1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dyp0di.jpg

That's a fantastic photo bud. One of the best I've seen. Hats off.

My husband keeps having to ask if these pictures I'm showing him are of the figure or the movie. Great work guys. I'm not nearly as talented at posing, so I'm grateful to see what the figure is capable of and how it looks in more dynamic poses than I can pull off. Looks SPECTACULAR.

Was going to post and ask if the head can come off and luckily its been covered in the previous few.
Is it the head itself that can come off with a little work and not the neck ?. Wanting the option to display him with a Garfeild head now and then but dont want to destroy anythnig incase of a possible ASM 3 upgrade making me sell this one on.
Not got the figure yet as not in the UK, just asking and wondering in advance.

Was going to post and ask if the head can come off and luckily its been covered in the previous few.
Is it the head itself that can come off with a little work and not the neck ?. Wanting the option to display him with a Garfeild head now and then but dont want to destroy anythnig incase of a possible ASM 3 upgrade making me sell this one on.
Not got the figure yet as not in the UK, just asking and wondering in advance.

I was incorrect when I posted that the head could not be removed. It actually comes off quite easily, same as the ASM 1 figure. Just kind of rock it back and forth as you pull up from the base of the neck.

So it is just the head and the material on the neck is not connected ?

Admittedly I have been absent from the community for a long long time and not kept up to date with any figures. Just remember at the anouncement of the figure that the pictures where a little hazy whether the costume was sewn to be once piece.

Also, thanks for the response. :)

Correct. The material covers the head/neck and is glued down under the base of the neck. The seam is right where the neck meets the body and that's where it can be removed. There is only a little black prong holding them together, identical to the ASM 1 figure.

I was able to have my head replaced due to some QC issues with the stitch on my first. The store offered full body replacement, but since I was happy with everything from the collar down, I tried to remove the head instead and it came off easily, with careful back-and-forth rocking and holding it at the neck, not the head. It's the same connector as TASM1 figure. I think HT just discourage taking the head off as the suit this time is more prone to hyperextending and tearing, particularly the web patterns (I think the webbing on the neck and the collar where the 2 parts meet could get "fused" overtime, which could cause damage when taken off).

I received mine two days ago and I love it! Better than the first Amazing figure in every way. After I played around with the figure a bit, I got my first Amazing figure out of the display to take some pictures, and I just wasn't fussed on that figure any longer. Not after getting to see first hand how great this new one is! I only have ONE issue with the figure, and that is that I think the red "belt" bit of the costume is too low. It kind of wraps around his ass rather than his lower back. Not a huge problem though. The costume is really great and it seems to be able to move with the body well. It's pretty easy to get him in different poses, whereas I was too scared to pose the first Amazing figure in anything too dramatic for fear of the suit becoming saggy.

I just got my spidey, but the right shoulder on my figure is pretty loose. I heard this was a common issue on the first amazing spider-man figure. Is there anyway to fix this?

I just got my spidey, but the right shoulder on my figure is pretty loose. I heard this was a common issue on the first amazing spider-man figure. Is there anyway to fix this?

It wasn't a matter of the right shoulder being loose, it was a matter of the right arm completely breaking. However, this was, I believe, a problem that only affected a small number of the first "batch" (I hate that word) of figures. If the arm on your Amazing 2 figure is loose, it's probably an entirely different problem than what was happening with some of the first Amazing figures. I'm not an expert on modding and customizing figures, so I can't really give you any advice on how to fix it...how loose is it? Where'd you buy it from?

yea i'm hoping they will. I just sent them an email. But I was hoping it could pop back in or something. Doesn't look like its going to. Maybe a piece of plastic broke.

Looks like the same thing that happened to the ASM 1 figure. Weak shoulders. The whole shoulder section with the arm broke off and was loose like that. Try grabbing the whole shoulder and pulling slightly to the side to see if comes out. If that's the case it's broke. Check some of ClipperKings videos. He has a few that show the damaged shoulder he had on the first release.

yea i saw some of those videos. It doesnt pull out like that. It might be the undersuit keeping it from pulling out, but its definitely weak. Its loose going up and down, but Back and forth seems firmer. AE still hasn't replied to me yet...

I'm glad everyone is enjoying the ASM2 figure .. Very nice pics lately.

I like the SSC Batman shots with spidey

Here's my contribution

c231ec0811dd5009620b419084ceb4be.jpg
c41e7cf3f4c8d74a286e176034546b23.jpg

Just a few simple pics hehe... joints are still very stiff and I even can't get his arms in front of him..

Thanks guys...

One more :

165h6s.jpg

I finally got around to unboxing mine. I echo all the positives that most have been saying. This is a great fig and I even like all the accessories. Only thing he's missing is a fireman hat

I lost track of this thread a while ago but caught up on the last 50 pages looking into all the QC stuff. I got an EX from SS and another regular from my local guy. I lucked out on some of the QC stuff (no black spots, no loose boots or shoulders) but I saw some people had issues with how the webs & hands fit; gotta look into that still.

The only thing that's really bugging me is the gap by the neck. Both of mine have a slight gap on the left side (my right). Even another one that my local guy opened up had it. I see that a bunch of other people have it in their pics, but then there are also all these guys who I quoted, who seem to have a tighter fit at the seam.

I wonder what to do because I read that SS told some people they don't have a better replacement for them. Everyone is trying to get their heads off and I'm trying to get mine on tighter :lol

Was anyone able to remedy this on theirs?

Hi Fellow collectors. I'm getting ready to purchase Spidey direct from Sideshow and was wondering if anyone can chime in about the black stain fiasco. Does Sideshow stock seem more or less common with this issue? I'm guessing it's just luck of the draw considering they supply the retailers in the US. Sold off my Rami Spidey a while ago and this figure seems like an awesome replacement. Thanks!

Hi Fellow collectors. I'm getting ready to purchase Spidey direct from Sideshow and was wondering if anyone can chime in about the black stain fiasco. Does Sideshow stock seem more or less common with this issue? I'm guessing it's just luck of the draw considering they supply the retailers in the US. Sold off my Rami Spidey a while ago and this figure seems like an awesome replacement. Thanks!

I got a few Spideys from SS and none had the black stains. One recommendation could be to call Sideshow to place your order and verbally ask them to do a visual inspection of the figure before they send it to you. You can open the box and look at the figure within the plastic bubble and notice if there's a black mark or not.

I'm not up on what's going on, but it seems silly that Sideshow claims they have "no replacements" when the figure is clearly still in-stock.

Back