1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: Celtic Predator Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Figure

Excellent photos Sharpnel,What camera do you have?

I use a Sony Nex 5. But after uploading from Photobucket I have no idea why pictures come out sort of blurry and less detailed and not so big via the image links!

I'm shooting it with a Canon 5D MK II using a diffuser to bounce the flash.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Figure

I'm shooting it with a Canon 5D MK II using a diffuser to bounce the flash.

Excellent. I haven't got the the funds to purchase a good lens kit for my nex 5 so stuck with the default lens. I do have some long zoom manual Carl Zeiss Jena lens but need to buy an adapter for it some day, but prefer wide angle lenses.

Here's my 95% complete AVP Ancient custom so far.
Awaiting for my Celtic to arrive but will take 10 -14 days for delivery.

The base is very nice but the Alien grid head obviously has no transparent dome effect. I love the detailing on mouth area. Much more detailed than the previous alien head figures by far. Looks like a big black slobberish alien head like those Goa'uld symbiotes, I love it! The wife hates it, it creeps her out.

I was wondering wether I should paint the base and transform it (since my Celtic is coming with base too) into a white snowy ice base like my previous work??

Sorry about the lighting it's night time.

Question are you guys adding the tubes that are on the bios?

Yeah, almost everyone is. A few don't have it in some photos but I guess that down to quick pose quick picture. As posing often, the tubes fall out now and then when you move the body around too much.

I'm using the tubes as well.:)

@The Banshee - Cool ancient bro! Did you sculpt that ancient bio? I always wanted to have an ancient pred in my collection.

Pic update, Ancient with Scar, still waiting for Celtic to arrive......

I will keep the trio to complete the set. Not getting Chopper, never really liked his bio but his trophies were the best and he had the protracted bladed feet and the super blades. Though I am curious how he and AVP Elder will turn out.

I'm using the tubes as well.:)

@The Banshee - Cool ancient bro! Did you sculpt that ancient bio? I always wanted to have an ancient pred in my collection.

Thanks, now it belongs to the old pred but I had to redo dreads and shorten, decorated them, custom fitted neck post for new body, custom beaded necklace, custom bone necklace and 1 waist bone trophy.

I am going to keep him with the full chest armour instead of screen accurate. Because Ancient had the biggest bio out of all the Preds even when compared to Asia exclusive (those who have them can compare them, you'll notice it's longer as well as wider) so for that reason I'm keeping him with chest armour . The old Ancient was nice but because of the size of his bio he kind of looked big headed with only half chest armour. But this problem is fixed with my custom.

And then I also repainted and added Tracker's right hand (gives added detail compared to his normal hand) holding the Original Alien head that used to be on spear.

And then full repaint of his bio by dry brushing to match accurate colour of the new 2.0 body armour.

Absolutely love this figure
vamuhyju.jpg

quryvu3y.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back