1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure [Specs + Pic]

The suit looks ok, don't like how shiny it is and the material not looking that skintight...

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure [Specs + Pic]

Upon closer inspection I don't think it's as bad as people say, but I must admit, when I saw the proto pics for the first time while browsing on my phone, the word that came to my mind was...'blow up doll' :thud:

Closer inspection? Do you even have it?

Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best to remove that Spoiler since a lot of people are clicking it thinking it isn't pertaining to something that big from the movie.

I fully admit my Raimi/ Maguire bias... But I think the MMS143 still has this beat personally. :)

Sallah

Oh yeah, that spoiler. Kind of unnecessary too cause it didn't even make sense in how it was used
Spoiler Spoiler:

I think this looks great and my post earlier was short and I just quick glimpse at it but as I'm studying it now. He should have more accessories. Not including a Garfield head sculpt for me is not a big deal but should be a sign of the price being lower. If someone stated most of what he comes with is only in a scene for less than a minute than Hot Toys is just throwing stuff in to probably raise the price on this. EX seems cool. Anyone else notice no Webbing for this one? I like the design a lot and also examining the suit it does look a bit too shiny. Shouldn't be that way. Overall I will have this on Pre-order and it does look amazing but definitely Hot Toys needs to fix some things for it to be perfect. I think it's time I finally pick up the first version.

In a strange way.. these pictures have made me appreciate the ASM1 outfit a bit more. I waited for this one and wanted to be blown away by it but I feel like I am trying to force myself to like it. Maybe Hot Toys will make some changes based on the feedback. My thoughts fall in line with everyone elses.. wrong material and the neck seam makes no sense if you cant swap the head. Looks like they took shortcuts in exchange for a quick release. I'd rather them take more time and release a better figure next year.

Best to remove that Spoiler since a lot of people are clicking it thinking it isn't pertaining to something that big from the movie.

Agreed. Removing it or at least giving warning that the spoiler really has nothing to do with an accessory would be a kind move...

Sallah

I think it is a much better improvement from the first film's suit, and I actually don't mind that there is no Garfield head sculpt, though I do find that quite odd. Those accessories are worthless to me and I would never use them. I just hope this is less than 199, otherwise it's not worth it at all.

I think it is a much better improvement from the first film's suit, and I actually don't mind that there is no Garfield head sculpt, though I do find that quite odd. Those accessories are worthless to me and I would never use them. I just hope this is less than 199, otherwise it's not worth it at all.

I'd be surprised if it came under $200 with the price on ebay. I am guessing $210-$220 mark plus shipping.

I revisited the first page 2 or 3 Q release. We are already in 2 Q. It must be designed heavily on their first version to release it so quickly.

Last edited:

I thought MJ had been cast already, the girl from The Descendants?

Wtf, no head sculpt?!?

Still a PO for me, might just try to pick up a Garfield HS later on, I have no interest in a BD Spidey if that's what they're saving the HS for.

Exactly my point... Talking openly about the spoiler is actually worse than the original spoiler post in the first place. At least you had to click on that to get spoiled...

Sallah

It reminds me of Principal Skinner and the student who will be known as 'Lisa S... wait, that's too obvious, L Simpson'

It reminds me of Principal Skinner and the student who will be known as 'Lisa S... wait, that's too obvious, L Simpson'

Ha! Nice...

Sallah

As a comic fan, I have been expecting and waiting on it. But then I remember other people outside of us are watching these films. My audience, gasped out loud when the identity of the Winter Soldier was revealed. I sat there wondering how anyone was surprised by that. But then I remembered I'm a comic nerd, and it made sense. At times I envy them, being able to be surprised in these films. It rarely happens, and when it does, I am usually angry because it went against the comic.

But about the other spoiler in this thread
Spoiler Spoiler:
The thing with The Winter Soldier is it's the same actor from The First Avenger...so I don't really get how people could be that surprised. Being surprised, I get, but not that surprised. I see your point, it's a curse in some ways, though I find it a blessing.

Spoiler Spoiler:

And Henry yeah you really should have put a spoiler tag in your post, you made it so obvious :lol

lol, why does everyone keeping quoting the spoiler?

So bought, looks amazing lol, no parker head this time is a disappointment I must say.

Back to this figure, I want a Spidey for my Marvel section, but I really would have preferred a cloth suit. The vinyl/latex just looks bad. I get using it on the boots and maybe the area around his forearms, but not on the main torso. Does anyone really believe they will correct it though?

Back