1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 2 - Iron Man Mark 4 (Reissue) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 2 - Iron Man Mark 4 (2.0) Collectible Figure

I'm not gonna speculate and I'll just wait to hear more solid info. I was just saying that it isn't a 100% certainty that a convention EX gets released through SS.

Be it plastic or "die cast", I'd think it would be odd if this wasn't offered as a full MMS 2.0 release. They completely redeveloped the MK III (although it's a step backwards in some aspects), so I'd be surprised if they didn't do the same for II-VII. Really they should do the MK I over again too. There's too much demand for the main suits and unfortunately they are all dated in several ways

i totally agree. if it were just a straight full-on repaint, then i could understand it being an exclusive. but if there are new parts, i'd expect it to be widely available. i couldn't see them putting in the work just to not try and make as much money back as possible. or hey.. maybe their bottom line is doing well enough that they could afford to do something like that.

Do we know when the store opens?

I'm guessing this is a repaint too since the new Midas is a repaint. Seriously, the Mark 7 armor has been repainted so many times and parts of it has been reused dozens of times in the other armors, I doubt HT will design a new one now. I honestly hate all of the diecast IM armors. It is too top heavy and the plastic joints can't support the weight of the armors. My Mk 42 and 43 are both a wobbly mess who can't even stand on their own anymore, all my other plastic IM armors are doing just fine.

I bet it's going to be more expensive with less accessories than the original. :slap

This is great news! Finally I may be able to get a main armor at an affordable price. I don't even care if it has the pink underwear issue.

I'm in to collect the other 6 original armors in diecast. I have the MK3 DC already would love this guy even plastic 2.0 is A ok with me lol.

This might be ok if they include a brand new Iron Man 2 Tony sculpt. Otherwise, the decision not to make it diecast is baffling.

I'm just waiting for Motuxmen to jump in saying 'How is it baffling??? They're a business!'

Hope they fix the fading issue with 2.0. I'd be okay with plastic as long as they fix that.

This might be ok if they include a brand new Iron Man 2 Tony sculpt. Otherwise, the decision not to make it diecast is baffling.

I'm just waiting for Motuxmen to jump in saying 'How is it baffling??? They're a business!'

Feel free to not pm me with questions any more if you want to take shots

According to some sites, Shanghai store will be open at June 16th. Long time waiting, just hope that we see these earlier.

I'm not taking shots but it's expected for you to be bullish with your opinions on the board. People can have opinions, but you have this very strong steamroller way of speaking here. Also, none of your news for Alien day panned out so don't act like your insider info is genuine. If it were you wouldn't be acting like Deep Throat, you would share it. People would like you a lot more around here.

The greatest benefit of the diecast figures wasn't the diecast. It was the vastly improved engineering, which really made the original figures feel dated and inferior. If they haven't included the drop down hip joint, collapsing ab section, extending ankle joints, Shoulder pivot and improved range in the neck then theres really no point in re-releasing this.

Exactly! The engineering makes all the difference. I would actually prefer plastic suits with the improved engineering, so hopefully this will get the full treatment.

The greatest benefit of the diecast figures wasn't the diecast. It was the vastly improved engineering, which really made the original figures feel dated and inferior. If they haven't included the drop down hip joint, collapsing ab section, extending ankle joints, Shoulder pivot and improved range in the neck then theres really no point in re-releasing this.

Good points. :duff HT isn't straight up re-releasing the same exact figure, is it? It'd be hard to call that a proper companion piece to the diecast WM.

Yeah, if it really is just a straight re-release, then the "2.0" label is inaccurate IMO.

I hear a lot of 2.0 are coming. Good for those who missed out.

I'm not taking shots but it's expected for you to be bullish with your opinions on the board. People can have opinions, but you have this very strong steamroller way of speaking here. Also, none of your news for Alien day panned out so don't act like your insider info is genuine. If it were you wouldn't be acting like Deep Throat, you would share it. People would like you a lot more around here.

Yes, finally you've finally accepted the truth!

I told you he was tricksy, I told you he was false.

So they didn't reveal the approved Riley figure? They didn't have the power loader? Odd, given I saw them.

I said to you I don't like to share things I don't have better info about because people take any rumor and when it doesn't come thru they act like I lied, and the same reason why hot toys has cut way back on their interviews. Did I not tell you this? And did you not continue to ask for info? Your above response is exactly why I said I didn't like to do that. It wasn't about being secretive, it's about this type of stuff.

And sure, I am pretty vocal with my opinions. But if someone likes me or not here has little to do with how I say something and more about what I say. People don't like to be told they are wrong, and no matter how it's done they get defensive and often attack the person and not the message. In the last few posts there are two people (you and Difablo) bringing making personal statements about me when I had not said anything. You brought my name up, and I had said nothing. He chimed in for whatever reason.

As for acting like deep throat...i don't even know what that means. Just because I didn't give you every answer you asked for doesn't mean I'm hiding anything or whatever.

As for the other persons comment...just because things don't always come through in the time I've heard, or exactly like I've heard doesn't mean I'm not getting the info. Stuff happens. Not even hot toys is right all the time with their own public statements from Howard. I've never said I have the definitive info about how things play out and I've been clear that until hot toys officially announces a product for sale that it's all to be viewed as speculation and rumors.

Back