1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure [Specs + Pic]

not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet, but regarding the hands, it seems like hot toys is doing a 2 part thing with the hands where you switch out the hands at the back hand portion, basically switching out the fingers, instead of switching out the entire hand...NOT sure why they did that...maybe because the webbing plug into the web shooters directly? Also, are we missing the long curved webline in the promo shots?

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure [Specs + Pic]

I'm surprised everybody is disliking this one. I think it looks great. I passed on the last one because I thought it looked like garbage, but I rather like how this one looks. Funny how it goes. I might actually get this one.

I'm surprised everybody is disliking this one. I think it looks great. I passed on the last one because I thought it looked like garbage, but I rather like how this one looks. Funny how it goes. I might actually get this one.

Yeah it looks good but that suit has got to be put right.

I wonder if the beanie will leave a nice light blue stain if left on the figure for too long?

Design-wise, this suit is terrific. In terms of execution, as a figure, Hot Toys stumbled a bit IMO.

I can see the issue with the shiny/vinyl suit, very medicom like
But, I will be picking this up one day, I like the look of the body underneath, proportions look good IMO

I wonder if the beanie will leave a nice light blue stain if left on the figure for too long?

That's what I was afraid of too! Use the plastic wrap the comes with the figure to separate the beanie from the suit.

Great looking figure but Dammit, no updated Garfield HS. I was really looking forward to a more accurate HS for this version.

Design-wise, this suit is terrific. In terms of execution, as a figure, Hot Toys stumbled a bit IMO.

we will have to wait and see the final production piece to really know. things could change. They may change the fabric, but they may not...who knows? I personally dont think fan reaction will make them change it, I think the licensor has more say than fan reaction. Look at Bruce Banner and waiting to see what happens with Loki TDW.

That said, i agree, it looks fantastic otherwise. I like all the accessories since they are little things used in the film. I like when they make little details like this for figures. Even if those things only appear for a few seconds, they are cool little details. :)

I'm in the minority here since I always preferred the material used on the Medicom Spidey vs SM3 HT spidey. The Medicom material actually looks amazing in hand, only problem is that when it folds it creates too much creases that could throw off the whole look, I was hoping that HT could come up with a middle ground that looks more like the movie material but without the creasing problem, looks like they at least minimize the creasing by using cloth for the blue areas with the medicom vinyl material only on the red areas.

IMO this figure when in a neutral pose without the creasing problems showing, it looks miles better than the SM3 Spidey. That one you can tell it's just a figure made of cloth, this one you at least get a bit of illusion that its made of the same material as the movie.

-

Last edited:

i feel like the red parts are like the material used on the man of steel suit...

i feel like the red parts are like the material used on the man of steel suit...

Now that you say that, are we even sure the blue part is cloth, and not like the Man of Steel material?

Now that you say that, are we even sure the blue part is cloth, and not like the Man of Steel material?
looks the same as the first asm fig

I held off on getting the ASM version because I really didn't like it and now I'm happy I waited. The material really doesn't bug me and I like the look of this figure so I'll more than likely get it...my first time being in the minority...odd...:lol

AMAZING!

Looks incredible and this is probably THE definitive 1/6 Spidey figure to have.

I do agree that the vinyl look is inaccurate but perhaps Hot Toys is going with it in favor of the other material because of the "sticky" problems they've had on Man of Steel and the ASM Spider-man? But they made the Spider-man 3 figures out of fabric and those are just fine. Very strange choice and hopefully they correct it. But I'd rather have a durable and lasting suit rather than one that could deteriorate over time.

not sure if anyone has pointed this out yet, but regarding the hands, it seems like hot toys is doing a 2 part thing with the hands where you switch out the hands at the back hand portion, basically switching out the fingers, instead of switching out the entire hand...NOT sure why they did that...maybe because the webbing plug into the web shooters directly? Also, are we missing the long curved webline in the promo shots?

Likely another factor is the fact that they don't want people constantly changing the whole hand because it could lead to damage on the "sleeve" where his wrist is at.

Spider-man's suit is essentially a one-piece suit, but due to how these figures are made and materials used, it's tough to get that "seamless" look when you transition from the wrist to the hand. So Hot Toys is probably going to make that sleeve as snug as possible and part of avoiding damage there from constantly changing hands will be an alternative with just changing fingers.

OR this could be a new hand design Hot Toys is trying with some figures. The web design on his gloves will help hide the creases...

Don't envisage any changes judging by the proposed release date.

Suit of TASM2 is a kinda weird! dont like on first look... have to wait to see final product...
I can not figure out what is wrong with this figure... maybe is head too big, or body is not proportional... dont know... any ideas?

Another Spidey, another easy pass. Maybe Medicom will get this one right.

Back