1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Batman 1960 TV Series: Batman Collectible Figure (Recolored)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lamest sdcc ever

I wouldn't say lamest, but I would say that there were no really awesome surprises for me. Apart from this (which I'm still confused about) and BTTF II Marty (which I probably won't end up buying), there were no out of left field announcements like Marty, the Delorean, Ripley and BD RoboCop like there was last year. Leia and Boba are exciting but hardly unexpected.

This is such an odd release. Who was asking for this? Is this variant even based on anything specific? The opening animation perhaps? Will there be a similarly cartoon colored Robin? I have so many questions. Like others have said, this must be something they had to do just to keep the license. I can't see any other reason for this to exist.

So irritated that this is what they offered up for this line. Where are the villains and the damn Batmobile?

Pics I took yesterday.

7bf025c4e866ba526fde20d92f0b134a.jpg

c2a2b91a61577c69c738991ea5fdaec3.jpg

New cardboard backround included I'm sure. Mystery release. I will buy only after it gets clearanced

This is the dopiest variant I've ever seen. How hard would a pair of trunks and a surfboard have been to produce if they decided to finish or continue the license with another AW Bats? Schmucks.

Wonder if they'll use better (pick resistant) material for the bodysuit this time?

This is the dopiest variant I've ever seen. How hard would a pair of trunks and a surfboard have been to produce if they decided to finish or continue the license with another AW Bats? Schmucks.

I completely agree. I don't know of any diehard '66 Batman fans who want a variation that was never used in the show. Surfs Up, Pink Cowl, yes! Bright blue made up outfit, no way!

I completely agree. I don't know of any diehard '66 Batman fans who want a variation that was never used in the show. Surfs Up, Pink Cowl, yes! Bright blue made up outfit, no way!

I am a big 66 bats fan and will buy it. Someone said they may be going for the opening cartoon color and that was a great point. Am I disappointed no Romero Joker, yes, but I am a sucker for that 60's and 70's blue color bats. I want my f ing batmobile HT's.

is this line viable though? a repaint this soon doesn't bode well. particularly a repaint that surely nobody has any need for what so ever.

just doesn't make sense to me that they would have villains in the pipe line but show this with no mention of them?

is this line viable though?

I wonder about that myself. The onslaught in the past two years of '66 Batman merchandise has been absolutely staggering, so certainly at one point somebody thought it was a cash cow. But I honestly feel the collectibles market has reached '66 saturation at this point, and I'd be curious to know how the Blu/DVD release has sold (given it was the key plank underpinning this wave of merchandising).

I think hardcore '66 fans and collectors are loving it all, but those casually interested have likely dipped their toe in the line with the first HT Batman and Robin, and have little interest in this kind of variant. Indeed, the secondary market is still awash with those first figures (or Batman, at least), so it's not as if they are difficult to find at (or below) RRP.

MILK the cow and not even a cash-cow :slap not a smart move on HT's part

Where the f$5k is the '66 Batmobile HTs??????????????

Speaking of which I'm surprised this isn't a MILK exclusive :lol

Yeah, it does leave a bad taste in ones mouth. Of all the cheap variants they could do,

- Rocket (prison uniform)
- Starlord (prison uniform)
- Gamora (prison uniform)
- Mob Joker (Nicholson)
- Museum Joker (Nicholson)
- Robocop 2 (blue)
- Zod (black undersuit)
- Battle damaged Cathedral '89 Batman
- Cannibal Jack Sparrow
- MoS Superman black suit
- T-800 Cyberdyne/gas launcher
- T-800 Punk/singed hair

No a figure with a telephone, cardboard and some baby blue.

is this line viable though? a repaint this soon doesn't bode well. particularly a repaint that surely nobody has any need for what so ever.

just doesn't make sense to me that they would have villains in the pipe line but show this with no mention of them?

It would be viable if they just released the ****ing Batmobile and Romero Joker.

How long before we see a new repainted Robin with a richer red and brighter green along with the Shakespeare bust? C'mon Hot Toys.

image.jpg

Back