1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure [Specs + Pic]

Five years later - still no skin-tight suit and articulated neck-head.
At least original figure had cloth suit and articulated wrists.

:monkey4

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure [Specs + Pic]

Let's avoid the spoiler talk here. Not many have seen the movie, and even if they did, this isn't the movie thread. Usually that's infraction-worthy, but in this case I think it's a little less serious because any comic fan worth his salt knows what's probably coming.

I really want a red and blue spiderman and I like this costume design so I'll get this...as long as though don't charge a stupid price for it!

I really want a red and blue spiderman and I like this costume design so I'll get this...as long as though don't charge a stupid price for it!

Yeah, what is everyone thinking price wise?

Yeah, what is everyone thinking price wise?
i just got a preorder quote for $199 excluding shipping

Name : Hot Toys The Amazing Spider-Man 2 : 1/6th scale Spider-Man Collectible Figure (Pre-order)
Manufacturer Code : MMS244
Retail Price : US$199.99/PC (excluding shipping fee)
Closing Date : 24 Apr, 2014
Release Date : Q2-Q3, 2014
Best regards,
Ricky
My Online Shop Website : https://currenttoysshop.ecrater.com/

the body on this one looks way better than the first asm, at least proportions do

$199 isn't worth it for me. Most of the accessories are worthless, there's not alt head, and the figure is on the smaller side. MOS Superman was $199 and I think that's a great price for that figure, but not for this. I'll wait and see what the second hand market is like for this figure.

Let's avoid the spoiler talk here. Not many have seen the movie, and even if they did, this isn't the movie thread. Usually that's infraction-worthy, but in this case I think it's a little less serious because any comic fan worth his salt knows what's probably coming.

Now you did it! :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

Anyway. I love the hat, scarf and bag, hate the awful vinyl red suit and the frankenstein booties.

Last edited:

I think the figure looks great.

But an easy pass for me. As much as I enjoy the movies, I don't think that I ever fully embraced the spiderman character.

Rory, I was obviously referring to
Spoiler Spoiler:

the hands look like some kind of new type of system . really would like to get this one. but its coming out next month? thats too fast for me.

the hands look like some kind of new type of system . really would like to get this one. but its coming out next month? thats too fast for me.

Next month? I completely missed that. That would have to be one of the quickest turnarounds from reveal to release

It says Q2-3. That could mean september if its on even on track. The later the better, they might fix something.

Easy pass for me. The suit looks way too much like vinyl, no Garfield sculpt and accessories I'll never use. Kind of disappointed as I want a Spidey in my collection.

I am just not digging the red material on the suit, or the boots. Both feel like a step back from the Blue-and-Red Spidey from Spider-Man 3.

Sallah

This instantly came into mind when I saw the red vinyl.

4328_press01-001.jpg

Will wait for the final product since the whole figure has some sloppy points to it with it being the prototype.

That beanie/vest/scarf combo is sooooo adorable!! :lol

I would definitely display him like that!

Back