1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs

Pity about the price and lack of accessories because that is a damn fine figure right there. Close but no cigar for me, which is a pity.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs

Thinking about the statement Howard made about making 15 armors makes me believe there will be some made in diecast, and plastic ( mms or pps).

There is no way there are making 15 different $300 figures.

I actually didnt think the price was that far off for a diecast figure...You have to set him on the Hot Toys crazy price meter first..but paying $250 for a regular iron man..i thought the diecast would be over $400.00. What accessories would you want besides battle damage? They can hit you up for that on the BD version.

Looks good to me and less than I thought it would be. However how much is diecast metal and how much is plastic? Would also like to see headsculpt before committing. There should also be a few accessories just because.

200 preorders in 3 hours in BBTS ..............."

I'm not a fan of iron man but impressive demand for this figure

That's because they're the only place that doesn't have a NRD or cancellation fee. Everyone is waiting to see how this turns out, but don't want to miss being able to pre-order him at the same time. If the NRD isn't a problem, Sideshow is the no brainer here as they are the same price as BBTS but you get rewards points with them and Flex pay is also an option. I think everyone is playing it safe with BBTS for now to see if the figure turns out good and/or if HT releases a plastic version just before this is released. Its a new type of item and people are just being cautious.

while some of the parts can be shared between our MMS and Diorama Series for displaying together in 1/6th scale.
Parts are swappable between MMS & PPS?

Thinking about the statement Howard made about making 15 armors makes me believe there will be some made in diecast, and plastic ( mms or pps).

There is no way there are making 15 different $300 figures.

The ultimate question and i really want this answered soon, is the ironman MMS's diecast only now with the plastic being left for PPS.

The ultimate question and i really want this answered soon, is the ironman MMS's diecast only now with the plastic being left for PPS.

Thats the question i want to know the answer too, i think they will shoot themselves in the foot if they dont do plastic mms

the articulation will be just like any other diecast figure of this nature. plastic ratchet type joints to help hold up under the added weight and anywhere metal overlaps metal clearance given to prevent friction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatIsTooReal
while some of the parts can be shared between our MMS and Diorama Series for displaying together in 1/6th scale.
Parts are swappable between MMS & PPS?

That to me says we are going to get plastic still

I'd assume that this is the only Iron Patriot we're getting. They're doing the Diecast to steal the thunder from the competition, but I'm sure they know that it would be pointless to do plastic after this. That it's in the MMS line seemingly reflects this.

I'd assume that this is the only Iron Patriot we're getting. They're doing the Diecast to steal the thunder from the competition, but I'm sure they know that it would be pointless to do plastic after this. That it's in the MMS line seemingly reflects this.

Good point. This is an evolution. You don't go back after evolution and HT wouldn't want to fall behind in material since other companies are offering more deluxe high-end versions.

'MMS195D1' makes me wonder will there be plain ol' MMS195, Iron Man or otherwise.

Oh 1/4th where art thou???

I'd think they'll lose some sales with this move, but I could be wrong. They'll be losing mine, at least. Higher price point for figures made in a medium I have no interest in.

I've got a pretty complete plastic Iron Man collection to enjoy, and if I have to leave it at that, I think I'll be fine with it.

'MMS195D1' makes me wonder will there be plain ol' MMS195, Iron Man or otherwise.

Number 195 is assigned to the Iron Patriot right? But why do they have a D numbered 1 after that? I understand that the D means diecast, but will they make several diecast versions of the Iron Patriot or will the whole diecast line be in the spot 195? Why call it D1 and not just MMS195D? Or will the next IM diecast figure be MMS196 or whatever number it will get have a D2 in the end of the name? Like if they are in the MMS line but also in another diecast line at the same time? I'm confused. :gah: :lol

I just want a regular plastic MMS version with tons of accessories!

Gotta be to epitome of " Idiot" if you buy every IronMan release. Be cause of said opinion, I don't look forward to any Marvel films anymore.

It would be cool if HT released what percentage of this figure was made up of diecast. The 'Play Imaginative' IM is listed at "at least 88% diecast metal alloy". That's a nice amount. I'd be pretty disappointed if the HT figure was like 15% diecast or something like that.

Back