1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't see these increasing in value over time, collect the characters you like

Some do increase in value, but that is not my reason for collecting. I get the characters I want. I got TDKR Bale Batman because i like Batman, and that interpretation of the character was awesome. I have yet to buy anything because I think it's value will increase. I buy the characters I want to see on my shelf.

Folks who seen the movie, without giving away spoilers think there is a chance for v2 suit?

I've seen the movie twice, and during the second viewing, I kept an eye out for possibilities on suit variations and such for a second version of the figure. All I really noticed was that they could do a battle-damaged suit, but I think it'd look terrible. I'm not giving away plot points or spoilers, so don't worry if you haven't seen the movie yet and are reading this. I think it'd look terrible though, because Peter's suit really doesn't get all that damaged in the film (there's plenty of action, don't you worry). There are just a few rips and tears here and there, but with the material that the suit is made out of, I think it'd translate poorly on a figure and would appear to be a hole in the figure's suit; a hole from either the suit breaking down or lack of caring for the figure.

I know the main issue being discussed with the figure here is the change in material on the figure, so I suppose maybe there could be a work-around for a battle damaged version. Maybe they'd be able to make it look like the damage is intentional and what not. But like I said, the suit doesn't get very damaged. I can't see Hot Toys making another version of the figure just so they can add a couple of rips.

Now, getting a variant figure with an unmasked head and on which the top half of the suit can be removed to display Andrew Garfield's smokin' bod...mmm...yeah, I'd go for that. :pray:

Even with the material screw up this is the best looking Spider-Man Hot Toys has produced. I'm hoping against hope they change the red though.

I think there's a big possibility that the costume design would stay in the future films, given positive reaction of fans over it. IMO it's on the list of the best things about this sequel.

That doesn't mean that there's no possibility of Hot Toys making another version of the same suit, though. It would just be packaged differently, perhaps with more accessories, better suit material, updated Andrew Garfield headsculpt, etc. Just like their multiple TDKR as well as Terminator 2 releases. That new figure of the same Spidey suit might happen in 2017 though, and at $350, so I'll just pray that this turns out great :lol

That's what I love about him - keep it real yo! :clap :exactly:

:D

I think there's a big possibility that the costume design would stay in the future films, given positive reaction of fans over it. IMO it's on the list of the best things about this sequel.

That doesn't mean that there's no possibility of Hot Toys making another version of the same suit, though. It would just be packaged differently, perhaps with more accessories, better suit material, updated Andrew Garfield headsculpt, etc. Just like their multiple TDKR as well as Terminator 2 releases. That new figure of the same Spidey suit might happen in 2017 though, and at $350, so I'll just pray that this turns out great :lol

I think a new suit in the next movies is sadly a sure thing... I cant recall a sequel thats ever kept the same suit through more than 1/2 a sequel. On the flip side... how cool would a Superior spider man costume look on screen!!? (first SSM with red/blue)

I think a new suit in the next movies is sadly a sure thing... I cant recall a sequel thats ever kept the same suit through more than 1/2 a sequel. On the flip side... how cool would a Superior spider man costume look on screen!!? (first SSM with red/blue)

It's possible, maybe even some tiny revisions here and there. Like TDK and TDKR gauntlets being different.

Were there any differences among the Red and Blue costumes worn by Maguire in all 3 films, though?

:D

The Amazing Bagman first :lol
bu4urubu.jpg

It's possible, maybe even some tiny revisions here and there. Like TDK and TDKR gauntlets being different.

Were there any differences among the Red and Blue costumes worn by Maguire in all 3 films, though?

Yeah it was basically placement and webbing color etc... nothing major. I guess that could work, I just want HT's to improve this, then I can have one and be done with it

Yeah but im betting fox has the rights to that... :(

That would be a shame... Even the Civil War Iron Spider is probably somehow tied up at Marvel...
Next bet at a cool new suit is the silver/black Spider-Armor or we get a clone saga (PLEASE!!!) and we get ben reilly :)

Yeah it was basically placement and webbing color etc... nothing major. I guess that could work, I just want HT's to improve this, then I can have one and be done with it

I see. TH=hey might have been too subtle for me to notice LOL.

As for HT coming up with an updated version of this suit, I believe it would be just a matter of time.

I see. TH=hey might have been too subtle for me to notice LOL.

As for HT coming up with an updated version of this suit, I believe it would be just a matter of time.

Hopefully, all I need to see are improvements on the hand webbing and better red material and ill preorder right away

Yes I do know that side show often charges a deposit for pre-orders. Which, means absolutely nothing to hot toys. Sideshow does not take that deposited and turn and give it to hot toys. So a preorder, as I stated before, does not effect hot toys bottom line and this does not effect the product or quality control. And your point about Asian country's and the fact that they preorder before seeing the final product, again means nothing.

Pre-orders allow a company to determine how much of a product they should produce, based on demand. A perfect example of this is Hawkeye.

Back