Action Figure 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS248 - Iron Man 3: 1/6th scale Python (Mark XX) - (Specs + Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or it could mean, Hot Toys made 2,000 more Pythons than they did Midas and can sell it at a reduced price.

Quick example:

5,000 Midas @ $300=$1,500,000
7,000 Pythons @ $270=$1,890,000

Production costs
5,000 Midas @ $40 per figure=$200,000
7,000 Pythons @$45 per figure=$315,000

Profit
$1,500,000-200,000=1,300,000
$1,890,000-315,000=1,575,000

Jeff you are forgetting the cost that is way more than the production. The licensing on these toys is the largest cost. So at a minimum you should double the costs for a more accurate unit number.

Man, I would love to know what their end to end margins are.

That's true. Licences fees might be a flat rate.

But I think license fees might be based on actual sales to give Hot Toys some room for error in case a figure bombs. Or if the figure does really well, Marvel gets a better deal.

Or it could mean, Hot Toys made 2,000 more Pythons than they did Midas and can sell it at a reduced price.

Quick example:

5,000 Midas @ $300=$1,500,000
7,000 Pythons @ $270=$1,890,000

Production costs
5,000 Midas @ $40 per figure=$200,000
7,000 Pythons @$45 per figure=$315,000

Profit
$1,500,000-200,000=1,300,000
$1,890,000-315,000=1,575,000

I take your point ..however I'm going to have to request the source for that $45 production cost.. Neca maybe, Hot Toys I doubt it.

Ordered! Thanks for the notification! After I ordered the figure I went to look at the page again on Sideshow's website and accidentally typed "Pythong". :lol

$269 was a nice surprise, since it's not $300 (Midas), but I wouldn't say it's a GREAT price...

Ordered. I agree though - it's not a GREAT price, but lower than I expected. Still a $20 increase vs. Hearbreaker or Silver Centurion, which is a bit steep considering it's just a repaint with parts taken from other suits. But hey, in for a penny, in for a pound, right?

Shoot, I kept thinking Bones was the TF EX, haha. What does Python do again in the film? From the look of his accessories, he looks almost like a repaint Mk7, like the Midas was.

Shoot, I kept thinking Bones was the TF EX, haha. What does Python do again in the film? From the look of his accessories, he looks almost like a repaint Mk7, like the Midas was.

it was in the film?.. Heck I bought it because it was Iron Manz..in Black and Goldz!

This is going to be available at SDCC, right? I have a friend who's going and she said she'll get one for me so I don't get dinged with what will probably be an extra $30 to ship to Canada.

Umm well he flew in,................., then exploded:lol

This is what he does in the IM3 movie for 3 seconds.
XvAfGOf.png

This is going to be available at SDCC, right? I have a friend who's going and she said she'll get one for me so I don't get dinged with what will probably be an extra $30 to ship to Canada.

No it won't actually be there to buy, you can put in an order in for one like you would online but there not selling them there. Yeah I wish there would do that, cuz im going to the sdcc too.

They'll probably have one on display at SDCC, but you most definitely cannot walk up to the booth and buy one and walk away with it. They really don't sell anything at the booth, it's all just for display.

This is what he does in the IM3 movie for 3 seconds.
That's Midas. You can tell by the legs. It just looks black because of the lighting.

I don't know why people try to justify their purchases with screen time. If you like the suit, great. If you don't, skip it. War Machine Mark 2 is an outstanding figure that got no screen time at all.

No it won't actually be there to buy, you can put in an order in for one like you would online but there not selling them there. Yeah I wish there would do that, cuz im going to the sdcc too.

They'll probably have one on display at SDCC, but you most definitely cannot walk up to the booth and buy one and walk away with it. They really don't sell anything at the booth, it's all just for display.
Wow, okay that's super lame. Thanks for the info guys.

Wish I had been into the figures when they were still possible to be purchased at SDCC. Memories....

Back