1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Specs/Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also strongly feel that Hot Toys at this point should already inform us customers and loyalists if they will expand and continue their diecast line beyond Iron Whiplash 2. It's a shame that they can still fully sell out Iron Men made from plastic material at the $285 to 300 range because they will have no incentive financially to make products made from diecast at the same range of $285 to 310. I personally don't care about the opinions of diecast haters who are obviously biased because they have already heavily invested on their plastic line from the beginning. I personally would prefer to get diecast material for the same amount I will be paying. At the end of the day, a plastic is still a plastic. I would prefer diecast.

with metal characters, its hard to pull off a diecast Thor or Predator :wink1:

me personally would prefer if the Diecast anything thats supposed to be metal, like weapons and guns etc....

Just want to share my photos. I'm a newbie to figure photography & I don't have an editing software so the background is not totally white like those of OMG. I'll take pics of the mark 42 & thor once I get my hands on them.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

I see your point, but I don't feel they are obligated to inform us of future iron man diecast figures any time soon. They still have multiple unreleased diecast figures spanning into next year, and have only recently released their first three diecasts all of which are iron man. Your right about hot toys likely sticking with plastic over diecast if they can sell it at the same $285-$310 price range. That won't be the case though with your average marvel characters that get mass produced, as opposed to a more selective character like the bones suit which will undoubtedly have a lower production number and therefor higher price.

It seems like you prefer die cast just as I do, but I will still gladly buy a plastic figure if it's my only option. Diecast is great with these iron man figures, but switching exclusively to diecast is a bad idea IMO, and unrealistic. The plastic figures look just fine displayed with the diecast figures. New diecast releases likely will depend on how well the 42 and IP do. I would not dismiss someones opinion just because they like plastic/hate diecast and then suggest its because they are clinging to their commitment to plastic figures.

Predator1221, I agree that my statement should not be generalized as not all diecast haters hate diecast for the sole reason that they have invested too much on plastic already but I know for sure that some hate diecast for his main reason. I hate and can't stand selfish people who will forgo improvement of product and benefit of everyone just for their own selfish reasons.

To change the subject, is Play Imaginative's Super Alloy just same material to Hot Toy's Diecast???

If Hot Toys will continue to make plastic iron man figures, I might have to consider switching to Play Imaginative's Super Alloy line. I know that Play Imaginative still has a lot to prove for their Iron Man line but I have to be open to the idea if Hot Toys continue to sell us expensive Iron Men plastic figures.

To those who have 1/6 Play Imaginative Super Alloy Iron Man, will it fit in Hot Toy's Hall of Armor? If they can fit, this can be a game changer for me.

To those who have 1/6 Play Imaginative Super Alloy Iron Man, will it fit in Hot Toy's Hall of Armor? If they can fit, this can be a game changer for me.

PI's Iron Man alloy figures come with their own HOA's, there's no reason to buy the HT one's if you switch.

Predator1221, I agree that my statement should not be generalized as not all diecast haters hate diecast for the sole reason that they have invested too much on plastic already but I know for sure that some hate diecast for his main reason. I hate and can't stand selfish people who will forgo improvement of product and benefit of everyone just for their own selfish reasons.

To change the subject, is Play Imaginative's Super Alloy just same material to Hot Toy's Diecast???

If Hot Toys will continue to make plastic iron man figures, I might have to consider switching to Play Imaginative's Super Alloy line. I know that Play Imaginative still has a lot to prove for their Iron Man line but I have to be open to the idea if Hot Toys continue to sell us expensive Iron Men plastic figures.

Thought PI lost the license for 1:6

No idea Play Imaginative lost its 1/6 license. Guess i'm stuck with Hot Toys since im only into 1/6. What a shame... For same price, i would have gone with a 1/6 super alloy than plastic.

Did anyone ever confirm PI lost the 1/6 license? I know it was stated but don't recall ever reading anything concrete.

Regardless, PI was not the same price as any plastic Hot Toys IM figure.

PI figures cost $450, whereas plastic IM figures run $225-$300 and Diecast IM figures run from $285-$310.

Did anyone ever confirm PI lost the 1/6 license? I know it was stated but don't recall ever reading anything concrete.

Regardless, PI was not the same price as any plastic Hot Toys IM figure.

PI figures cost $450, whereas plastic IM figures run $225-$300 and Diecast IM figures run from $285-$310.

If they were the same price I still wouldn't buy PI over HT.

Comparing eachother 1:6 Starboost, HT blows it out of the water. The level of detail is unmatched. Not to mention PI doesnt hide seams all that well.

Picked mine up at lunch today and I have to say I'm really pleased. Like him so much more than WM 2.0. Awesome paint job, great Cheadle sculpt. Struggled to get him into the awesome fist to the ground pose though. For now he's got the salute going but I'll mess with him more tonight. Can't wait to pick up the Mark XLII to go with him.

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Sp...

Taped some white reflective tape to the inside of his mask to see if I could liven his eyes up without batteries. I like it. Looks like the suit is powered up. Sorry for the crappy pics. I had to go back to my iPhone 4 lol

Top is before - Bottom is after
yqu6u2aq.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS195D1 - Iron Man 3: Iron Patriot Diecast Series Official Sp...

Taped some white reflective tape to the inside of his mask to see if I could liven his eyes up without batteries. I like it. Looks like the suit is powered up. Sorry for the crappy pics. I had to go back to my iPhone 4 lol

Top is before - Bottom is after

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
oh thats good :hi5:

Back