1/6 Hot Toys - MMS194 - The Expendables 2: Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The nearest Hastings (local one doesn't) that carries Hot Toys is about an hour away from me. Called em' up and the guy said they had one for $84 bucks. Tempting but I think I'll pass.

Yep I missed the Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow but I liked the Barney Ross more anyway and he will look good on the shelf with John Matrix from commando when He comes out.

Used an Aldo Raine coat on him. Perfect match ! image.jpg

I was actually going to repose my Barney Ross shirtless in the next couple of days and I have had his shirt on him since day one so it will be interesting to see if his body has been stained or not.

Let us know. I recently checked my Expendables bashes accept for Ross and they are all stained pretty bad. One of my DX10s has a Ross T on and it was fine.

Will do buddy and touch wood all is okay.

On a side note I will need to pick up the blade from the Art Figure JCVD figure.

Thanks Deathasylum!

Looking at those undershirts, before I spend 15 bucks with shipping I honestly could probably make one out of a cheap pair of pantyhose or something of similar material. There is no elaborate stitching or hemming, just a general shape that is stitched from wrist to waist with an opening for the neck. Has anyone tried this? I think it's totally feasible.

I haven't opened mine yet because of this. I figure I might as well have this undershirt ready before I gear the whole figure up.

Thanks Deathasylum!

Looking at those undershirts, before I spend 15 bucks with shipping I honestly could probably make one out of a cheap pair of pantyhose or something of similar material. There is no elaborate stitching or hemming, just a general shape that is stitched from wrist to waist with an opening for the neck. Has anyone tried this? I think it's totally feasible.

I haven't opened mine yet because of this. I figure I might as well have this undershirt ready before I gear the whole figure up.

Sounds like an excellent plan. Make sure to post some pics of your design when your done.

Okay. That was -the- most infuriating assembly of any figure I own. As I described it to my girlfriend, it was like trying to clothe a reluctant, disturbingly muscular child. Plus redoing the straps on the vest was nauseatingly entertaining. I don't expect I will ever put him into the casual attire even if it is superbly executed. I also am going sans beret because it seems slightly too big and the hair sculpt is excellent.

Fantastic figure though, and for the deal I got him for (Hastings clearance), I couldn't be more ecstatic about Barney here. It reminds me a lot of toys we had as kids, coming with a bunch of cool and fun additives to make our own adventures with. This is why I like figures like this and The Mechanic.

I made a rudimentary undershirt that did the job and covers well enough whilst being hidden, unless looking straight down. The picture is V1, I didn't take a picture of V2, but the only difference was that it had slightly larger openings for a bitter fit. It was a mixed fiber rayon/elastic cloth I picked up at Jo Ann's fabrics.
88eaa9cc688a9a69e85d05fae880ea76.jpg

Looks good man. A tip about the vest on V2 Barney. Just use the zipper to put the vest on and take off. You don't need to mess with those stupid straps like on the V1 Ross vest. It's super easy and takes just a couple of minutes now :)

Looks good man. A tip about the vest on V2 Barney. Just use the zipper to put the vest on and take off. You don't need to mess with those stupid straps like on the V1 Ross vest. It's super easy and takes just a couple of minutes now :)
Thanks!

Yeah the zipper is fantastic when you can get it seated, which after a while of futzing was probably more frustrating than it would have been for full patience me haha. I had accidentally pulled the straps undone as I was working with the figure so I had no choice but to redo them unfortunately.

I did find it very odd that he didn't come with a futzing tool like Cap or Tony (Mechanic). Thankfully I had two on hand from the aforementioned figures, but I would have really expected a figure with so much required adjustment to have one.

Oh bummer man :slap I remember spending a good 35 minutes on that V1 Ross vest. What a horrible design :lol Not that you need it for Sly anymore, but I recommend picking up a hobby tweezer set for a couple of bucks next time your out and about. Makes futzing 1/6 so much easier and way better than that little tool HT provides for IM figures.

41340PsCXfL._SX300_.jpg

Oh bummer man :slap I remember spending a good 35 minutes on that V1 Ross vest. What a horrible design [emoji38] Not that you need it for Sly anymore, but I recommend picking up a hobby tweezer set for a couple of bucks next time your out and about. Makes futzing 1/6 so much easier and way better than that little tool HT provides for IM figures.

41340PsCXfL._SX300_.jpg
Never had the opportunity to handle the V1, and by the sound if it I never want to [emoji1]
Good tip, but way ahead of ya. I've had a whole kit of them in the hobby buckets for projects dating way back. Fantastic tools for the task.

Back