1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just found out that this is already waitlisted @ SSC. Since when? Regardless, I think this sold out faster than TASM1 figure. A lot of our local stores don't have this in stock as well, so maybe a lot of collectors have this figure, but they're just not posting on here. This IS Spider-Man. As I said before, whenever I see this on my display I don't see the film it was from nor the actor under the suit. I see the character from the comics I've loved since I was a kid. Makes me wonder how Marvel's take would be different. Perhaps smaller eyes? Web armpit wings?

Which if its Iron Spider will be worth the wait :rock

Joe Quesada stated that the Marvel Spidey costume would not disappoint. If the iron spidey costume (which Quesada designed) makes an appearance, that might require much longer Spidey involvement in the film than what is rumored, though.

Just found out that this is already waitlisted @ SSC. Since when? Regardless, I think this sold out faster than TASM1 figure. A lot of our local stores don't have this in stock as well, so maybe a lot of collectors have this figure, but they're just not posting on here. This IS Spider-Man. As I said before, whenever I see this on my display I don't see the film it was from nor the actor under the suit. I see the character from the comics I've loved since I was a kid. Makes me wonder how Marvel's take would be different. Perhaps smaller eyes? Web armpit wings?.

It was waitlisted in April at least because I was looking for one and purchased it when it came back in stock on April 22. It was then waitlisted again about a week later and has been since. I agree it is the best classic spiderman made to date.

It was waitlisted in April at least because I was looking for one and purchased it when it came back in stock on April 22. It was then waitlisted again about a week later and has been since. I agree it is the best classic spiderman made to date.

Thanks for the info :hi5:
and I completely agree :duff

Thanks for the info :hi5:
and I completely agree :duff

No problem...if you want one keep looking, I'm sure one will show up. :hi5:

ASM2 Spidey is the best looking at the moment, but given how good every costume as been in the MCU, I am confident they won't let us down with the Civil War version.

Unless it's more classic looking than this one I'll just keep this one. Space and too many figures to buy prevent me from getting any more than 1 figure of any one character. Damn eclectic taste. :gah: :lol

This one definitely has the classic vibe. I'm eagerly awaiting what MCU Spidey will look like. If he somehow nails a comic incarnation even better, I don't have a problem swapping/upgrading, but that figure is still years away and the design is unknown, so I'm not gonna worry about it...between this Spidey and Mark IV I don't need any more Marvel in my collection; not for the foreseeable future.

This one definitely has the classic vibe. I'm eagerly awaiting what MCU Spidey will look like. If he somehow nails a comic incarnation even better, I don't have a problem swapping/upgrading, but that figure is still years away and the design is unknown, so I'm not gonna worry about it...between this Spidey and Mark IV I don't need any more Marvel in my collection; not for the foreseeable future.

I don't have a HT IM and I'm trying to decide between the Mark IV and the diecast Mark III for my one IM. :dunno

I don't have a HT IM and I'm trying to decide between the Mark IV and the diecast Mark III for my one IM. :dunno

For a real quick off-topic digression: Mk 3 DC looks beautiful but is really limited. You can't get a lot of subtlety from the lack of articulation. The Mk IV looks great and has just enough articulation for some subtlety. Depends on how you want to pose it, in the end. There has been a debate raging in the Mk 3 diecast thread about that. Just be prepared to deal with faded hip armour if you get the Mk IV. There are fixes for that detailed in a thread somewhere.

I prefer a blue and red suit; but excellent proportions and a killer, bright white eye sculpt/lens could sway me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that ASM2 is the best representation of the spider suit. That said, I'd also love to have a proper symbiote suit too. Not the black suit from Spider-Man 3, but a proper black with white, secret wars spider suit.
That would make me happy.
Ryan

^ I agree. I 'm looking forward to seeing it, but I would like to get the ASM2 figure for that reason.

If you get the chance, pull the trigger. Even just standing around looking chill, this one oozes Classic Spidey Vibe.

9ee8c1a0f51b191dc5f58484394fbe3b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back