while DC and others take a backseat. in the long run, it sucks for me because I like Marvel least among all the current and yester-year brands.

Battle Damaged Mark VII came with a huge base though, and a stark head

LOL....yeah, im ok with people digging on IM. I dont really understand the rat and tree. It seems ANYTHING marvel goes straight into production at HT, while DC and others take a backseat. in the long run, it sucks for me because I like Marvel least among all the current and yester-year brands.

I'm a huge Marvel guy. My collection starting as of now will be 95% Marvel with a 5% other movies etc. I'm pumped for all the Marvel releases. I know for the rest of you who like DC and other movies which I'm with you there I wish Hot Toys would do other films besides just Marvel at times but I'm not complaining. They will get to other things once Marvel cools down.

Python cheaper than expected, people still try to rationalize prices. Why cant we just be happy and PO

Back