1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 2 - Iron Man Mark 4 (Reissue) Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Iron Man 2 - Iron Man Mark 4 (2.0) Collectible Figure

I'm only interested in a diecast IV and still waiting for a MK5 diecast.

I have the mark I and die-cast III already and the only other IM I would definitely want is the die-cast VI if they make it. The IV is tempting but may be too similar to the III to spend that much money again. I would upgrade my I for a die-cast version though.

Some of the comments on Facebook says that it's a Disney Shanghai exclusive or something like that

Again, this is a nice, but expected. I am guessing this will be a die-cast version, but I am only guessing. I will need to investigate more.
Thank you for the updates though Hologram:hi5:

Some of the comments on Facebook says that it's a Disney Shanghai exclusive or something like that
That's where the paper slip is from but they haven't had an exclusive that wasn't sold through Sideshow.

Aside from that weird cowboy Tony Stark.

It is. But that doesn't mean it won't get a release at sideshow. Look at the battling Cap or NA scarlet witch or stealth mk3 and 7 or Midas or Python or hot rod or Jim Gordon or tfa cap...they where all exclusives (plus about 20 others) for an event or store or show but all where also released at sideshow and secret base

The ad this is from says this is limited to the Shanghai "Disney Town" store or something?

The folks in Hong Kong are speculating that this is a reissue plastic Mk IV with modified parts...for one the eyes on the faceplate are smaller than the original release and much closer to the ones on diecast Mk III...just to commemorate the opening of the Shanghai Disneytown store...

Nothing is sure just yet...

"This is damn peculiar..."

We just went through the this like a week ago. Where an ad shows up and everyone freaks out that they won't be able to get it. As I said then, outside of a very very very very rare instance (of like 2 figures out of 500 in 15 years) every figure has gone up for order through sideshow or others. This would be 3 figures only availble at one event. That would be a doubling of the amount they have done in total in 15 years. Doubt it

There are three full 1/6 figures. The Midas, the mk4, and storm trooper Finn. Plus three cosbaby. Based on the last 15 years there's zero chance there won't be some type of corresponding wide release.

Beginning of Summer Toy Fair exclusives- how limited wll this be? Probably not....if it's modified/improved HT will try to sell alot as there is a market for this armor...we'll see

Well, Rose Hill Tony, Chocolate Stealth VII and the 2 Leslie Cheung sets weren't available through SS, so this could be an EX of that ilk.

If they were to release a MK IV as a full worldwide release, I'd hope it to be a true improved 2.0 and not just a complete redo of the original

Well, Rose Hill Tony, Chocolate Stealth VII and the 2 Leslie Cheung sets weren't available through SS, so this could be an EX of that ilk.

If they were to release a MK IV as a full worldwide release, I'd hope it to be a true improved 2.0 and not just a complete redo of the original

The stealth mkvii was availble through sideshow. It was a different slip cover and paper cover on the base but the figure is exactly the same.

Rose hill was a base stark figure modified. Again, not a new or unavailable base release.

As for the Leslie Chung... 99% of people outside the local market have no idea who that is. This is a different situation. And yes, there have been a few (2 or 3) figures that got a limited local release...and nearly 500 that did not. Which one is more likely?

The Chocolate Mark VII is identical to the one available through Sideshow, with the exception of the base (I think). The Sideshow version also did not come with a T-shirt.

The Chocolate Mark VII is identical to the one available through Sideshow, with the exception of the base (I think). The Sideshow version also did not come with a T-shirt.

Yep. And a slip cover. I have both and the figures are identical.

The stealth mkvii was availble through sideshow. It was a different slip cover and paper cover on the base but the figure is exactly the same.

Rose hill was a base stark figure modified. Again, not a new or unavailable base release.

Yes, I get the Chocolate version is the same fig with different packaging and base cover, but that makes it a release that wasn't available through SS, yes?

And Rose Hill had reused parts but the entire outfit, an accessory or two and packaging was unique to that set making it a different figure.

Yes, I get the Chocolate version is the same fig with different packaging and base cover, but that makes it a release that wasn't available through SS, yes?

And Rose Hill had reused parts but the entire outfit, an accessory or two and packaging was unique to that set making it a different figure.

No, that doesn't make it a different figure. It's the same figure with new packaging. Half the toyfair exclusives get a unique add on or sticker or slip cover when you buy them at the show. But the figure is still the same. If you wanted the stealth mk7 you could get it from sideshow. If you wanted Maria hill you could get it from sideshow. If you wanted stealth mk3 you could get it from sideshow. If you want battling version Cap, or Aou new avenger SW, or storm trooper Luke, or raiden, or evil superman you could get it from sideshow. The ichobod crane figure had a unique slip cover and key chain you could only get at the event it was createed for, but you could buy the standard figure from sideshow. Same for the tru "exclusive" storm trooper. You could still get a storm trooper from sideshow if you wanted one. Just not the one that had the exact packaging as the tru version

The angst over this figure, and what was the issue over the Aou SW last week, was that people would miss out on the chance to get the base figure. It wasn't that they couldn't possibly get the exact version from that event.

I didn't say it makes it a different figure. I said it's the same figure with different packaging, and in a OCD collectors' world there may be completists who would seek that out on eBay for inflated prices since it wasn't offered through SS because they perceive it as rare/different/etc.

Thanks for the drawn out breakdown but I've been around long enough to know what exclusives are, which ones were offered through SS and how it all usually works.

I didn't say it makes it a different figure. I said it's the same figure with different packaging, and in a OCD collectors' world there may be completists who would seek that out on eBay for inflated prices since it wasn't offered through SS because they perceive it as rare/different/etc.

Thanks for the drawn out breakdown but I've been around long enough to know what exclusives are, which ones were offered through SS and how it all usually works.

yeah, if anything is different, even if it's just the packaging, and is only sold via one place or event, then yeah, i would definitely consider it to be an exclusive. even if it's just a figure with an extra accessory.

anyways.. i haven't read this whole thread.. but are people sure that this isn't new? doing a side-by-side comparison.. it looks different. it looks better proportioned, especially the head and lower legs. it's difficult to tell though from the photos i was looking at. so i don't know, to me, this one just looked better.

yeah, if anything is different, even if it's just the packaging, and is only sold via one place or event, then yeah, i would definitely consider it to be an exclusive. even if it's just a figure with an extra accessory.

anyways.. i haven't read this whole thread.. but are people sure that this isn't new? doing a side-by-side comparison.. it looks different. it looks better proportioned, especially the head and lower legs. it's difficult to tell though from the photos i was looking at. so i don't know, to me, this one just looked better.

I'm not gonna speculate and I'll just wait to hear more solid info. I was just saying that it isn't a 100% certainty that a convention EX gets released through SS.

Be it plastic or "die cast", I'd think it would be odd if this wasn't offered as a full MMS 2.0 release. They completely redeveloped the MK III (although it's a step backwards in some aspects), so I'd be surprised if they didn't do the same for II-VII. Really they should do the MK I over again too. There's too much demand for the main suits and unfortunately the older releases are all dated in several ways

Back