1/6 Hot Toys - MMS194 - The Expendables 2: Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Death that is an AMAZING Expendables collection!!! I'll keep an eye on his clothing and see if gets worse or its probably me just being paranoid

Great pics man. He looks like you weathered him up and I actually think it looks pretty freakin cool :lol

Has he been exposed to direct sunlight at all? That would be my only guess right now. If it gets worse, then please post on here and let us know :wink1:

Thanks man!! I tried my best to take these pics on my Note 3.

He hasn't been exposed to any Sunlight. I keep all my figs away from the sun or windows. The only thing I can think of is maybe the IKEA light for the Detolfs. But I don't even leave that On for more than 5 minutes or less. That's not even turning it ON everyday. It's just weird@_@

Anything changes, I'll post it here.

Thanks man!! I tried my best to take these pics on my Note 3.

He hasn't been exposed to any Sunlight. I keep all my figs away from the sun or windows. The only thing I can think of is maybe the IKEA light for the Detolfs. But I don't even leave that On for more than 5 minutes or less. That's not even turning it ON everyday. It's just weird@_@

Anything changes, I'll post it here.

Check this thread out about the fading issue. Looks like people have had this problem with certain lights :lecture

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...play-cause-figure-color-fade.html#post7486743

DeathAsylum Art Figures has brought back to this line again, I still need to buy their Soldier of Fortune 2 but got derailed by a certain Heavily Armored Cop which OMG blew my mind but saw pics of this:
10959550_695199073925923_3722819478784612620_n.jpg

I was going to kitbash one myself but might just buy this and Soldier of Fortune 2 and be done, well till that Arnie by hot toys comes out for the the new terminator movie, though I think he will have long grey hair :thud:

Yeah buddy, I seen that one over at OSW and been talking to guys about it. I'm in for one and will probably get the KO Enterbay hs.

Thinking if I need the KO head considering he will be wearing glasses but will have a better likeness huh? Might turn out like Soldier of Fortune 2 and be a sleeper hit who knows. Want to go the cheap route ;)

This one is $139.99 and starting to hit sites for PO. Sometime in March/April for release.

Can you PM me who has it already? I might just wait and see if Monkey Depot will get it. I'm more excited this year for these kinds of release's then the Hot Toys I have for PO. I still need to pick up Chicago Gangster Robert.

Hi all. Just passing by and read a few posts about the Barney Ross trousers turning to a very dark brown. This has been noted on mine and a few of my collector friends. It seems the dye HT used for the fig Pants does fade. In my opinion it seems to happen more if the fig was kept in the box for a long while before. Perhaps an reaction to the silicon pack or other plastics in the box. I cant guaranty this is the reason but talking to other peeps this does tend to happen. More of a HT QC problem I hear. I will post a few pics when I get a chance to detail.

Plus will post a few pics of my bashed Lee Christmas in combat and civilian gear with a completely reworked and repainted 1/6 custom Ducati I have just finished.

Kind regards Snaz

Hi all. Just passing by and read a few posts about the Barney Ross trousers turning to a very dark brown. This has been noted on mine and a few of my collector friends. It seems the dye HT used for the fig Pants does fade. In my opinion it seems to happen more if the fig was kept in the box for a long while before. Perhaps an reaction to the silicon pack or other plastics in the box. I cant guaranty this is the reason but talking to other peeps this does tend to happen. More of a HT QC problem I hear. I will post a few pics when I get a chance to detail.

Plus will post a few pics of my bashed Lee Christmas in combat and civilian gear with a completely reworked and repainted 1/6 custom Ducati I have just finished.

Kind regards Snaz

DA made a very nice Lee also, I would love to see your version Snaz. Its funny I never knew about the problem with Barney Ross's clothes and took him out of the box as soon as I got him from Sideshow, I don't have a Detolf yet so I figured if any figure benefits from being dusty and a little dirty its Barney, same with my Heavily Armored Cop.

Hi PopCollector.

Will def get some pic up for you. I wanted to create a casual and battle ready Lee like the below picture of Barney. Just doing the finishing touches and waiting for the expendables logo for the bike to arrive.

Kind regards Snaz

Forgot to add Barney is now wearing a vest to show off tats, this is just an old pic.... New resent ones will follow.

10887430_1586493988238416_8080156692261945474_o.jpg

Looking forward to the Ducati man. My buddy the Skull picked one up for his X-MAS bash. I have a few Expendables myself, which are all over this thread a few pages back :lol

DA made a very nice Lee also, I would love to see your version Snaz. Its funny I never knew about the problem with Barney Ross's clothes and took him out of the box as soon as I got him from Sideshow, I don't have a Detolf yet so I figured if any figure benefits from being dusty and a little dirty its Barney, same with my Heavily Armored Cop.

Sent you a pm on the AF JCVD. Also, I haven't noticed any BDUs lightening on mine and I wonder if the lights people use in the detolfs might be the cause for fading.

Can you PM me who has it already? I might just wait and see if Monkey Depot will get it. I'm more excited this year for these kinds of release's then the Hot Toys I have for PO. I still need to pick up Chicago Gangster Robert.

I'm loving the DeNiro Godfather & posted some pics on the thread. For that price range it's a great pickup.

Looking forward to the Ducati man. My buddy the Skull picked one up for his X-MAS bash. I have a few Expendables myself, which are all over this thread a few pages back :lol

Yup, did the Basket ball scene Bash early last year, here's a look at mine, the bike is totally wrong though:lol

Back