1/6 Hot Toys - MMS194 - The Expendables 2: Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you're looking for an accurate knife for Barney,get the Knife from the Art Figures Van Damme figure.Finally an accurate knife,which Hot Toys never bothered adding.Got 2 of it today.
Notice the close up pic of the blade.They paid really good attention to every detail on this knife,even added a small detail like the knife maker's signature and company name stamped on it like the real knife has.

The other knife(Bigger one) is from the Play Toy figure which is way oversized.

2pzeo1v.jpg

n1bgd1.jpg

11qplyw.jpg

qyiidk.jpg

25gh537.jpg

The hands on EX1 was designed to hold the Rambo 3 knife with a bigger handle though,so he can't hold the Toothpick without the chance of it falling out of his hands.1 Left hand on EX 2 though was designed to hold the front grip on the assault rifle so it works well as you see pictured.

There is so much fun with these figures still.You can add just about any weapon that goes well with them.

If you're looking for an accurate knife for Barney,get the Knife from the Art Figures Van Damme figure.Finally an accurate knife,which Hot Toys never bothered adding.Got 2 of it today.
Notice the close up pic of the blade.They paid really good attention to every detail on this knife,even added a small detail like the knife maker's signature and company name stamped on it like the real knife has.

The other knife(Bigger one) is from the Play Toy figure which is way oversized.

2pzeo1v.jpg

n1bgd1.jpg

11qplyw.jpg

qyiidk.jpg

25gh537.jpg

Looks great, where did you get a 2nd knife? or did you buy 2 AF van Damme's?

Not getting Van damme.Got the knives loose on ebay.Best to strike early while they are available ;)

Not getting Van damme.Got the knives loose on ebay.Best to strike early while they are available ;)

lol you did strike early! cause I was looking for one aswell but couldnt find one!

Before I sold off my Play Toys Jean Vilain figure,
I made a quick video with a look at the Art Figures JCVD and compared the two.
I'm no xenomorph, neny dee or clipperking, so don't expect anything fancy, just a little look.

Nice review.As good as the EB headsculpt is,i would actually choose the AF one simply because the paintjob on these recasts are never as good as the original.Doesn't bring out the full potential in the sculpt.You can clearly tell in your video with those heads side by side.

Will you upgrade your Statham head?There were like 4-5 different heads done and 2 of them looks better than the AF one imo.Fairly cheap on ebay.

Nice review.As good as the EB headsculpt is,i would actually choose the AF one simply because the paintjob on these recasts are never as good as the original.Doesn't bring out the full potential in the sculpt.You can clearly tell in your video with those heads side by side.

Will you upgrade your Statham head?There were like 4-5 different heads done and 2 of them looks better than the AF one imo.Fairly cheap on ebay.

thx.

Yeah i've got one that is on my Transporter kitbash,
I am waiting for the one that Kit Chen recently showed and the new Belet one to decide which one I want.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-martin-jason-statham-transporter-movies.html

That head is a good one for sure.I think i had 4 Statham heads in total for my AF before i sold it.

Damn it!!!

Went looking on the bay for that Art Figure JCVD blade and I could only fond one, that's a bid on one. :gah:

I picked this figure up at hastings for only $42 bucks. Everyone should check their hastings store for close out deals like this. Thet are getting ready for new stck and doing promotions for comic con this week.

I couldn't believe my luck. The figure is bad ass. I can't wait to get him displayed. Just not sure which outfit to have him in. Really impressed with the detail on his tattoo. They still have the batpod from Dark Knight rises for 279.99. I am going to try to pick that up for a friend.

Back