1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure [Specs + Pic]

Suit does look a little plasticky/Medicom to me (which is what I hated about Medicom's) but have to say I really like the beanie/vest look for Spidey. Also, it looks like they took all the criticism of ASM Spidey to heart and gave this one very good articulation. The tight suit outfits are great for neutral poses, but check out the Man of Steel thread. Seems like if you pose that figure in anything but a neutral stance, you get rips and tears. I suspect even though I don't like the fabric they used for the prototype, that it still would look great on the shelf. Not sure about this, just yet, though.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS244 - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Spider-Man Figure [Specs + Pic]

Suit does look a little plasticky/Medicom to me (which is what I hated about Medicom's) but have to say I really like the beanie/vest look for Spidey. Also, it looks like they took all the criticism of ASM Spidey to heart and gave this one very good articulation. The tight suit outfits are great for neutral poses, but check out the Man of Steel thread. Seems like if you pose that figure in anything but a neutral stance, you get rips and tears. I suspect even though I don't like the fabric they used for the prototype, that it still would look great on the shelf. Not sure about this, just yet, though.

I concur. It would look great but the shiny part is really cheap looking, change that and a reasonable price and this is bought. But for now, I'll wait and see.

That's what I was afraid of too! Use the plastic wrap the comes with the figure to separate the beanie from the suit.

I'm sorry but all I thought of when I read this post was a head condom or something to deal with the stain XD Don't know why.

If this body is designed to be more articulated than the MoS figure, they better damn sure give us a more durable suit.

Question to everyone who said the latex looking material was a bad choice, was the red on the ASM1 suit similar to that and if so did that present problems that would have not been present if it were fabric? Personally not a huge fan of the films but love spider-man and want a decent representation for my 1/6th collection will probably end up getting this because the shine doesn't bother me as much nor does the film likeness not being perfect but i was curious what you guys thought

If they are going for screen accuracy it the red material should be a shiny Lycra or spandex. As far as the no head sculpt goes if they weren't planning on making one them why is the neck the same as the ASM version. It looks like you'll be able to swap it out. Although this is a prototype and subject to change but my guess is you'll either be able to put the first version on or it will come with another head to swap in this set or another.

Why did they use the plastic on the red? It looks cheap and inaccurate. Weird choice, and a pass which is the same way I'm feeling about the movie now. Besides the look for the costume everything else looks horrible. Hot Toys will be better off if they start focusing all of their next Marvel releases on the AoU.

I dunno, I like ASM2 suit best of all big screen versions so I want a figure of the character. I think the beanie look is ok, I need them to fix the red or pictures showing the red in a better light before considering buying. That said I find this for $160 shipped like I did the first film suit, id bite as is.

As good as MMS 143 is its a tad too big, they definitely used the wrong base body

I really like the clothed look.

5ahy2avy.jpg

Hey kid. What did you jump ship?What's with the life preserver?

I guess I personally don't see the problem with the red sections of the suit. I think overall the figure looks really solid. I'm curious what the price will be. I kind of like the vest and hat with the backpack look even if it is sort of goofy. :lol

I guess I personally don't see the problem with the red sections of the suit. I think overall the figure looks really solid. I'm curious what the price will be. I kind of like the vest and hat with the backpack look even if it is sort of goofy. :lol

Exceeding USD 200..... most probably 229 (or 239)......

I don't know what it is, but the suit looks like a medicom figure. It's that glossy vinyl look I think. The same look those crappy Spider-Man 3 RAH figures had. Seems kind of cheap looking to me. I think the black suited Spider-Man is the best Spider-Man figure Hot Toys has done. MMS 143 and MMS 165 is all I need.

LOL at the hipster attire.

EDIT:

Oh, the Medicom/material/cheap talk doesn't seem to be a new idea I guess after looking at all the other comments. :lol

Last edited:

Can't wait! Hopefully under 200$

I complained but I know that I will probably buy it.. I need a red Spidey with that classic look. I wonder if any villains are in the works?

Back