1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: Celtic Predator Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Figure

Got this beast last night and repainted the lens on the damaged mask right away and I like the look better than just black.

Much better, that's what I will do when I get mine too, I hate the Beatty black eyes on Celtic, nice job :hi5:

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Figure

Great work raiyuri! Do you have any tips for getting it to turn out like yours did?

Out of curiosity, what would be better: painting the lenses while they're attached to the mask or detaching them to fully-repaint and then gluing them back in?

Out of curiosity, what would be better: painting the lenses while they're attached to the mask or detaching them to fully-repaint and then gluing them back in?

Painting them looks great, I have done it on another bio, but if you were to try and detach them to paint them, I would recommend just cutting them out all the way thru the bio and then paint the back side of clear lexan and put it back into the bio. I did that on my 1/1 Celtic bio and it looks much more like the movie version due to the reflective nature of the lexan with the paint behind it (dan from predatorstuff fix) I imagine it will be much more difficult on a 1/6 version but if done right I imagine it would look incredible.

Got this beast last night and repainted the lens on the damaged mask right away and I like the look better than just black.

I would very much like to know the method of paint you used for the eyes. I have silver paint but i think it wont look the right color by itself.

Hell would you be willing to do repaint custom job for me? I'd pay if it could be done reasonably cheap raiyuri. I am sick of HT black eyes bull****, i just dont see how they can not
make these preds and not know the eyes are supposed to be silver!

Great work raiyuri! Do you have any tips for getting it to turn out like yours did?

Thank guys! He really looks cool with silver lens.:D

@Dr. Odd - About the repaint I did, you don't have to remove/cut the lens part just straight dry brush. Didn't want the lens to be all silver and the dry brushing helped to give it some shading look to it.

I used citadel leadbelcher color I think it's boltgun metal on other brands.

Here's a tip for Hot Toys; get it right in future. :D

Hopefully they will, if wolf has black lenses I will be pissed. Also I kept picturing this with your new sig, teenage mutant ninja goose :lol
image.jpg

Thank guys! He really looks cool with silver lens.:D

@Dr. Odd - About the repaint I did, you don't have to remove/cut the lens part just straight dry brush. Didn't want the lens to be all silver and the dry brushing helped to give it some shading look to it.

I used citadel leadbelcher color I think it's boltgun metal on other brands.

Thanks for the reply :)

Just got him today. So awesome.

IMG_7162.JPG

IMG_7166.JPG

IMG_7170.JPG

IMG_7174.JPG

IMG_7191.JPG

congrats sharpnel, celtic is bad to the bone for sure.

that’s the best lens repaint I have seen. Nice job! :clap
i agree. that looks how it should look.
what paint is that?

He dry brushed it citadel leadbelcher paint but i want to know the technique he used, how did you dry brush just the eyes without getting any on
the mask?

He dry brushed it citadel leadbelcher paint but i want to know the technique he used, how did you dry brush just the eyes without getting any on
the mask?
all HT predator masks have a removable piece of plastic with sculpted lenses.

Excellent photos Sharpnel,What camera do you have?

I use a Sony Nex 5. But after uploading from Photobucket I have no idea why pictures come out sort of blurry and less detailed and not so big via the image links!

Back