1/6 Hot Toys - MMS194 - The Expendables 2: Barney Ross Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems like hot toys are getting worse with there sculpts.I prefer the 1st sculpt.wolverine,tony stark mech test and now this,not to mention I'm not a fan of the avengers thor sculpt either.enterbay just showed pics of there 3 django unchained figures,they look like they could be a picture of the actors,why can't hot toys do the same thing?

- Head Sculpted by Kojun
- Head Art Directed by JC.Hong
Still the worst HT pair to work on any sculpt :lol

At least now I have a chance to get accurate rifle for my Avengers Cap fig :yess:

Annnnd another stupids post for the Riddicks.

The sculpt looks very realistic, it's not HT's fault Stallone's plastic surgeon should lose his/her license.

Last edited:
I think the first Barney Ross is much better than this one. His eyes are too close together and he grew a Popeye chin. He almost looks like a caricature of himself. Plus I like him better in a goatee. He almost looks like a Mexican drug smuggler with that handlebar mustache. :lol

I got the first one, never opened it as the rest of the team was never made, not really interested in this one. They need to make more from this license if they want people to bite, we need chuck norris, arnold, statson, and van dam to call it a line just to get started.

If they want to make a stand alone stallone figure it should be rambo.

Thought this line was dead. I actually like the expression. May have to get this. I don't have any Stallone figures in my collection.

482170_10151291826067344_1235058347_n.jpg

ROSS028_zps3706e5eb.jpg

554928_10151291826027344_231806012_n.jpg

ROSS021_zps733b8d82.jpg

165993_10151291825852344_768508772_n.jpg

review_barney_3_zpsfb278749.jpg

1_zps285c2cf1.jpg

I like it. I missed the first one so I will get this one. very cool.

Reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

Looks good. Wonder about the tattoos.

SnakeDoc

Code:
A been there done that already figure. :dunno

While thats true this is only the second time this character has been done, MUCH less than lots of others.

Thought this line was dead. I actually like the expression. May have to get this. I don't have any Stallone figures in my collection.

Technically since this is the first, then the line wouldn't have been born yet :lol

The new one has more emotion (around the lips especially) and texture than the last

The vest looks much better, i wonder if they changed the way it attatches, i heard there was trouble with that before.

Last edited:
I'm also curious about the tattoo body. Odd they wouldn't show that if he were going to have it. I think V1 looks much better.

It will be Terminator related i guess. Since no 1 and 100 have always been Terminator characters.
Don't you dare get my hopes up Mike.

iTYnser.jpg

1/4 Bale Bruce Wayne is their worst sculpt to date
I don't know about that. Their Dastan was pretty horrible, and the Superman 2-in-1 looked nothing like Routh at all. The Aliens guys also had bad likenesses in most cases but they might all be attributable to rights issues.

Back