1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they made the red the same material as the blue this would a near perfect Spider-Man. Add in a new and improved Andrew head and it could be epic.
The Rhino on the other hand....

Really?

look at the size of the webbing on the hands.... They really need to figure out the hands first and foremost... some people will delude themselves for some sort of reassurance they arent wasting their money...

I realy want to see where webbs get inserted at ? Over all will be happy with this one i bet. Just scared of how they changed the hands plugging in on him. I guess will see when we he webswings in.

Really?

look at the size of the webbing on the hands.... They really need to figure out the hands first and foremost... some people will delude themselves for some sort of reassurance they arent wasting their money...
I totally get where you're coming from with the hands and where other people are at with the seam on the head, but personally I think it'll all be about posing and lighting. That stuff could very well be insignificant on display, at a normal viewing distance. Dunno, still on the fence with the figure but nothing's a dealbreaker so far, supposing in-hand shots look good.

There's always going to be some compromises with an articulated figure and mixed media. If I wanted a perfect (or as close to perfect as possible) Spider-Man, than the only choice is a statue and I'm just not into that format.

I totally get where you're coming from with the hands and where other people are at with the seam on the head, but personally I think it'll all be about posing and lighting. That stuff could very well be insignificant on display, at a normal viewing distance. Dunno, still on the fence with the figure but nothing's a dealbreaker so far, supposing in-hand shots look good.

There's always going to be some compromises with an articulated figure and mixed media. If I wanted a perfect (or as close to perfect as possible) Spider-Man, than the only choice is a statue and I'm just not into that format.

Well the bigest thing it the web lines on the outfit appear more "drawn on" where as the hands have a more noticeably raised texture, so it just wont match...

Well the bigest thing it the web lines on the outfit appear more "drawn on" where as the hands have a more noticeably raised texture, so it just wont match...

I think the webs on the suit are screened on so they are raised a bit. The hand webbing is just too heavy which I think they did intentionally to mask the cut line where you swap out the digits. If they reduced those a bit they'd be fine.

To those commenting on the seam on the mask, the first figure has that well. I'm not sure how else they could achieve the contour needed without doing it that way. You can't do that with one piece of fabric. Well, at least not with the fabric they're using. I don't really even notice it on my ASM figure.

Lipsmack-I'm not sure I agree with you idea that folks delude themselves. First because how great the detail or correctness of a figure is has no bearing on the "value" of the figure. If your looking at it from a strictly economic value then toys are basically a waste of money. Sure some hold or increase in value. And people make a living selling them. But that by no means means any one figure is a "wise" investment, no matter how his hands or costume seams appear. In fact the quality of the figure, compared to others of the same brand/line/era often has zero influence on the figures secondary market value. It's often rareity and release timing or exclusivity that matters.

As for looking at it in the collecting sense, and someone having to delude themselves into buying a figure...that's just silly. If a person wants a figure they want it. If they are willing to spend the money on it then by definition it's worth it, no deluding required. I find the whole post you put up a bit insulting. Not sure why it bothered me so much. I guess it feels like your telling someone else that only your opinion on the figure matters and if they /we buy it we are delusional and dumb. And considering art and appearance and athstetics is completly and totally subjective, your statement felt insulting. Sorry for the rant. But if you do t like a feature or the way something is done that is fine and great, go USA, but don't demean someone else for either accepting it or heaven forbid likening it.

As for my opinion on the seam on the head...isn't that where it is on the 1:1 mask in the movie?

Lipsmack-I'm not sure I agree with you idea that folks delude themselves. First because how great the detail or correctness of a figure is has no bearing on the "value" of the figure. If your looking at it from a strictly economic value then toys are basically a waste of money. Sure some hold or increase in value. And people make a living selling them. But that by no means means any one figure is a "wise" investment, no matter how his hands or costume seams appear. In fact the quality of the figure, compared to others of the same brand/line/era often has zero influence on the figures secondary market value. It's often rareity and release timing or exclusivity that matters.

As for looking at it in the collecting sense, and someone having to delude themselves into buying a figure...that's just silly. If a person wants a figure they want it. If they are willing to spend the money on it then by definition it's worth it, no deluding required. I find the whole post you put up a bit insulting. Not sure why it bothered me so much. I guess it feels like your telling someone else that only your opinion on the figure matters and if they /we buy it we are delusional and dumb. And considering art and appearance and athstetics is completly and totally subjective, your statement felt insulting. Sorry for the rant. But if you do t like a feature or the way something is done that is fine and great, go USA, but don't demean someone else for either accepting it or heaven forbid likening it.

As for my opinion on the seam on the head...isn't that where it is on the 1:1 mask in the movie?

People delude themselves constantly... everyone including myself has done and does it... we try to justify things to ourselves so we can sleep happily at night. as for you being insulted, I really dont care. I dont recall once ever having an interaction with you prior to this so it obviously isnt personal.

the major problem with HT's recently and going forward are us collectors. A sub par product get solicited for pre order and we all jump on it, even knowing it has major flaws that need attention. we do this mainly out of fear of "missing out" or a regret down the road, which is understandable, these things increase fairly quick in value. The probblem though, is that when we all preorder it says to SS/HT's that were happy with it. they have no need to make repairs. When I started collecting back in the day HT's did the best they could, they still do pretty awesome stuff, but lately they have been releasing figures at less than par, even compared to Protos (Wolverine stands out). My worry is that they will become too comfortable with not having to make alterations. the only that grabs their attention is $$, and if they show a product and it has less than expected pre orders it will only force them to pay attention to what they got wrong. And dont be fooled, they get A LOT wrong.

My main point with the deluding collectors is that they preorder sub par product and then spend days in the thread justifying and defending the sub parity with "they'll fix it by launch" or "pre ordered but hope they make such and such changes"(simply because HT's has dont that in the past). If you pre ordered what was shown all youre doing is telling that its what you want. which is fine if you are genuinly happy with it, but to order it and then complain and justify it back and forth is hypocritical and counter productive

And with regards to your last question about the movie mask, are you implying that id the movie prop doesn't have a seem then HT's on shouldn't either..? because that would be an example of the deluded collector.. 1/6 cannot compare to 1/1, never has and wont for a very long time

I don't see these increasing in value over time, collect the characters you like

New pictures look great. One thing that I think could use improvement is the hands. The lines on them doesn't look right to me. Other than that though I'm glad I have this pre-ordered.

I wasn't implying anything. I asked a straight forward question. And that question had zero to do with saying 1/6 is better or worse or the same. The question was, wasn't their a seam on the full size mask, in the same location? I don't have a copy of asm2 obviously but I went thru my asm1 and there's a scene where he is pulling the mask off and you can see what looks like a similar seam line, and as it pulls off it bunches up and makes that seam more noticeable. It was just on tv and I was watching it again later that night (asm1) while working on a custom spidey statue that's why it caught my eye. Then I say this.

Anyway, that part doesn't even really matter.

As for you not caring how I feel. I'm crushed. Really. I was so upset I almost...never mind I forgot I didn't care if you care. That wasn't my point.

Just because you delude yourself doesn't mean others do. As far as preorders for an unfinished product somehow giving hot toys an idea that people are ok with some substandard product, that's just not the case. No one has paid for the figure yet. Even if you preorder thru some retailer that doesn't mean that money goes straight to hot toys, thus letting them know this product is somehow ok as is. And that's if you paid anything up front in your preorder. Most people don't. Most people don't ever get charged for a figure till after the final design and paint apps and a fully realized figure is shown. So the idea that someone's preorder let's hot toys off the hook is silly. And the prototype is just that, a prototype.

And even if it whatever issues a figure had where not addressed and the toy shipped exactly the same as the proto..so what. This idea that just because you preorder a figure and then discuss it, both good and bad, up until it comes out or maybe even after, that somehow makes people hypocritical? I don't see that. It would be hypocritical to blast the figure over and over and tell others not to order it and that if you do your wrong, then order it yourself. But if you order a figure then talk about it, even the things you don't like, that's not hypocritical. That's what we normal folks call the Internet. No big word bonus for you my friend.

I wasn't implying anything. I asked a straight forward question. And that question had zero to do with saying 1/6 is better or worse or the same. The question was, wasn't their a seam on the full size mask, in the same location? I don't have a copy of asm2 obviously but I went thru my asm1 and there's a scene where he is pulling the mask off and you can see what looks like a similar seam line, and as it pulls off it bunches up and makes that seam more noticeable. It was just on tv and I was watching it again later that night (asm1) while working on a custom spidey statue that's why it caught my eye. Then I say this.

Anyway, that part doesn't even really matter.

As for you not caring how I feel. I'm crushed. Really. I was so upset I almost...never mind I forgot I didn't care if you care. That wasn't my point.

Just because you delude yourself doesn't mean others do. As far as preorders for an unfinished product somehow giving hot toys an idea that people are ok with some substandard product, that's just not the case. No one has paid for the figure yet. Even if you preorder thru some retailer that doesn't mean that money goes straight to hot toys, thus letting them know this product is somehow ok as is. And that's if you paid anything up front in your preorder. Most people don't. Most people don't ever get charged for a figure till after the final design and paint apps and a fully realized figure is shown. So the idea that someone's preorder let's hot toys off the hook is silly. And the prototype is just that, a prototype.

And even if it whatever issues a figure had where not addressed and the toy shipped exactly the same as the proto..so what. This idea that just because you preorder a figure and then discuss it, both good and bad, up until it comes out or maybe even after, that somehow makes people hypocritical? I don't see that. It would be hypocritical to blast the figure over and over and tell others not to order it and that if you do your wrong, then order it yourself. But if you order a figure then talk about it, even the things you don't like, that's not hypocritical. That's what we normal folks call the Internet. No big word bonus for you my friend.

You do realize SS charges a deposit on most HT figure preorders right..? not all, but quite a few. And you do realize people in Asia who preorder dont get the benefit of seeing final product as we do over here, because their usually the ones showing us the final product. But you seem to have it all figured out, so what evs.

PS id get some cream on that ******** asap, dont want it to get infected

Me either :lol Lipsmack is a straight talker. Don't take dolly stuff personally :duff

That's what I keep telling myself :)

Back