1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: Celtic Predator Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Figure

Maybe you could just squirt a dab of each onto a napkin and decide which one looks better.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Figure

Which do think it was, the silver or gun metal gray?

I'm not sure which paint was used here but I do know that the citadel paints from games workshop are great. I've used some other brands for metallic silver and it turned out a dull grey. Boltgun metal or chainmail (now called ironbreaker) are the best. If chainmail is too silver for you that you can always tone it down by applying a bit of boltgun metal.

I'm starting to get really worried and and now it's really bugging me..... We may have to contact Hot Toys and tell them to hold back and rethink what exactly they're doing/releasing (with the Predator line).....and in what scale.... Just a bit upset to be honest.

I know some of the new 2.0 Predators have so far been already released......so now it's basically too late to make any changes.:mad:

Just was over at the HT MoS thread and it was discussed that HT are now introducing the correct scale in regards to the new 1/6 figures from now on.

It's been mentioned (by those who have him) that he's just same size as Classic Predator.:(

The new Thor is close to 12.6 inches (mentioned by member)
So does that mean a new release of 3.0 Preds - I don't think so. But they should have thought about it really well before hand.

If HT had given the 2.0 Preds a height of 15 inches then the problem would have already been sorted.

I don't know what the future holds...

I still love my HT Preds regardless what the company decides to do from now on...

This photo (below) was uploaded by Guyver1:

....and from now on this WILL be the new norm in terms of accurate 1/6 scale...

Poor predator lines :monkey2

GW no longer sells boltgun metal, i'm hearing that leadbelcher sucks by comparison. So ironbreaker it is then but i am also being told army painter gunmetal is good.
I need to know which paint will look best for celtic eyes, i know nothing about citadel paints or what to expect from them.

GW no longer sells boltgun metal, i'm hearing that leadbelcher sucks by comparison. So ironbreaker it is then but i am also being told army painter gunmetal is good.
I need to know which paint will look best for celtic eyes, i know nothing about citadel paints or what to expect from them.

They're (citadel) are the best. I've been using them for 15 years. Yes it's true that the new leadbelcher can not match the old boltgun metal.

My best bet is to see if you can pick up some old used (citadel) paints from ebay - just make sure that the seller has listed boltgunmetal in pics.

You'll be greatful you did.

Chainmail / iron breaker is the most shiniest silver you can find-since you can't get mirrored silver chrome silver paint (in little bottles) for painting by hand, I hope one day you can.

Because I'm a strict hand painter, don't even use spray guns for my customs ever. The hands painting is the most professional approach and I'd be too scared to use mirrored chrome spray paint from a can (if I removed the visor even) as it may mess it up and look like blotched paint.

Last edited:

So should i get ironbreaker or try for boltgun metal somewhere? I want the right color silver for celtic eyes so when i get him all i have to do is paint.

Just searched and can't find any boltgun metal, so my options are: leadbelcher, ironbreaker, runefang steel. Which of these will look best?

Just searched and can't find any boltgun metal, so my options are: leadbelcher, ironbreaker, runefang steel. Which of these will look best?

I used leadbelcher on my Celtic repaint and it looks fine for me. I have to agree that boltgun metal is better I learned painting using citadel paints and I'm still using it until now.:)

Pick the one that looks like a brighter silver I would say I use the silver sterling

Well, I am getting a replacement body from Alterego comics due to my medical pack missing straight out of the box. In order to get the replacement body, I was told I had to destroy mine. Not really keen on destroying mine before having the other one in had cause now I have an empty shelf. But i did this eye lense mod to take my mind off things.

Well, I am getting a replacement body from Alterego comics due to my medical pack missing straight out of the box. In order to get the replacement body, I was told I had to destroy mine. Not really keen on destroying mine before having the other one in had cause now I have an empty shelf. But i did this eye lense mod to take my mind off things.

So should i get ironbreaker or try for boltgun metal somewhere? I want the right color silver for celtic eyes so when i get him all i have to do is paint.

I'm sure MikeM has used leadbelcher, and if you look at Jacerc130 his is more silvery like runefang steel. Your best bet would be to get runefang steel and then apply gloss if you want that shiny reflective look. I've used gloss over boltgun and chainmail and it gives a shiny reflective look, so go for it.

Reason I'm saying rune fang steel is because the new 2.0 bio is pretty silvery so leadbelcher may not stand out. That's the best advice I can give you my friend.

CollectorGuy, I used Tamiya acrylics. I started off with a light dry brush of Titanium silver and then went over it with a light drybrush of flat aluminum, then finished with light black ink wash around the crevice of the lense to accentuate the shine of the lense. I will do as the Banshee suggested and give the lenses a clear gloss coat. Aqua Gloss by Aclad is a great water based gloss coat. I will post some more pics once I have finished the gloss.

Celtic joins my army.

congrats fremen, great pictures.

Thank you Crazy.

Very nice pics freman. Celtic joined my clan today. Damn impressive. Never was able to get the first version.

Just imagine if hot toys decides to release these with die-cast Armour :thud::thud:

No doubt they will just to suck us out of more cash.

I'm sure MikeM has used leadbelcher, and if you look at Jacerc130 his is more silvery like runefang steel. Your best bet would be to get runefang steel and then apply gloss if you want that shiny reflective look. I've used gloss over boltgun and chainmail and it gives a shiny reflective look, so go for it.

Reason I'm saying rune fang steel is because the new 2.0 bio is pretty silvery so leadbelcher may not stand out. That's the best advice I can give you my
friend.

Ok i'll get runefang steel then but what gloss do you recommend? Citadel doesn't seem to have one.

Back