1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: Celtic Predator Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Figure

Interesting,I thought he was died self-destruct on the pyramid top by surrounding with numerous aliens,or just a same type predator?

Ya that predator died, if the avp director said that the elder was in the flashback scene, he was probly talking about the one that was victorious in this picture. The elder doesn't even have the same bio as the ancient Asia pred, elders is a different design that is missing the mouth section, if he was supposed to be shown in the flashback scene he would have been the pred in the basic bio helmet who defeated the aliens and he would have made his elder bio helmet later in life.
image.jpgimage.jpg

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS221 - Alien vs. Predator: 1/6th scale Celtic Predator Figure

Interesting,I thought he was died self-destruct on the pyramid top by surrounding with numerous aliens,or just a same type predator?

View attachment 91714

I read somewhere that that the director said one of the flashback ancient preds was the avp elder when he was younger before he became an elder that's all I remember, I read that along time ago.

Could it be he's one of the 2 preds standing on top of the pyramid at the beginning of the flashback looking over the humans and not fighting any aliens?

I think it makes much more sense to have him be the pred who defeated the aliens, he has the same mark as scar on his bio and he is the leader of the clan. Also the director was trying to show it as a right of passage so it would make sense to show an ancient flashback of the elder with his first victory over the aliens.

Yup agree,or probably they could be several similar same design mask predators just like the classic and P1,i'm remember saw this asia ancient mask exist on avp-requiem as well and he died again :lol
so i guess might make sense(truth is saving cost),however never tired know predator history really.......:wink1:

Ya that predator died, if the avp director said that the elder was in the flashback scene, he was probly talking about the one that was victorious in this picture. The elder doesn't even have the same bio as the ancient Asia pred, elders is a different design that is missing the mouth section, if he was supposed to be shown in the flashback scene he would have been the pred in the basic bio helmet who defeated the aliens and he would have made his elder bio helmet later in life.
View attachment 91719View attachment 91720

Actually Elder and Asia's bio are identical / almost same with the exception of mouth piece you mentioned.

Actually Elder and Asia's bio are identical / almost same with the exception of mouth piece you mentioned.

I know the basic design is the same I was only saying that for those that thought the ancient Asia pred was the elder just because they thought he had the same bio, when in fact it is a different bio with no mouth section and a different color. Man I forgot how bad the bone trophies were on that predatorstuff elder bio, no weathering at all it just looks like pure plastic and they left off most of the writing that should have been on the helmet also they feel really light and cheap compared to sideshow bios. I'm so glad sideshow finally made a movie accurate version.

Thats why i thought he was one of the two standing over the temple. The bios were similar and as he got older and his tusks grew i was thinking he cut out the mouth part of his bio and added the bone trophies.

Hello all.is it possible to male the chest part away ? I mean his armor on the chest are this 2 parts . On ht website you can see it . Can anyone post a picture with taken of the fronpanel right part ?
Thank fir help

:lol Predator tusks don't grow over time, if they did the elder would look like a saber tooth predator. I would consider the possibility of the pyramid guard ancient predator being the elder predator if it weren't for the fact that he died in the flashback scene. I was looking at some avp pics and I just noticed that chopper doesn't seem to have any thigh armor, I wonder if hot toys will make him with it, probly since they don't seem to research the little details on the avp preds, at least it's easy to remove for those that want to.image.jpg

:lol Predator tusks don't grow over time, if they did the elder would look like a saber tooth predator. I would consider the possibility of the pyramid guard ancient predator being the elder predator if it weren't for the fact that he died in the flashback scene. I was looking at some avp pics and I just noticed that chopper doesn't seem to have any thigh armor, I wonder if hot toys will make him with it, probly since they don't seem to research the little details on the avp preds, at least it's easy to remove for those that want to.View attachment 91727

You can also see that chopper has unique feet as well, they have tips. I hope HT gives chopper his correct mask this time, silver with silver/clear visor :lecture.
Wow chopper doesn't have ab armor either.

Given that they've ignored the silver on the other Preds, they'll probably go with a black visor on Chopper. I do hope the helmet is silver, though.

They won't release other AvP Predators, except Wolf Predator.

Given that they've ignored the silver on the other Preds, they'll probably go with a black visor on Chopper. I do hope the helmet is silver, though.

I dont know why they keep ****ing doing it black! Its not accurate at all for celtic and chopper. I dont understand why they cant put more effort into the mask.

I dont know why they keep ****ing doing it black! Its not accurate at all for celtic and chopper. I dont understand why they cant put more effort into the mask.

Haha, i feel you mate :lol

:exactly: Celtic should have had mostly silver glossy lenses and so should chopper, but as long as hot toys does the chopper bio in the right color this time I'll be happy. If it's brown again we should riot :lecture

Got this beast last night and repainted the lens on the damaged mask right away and I like the look better than just black.

that’s the best lens repaint I have seen. Nice job! :clap

Back