1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Batman 1960 TV Series: Batman Collectible Figure (Recolored)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People shouldn't be expected to buy a crappy, lazy repaint for $220 in order for the line to flourish with different characters/vehicles.

Batman and Robin aren't even that old of releases. They hit, what, Spring of last year?

image.jpg

They are just checking to see if we're as boring err i mean fanatic as Iron Man collectors yet. I wonder what is going to happen when that ship sinks, how will Hipster Toys ever survive without cash cowl Iron Man to feed lesser films/figures like Ripley from Alien or Reese from Terminator or any other crap from old crappy movies. I mean how did HT even survive before Iron Man?

Why are they releasing a repaint and not Batgirl...

They appear to be artistically dead. I mean look at all the reuse that never use to happen, we wouldn't stand for it. Give us a new HS or get ****ed is basically what it use to be. The newer collectors don't seem to mind as much. It's basically McFarlane 2.o now.

This really does pop in person, but I don't think that's reason enough to buy it. Sure, it'll brighten up my display, but the fact that it's not cannon will always bug me. I'll probably see if I can buy the two new accessories online.

Pink cowl Batman or even Surf's Up Batman (or preferably a variant that included both of those looks) would have been an instant purchase for me, and surely helped the line more than this figure.

It's not too late, Hot Toys. Throw some swim trunks in there and a pink cowl and let collectors mix and match with their other '66 Batman. I'd certainly buy it for those accessories.

Interest is there hts for the 66 line. Make the batmobile along with riddler, Penguin, and joker , and I bet they will sell out. Add Newmar Catwoman and Batgirl, holy sell out batman!

Interest is there hts for the 66 line. Make the batmobile along with riddler, Penguin, and joker , and I bet they will sell out. Add Newmar Catwoman and Batgirl, holy sell out batman!

I'm sure there is interest but not enough my friend. HT prioritizes the Asian market first. If the interest and sales isn't strong enough for the heroes over there then what chance do we have for the villains over here? I would say 89 Catwoman and Penguin has a much better chance to sell out than 66. We are lucky to even have a West Batman. 66 villains?.....doubtful......unless you start filling up the pre-orders all over HK with this figure ;)

Maybe it will be one of those protos that they show at a convention that never sees the light of day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe it will be one of those protos that they show at a convention that never sees the light of day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Would've been better to put the existing uniform on a slimmer, taller figure and done a new headsculpt of Alfred disguised as Batman.

I still hope the 66 line is not dead. just because it is not big in HK, should not be the only decision to release something. They are missing out on a big market here imo.

I still hope the 66 line is not dead. just because it is not big in HK, should not be the only decision to release something. They are missing out on a big market here imo.

Well they can only go by sales. So far, not a big market. And they are trying. This figure is an indication of that.

Really impossible to tell what the interest was/is as we have no production numbers to gauge sales. If the production numbers were low, then that would suggest very low interest seeing as the figures stuck around for some time. But if HTs simply overestimated the numbers, then who's to say?

Silver Centurian Iron Man is still available and one would assume it was a highly demanded figure. More than likely HTs just over shot demand...now it's on all types of discounts.

Not saying the demand for '66 Batman is as high as Iron Man, what is really? Just saying HTs could have simply over shot demand with the Bat & Robin set and by not releasing the Batmobile, that certainly slowed sales at best. When/ if they get around to releasing the car, there will certainly be more request for the now sold out figures.

I walked the vendors section at SDCC and only saw one Robin for sale amongst the few vendors that do sell 1/6 items. I didn't see any Adam West Batmen at all...just as an anecdotal measure of interest. :huh

Last edited:
I'm puzzled as to why they didn't make a Joker in this line already. Joker seems to do well in the Nolan-verse and the Burton-verse, and we know Arkham City Joker is on its way. You'd think a '66 Joker would sell well.

And don't get me started on Catwoman...

Since there is no source saying what kind of release this figure will be. This might be a commisioned figure by a retail or promotion or some sorts.
Usually Hot Toys will do more to justify a release. Its not just a simple color variation. The paint application, fabric costume and assembly still cost more than you think for a simple color variation rerelease.
Might not justify the cost.

Really impossible to tell what the interest was/is as we have no production numbers to gauge sales. If the production numbers were low, then that would suggest very low interest seeing as the figures stuck around for some time. But if HTs simply overestimated the numbers, then who's to say?

Silver Centurian Iron Man is still available and one would assume it was a highly demanded figure. More than likely HTs just over shot demand...now it's on all types of discounts.

Not saying the demand for '66 Batman is as high as Iron Man, what is really? Just saying HTs could have simply over shot demand with the Bat & Robin set and by not releasing the Batmobile, that certainly slowed sales at best. When/ if they get around to releasing the car, there will certainly be more request for the now sold out figures.

I walked the vendors section at SDCC and only saw one Robin for sale amongst the few vendors that do sell 1/6 items. I didn't see any Adam West Batmen at all...just as an anecdotal measure of interest. :huh

Your right it's hard to know without concrete sales numbers.

But you can infer some pretty solid conclusions based on the info we have.

I don't see why hot toys would produce a large number of these 66 line items in relation to other figures. They are not idiots and didn't grow to be one of the largest figure toy company's by being dumb. With no new/current media support and little to no Asian support ever I doubt they made as many as other lines.

We know that the figures did not sell out anywhere really. We know the interest level on this and other fan sites is way below others.

If you where doing market research and you visited Facebook and OS and here and saw figures announced or shown around the same time have 35 times the posts and views on average as this does that's a pretty damning piece of evidence. Yes it's not all the info and not all solid. But we know they have access to all this, and the actual production and sales figures, and this line is treading water at best I can't see anything that shows this line as a large fan base willing to spend the money on the figures. Despite some popular opinion to the contrary hot toys continues to support the lines that make money they sales. Look at resident evil. Terminator. Predator. Anything Arnold or Depp.

Star Wars in half the time the license has been held by hot toys as the 66 batman has just a few more figures out.

If this line had legs hot toys would support it. If they had no intention or where unwilling they wouldn't have bought the license. They wouldn't be trying to breathe life back into. Yes this isn't the best figure. Would it be better as collectors to have the joker or riddler or catwoman? Sure. But it appears that hot toys is worried that they would loose money if they did it. Other wise they would. So with a repaint essentially it's a lot less risk and time. The sculpt and outfit is already been approved by DC and the TV rights holders and costs them very little to produce. If they can't make a decent profit on this there's no way they continue the line. They probably would have scrapped it already had they not sunk money and time into the batmobile. Now they are trying to get the line some intrest with little cost to see if they can sell the car. If the that happened and it sold ok they may continue.

My point is there's just nothing that says this line has a large buying fan base.

I think it's obvious to all that this is a niche line...probably no more so than HTs. I see your point and agree with it but I think this might be offered in preparation for the 50th anniversary next year and the planned animated movie voiced by Adam West & Burt Ward.

I think HTs simply over shot the demand and produced too many based on it being Batman. Many companies did the same thing. Lots of companies invested in this franchise last couple of years and the hype was at a feverish pitch. It was ALL over SDCC a couple years ago.

I do think HTs is re-evaluating their approach but it's no different than many of their other lines. Nothing makes money like Marvel. So they are very conservative with all their other lines. Look at the Avengers. That's the only line they really finished IMO. We got just about every character in that movie save for Agent Hill and they decided to do her now. Can't say the same for Terminator. One would assume the Endo skeleton would sale very well and probably be a good candidate for the diecast line but they haven't so much as teased that beyond the 1/4 scale figure and the one they released a long time ago. The Predator line wasn't ever finished. The extraction team was never completed. Lots of Pred fans thought for sure we'd see Wolf this year upgraded like several of the other recently upgraded preds but nothing so far. The same can be said for the Aliens line. Almost no upgraded nothin for that franchise. We saw some stuff last year but no POs yet and it's been more than a year now.

Take Terminator Genysis; Who knows what makes it out of that line. The movie is making money but it might end up like amazing Spider man. And even that produced the next big leg warmer since Fatburn with Electro.

Like you said, HTs is heavily concentrated on mostly Disney properties, Marvel & Star Wars. So all other properties have and will see a level of neglect because of it.

You are right. This likely doesn't have a large fan base but my point is, compared to Marvel & Star Wars, what does? Up against those two juggernauts, it's all niche. Which would make '66 Bats a boutique of a niche brand.

Last edited:
Your right it's hard to know without concrete sales numbers.

But you can infer some pretty solid conclusions based on the info we have.

I don't see why hot toys would produce a large number of these 66 line items in relation to other figures. They are not idiots and didn't grow to be one of the largest figure toy company's by being dumb. With no new/current media support and little to no Asian support ever I doubt they made as many as other lines.

We know that the figures did not sell out anywhere really. We know the interest level on this and other fan sites is way below others.

If you where doing market research and you visited Facebook and OS and here and saw figures announced or shown around the same time have 35 times the posts and views on average as this does that's a pretty damning piece of evidence. Yes it's not all the info and not all solid. But we know they have access to all this, and the actual production and sales figures, and this line is treading water at best I can't see anything that shows this line as a large fan base willing to spend the money on the figures. Despite some popular opinion to the contrary hot toys continues to support the lines that make money they sales. Look at resident evil. Terminator. Predator. Anything Arnold or Depp.

Star Wars in half the time the license has been held by hot toys as the 66 batman has just a few more figures out.

If this line had legs hot toys would support it. If they had no intention or where unwilling they wouldn't have bought the license. They wouldn't be trying to breathe life back into. Yes this isn't the best figure. Would it be better as collectors to have the joker or riddler or catwoman? Sure. But it appears that hot toys is worried that they would loose money if they did it. Other wise they would. So with a repaint essentially it's a lot less risk and time. The sculpt and outfit is already been approved by DC and the TV rights holders and costs them very little to produce. If they can't make a decent profit on this there's no way they continue the line. They probably would have scrapped it already had they not sunk money and time into the batmobile. Now they are trying to get the line some intrest with little cost to see if they can sell the car. If the that happened and it sold ok they may continue.

My point is there's just nothing that says this line has a large buying fan base.

The problem isn't that this is a rehash. The problem is that...well, it's a pointless rehash. What is it supposed to represent? No one here seems to have any idea, because his suit never appeared that way. You're right in that people want characters like Joker, Catwoman, Penguin, and Riddler; those are the kinds of characters I want, but I would be far less averse to this release if Hot Toys had enough insight to not give it away as a blatant cash-grab. The whole thing makes them seem so out of touch with the fanbase.

There are so many variants they could've done, that would actually be relevant. Surf's Up, for example. I can't think that a pair of swimming trunks and a surfboard would cost too much to produce. They could've done the irradiated cowl, and all that would require is a repaint of the pre-existing sculpt. They could've done a Ring around The Riddler boxing variant, with the yellow shorts and an alternate set of [boxing] gloved hands.

The difference between this and those? All of those actually appeared on the show. I've taken to calling this one "rerun Batman," in that the only things I feel it could be construed as reflecting accurately are the oversaturated, overly bright syndicated episodes that used to air on TV Land all the time.:lol

Last edited:
I can't think that a pair of swimming trunks and a surfboard would cost too much to produced. They could've done the irradiated cowl, and all that would require is a repaint of the pre-existing sculpt. They could've done a Ring around The Riddler boxing variant, with the yellow shorts and an alternate set of [boxing] gloved hands.

It is lazy, indeed. Your suggestions for possible variants are excellent, in both recognising the call for original series authenticity from collectors whilst acknowledging low budget production considerations.

Sure, I'd still grumble if I had to shell out another $200 for a 'new' '66 Bats with swimming trunks, but at least Hot Toys would have some degree of justification for the shameless double-dip. This 'Batman-lite' variant lacks even that...

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Batman 1960 TV Series: Batman Collectible Figure (Repaint)

If the sales of this determine if we get the batmobile or not then the slim hopes of getting the batmobile are gone

Back