1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Batman 1960 TV Series: Batman Collectible Figure (Recolored)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Batman 1960 TV Series: Batman Collectible Figure (Repaint)

Just saw this at the show today. The backdrop looks awful in person, but the bright blue really pops. He's also holding a new gun, so it's annoying we didn't get his the first time around.

But honestly, why make this if the first one still doesn't sell?

Because they are trying to keep this license viable.

As for the idea or comment "well we could of gotten a figure from a completly different line instead"...that's not how it works. If they took a slot from this license for another that's it. No batmobile, no figures. Ever. They either think the license is viable or don't. If they do, then the best way to offset any risk in any new figures, or a vehicle, is to do a low cost large margin release that will offset the cost and lower sales.

Saying this is a money grab is baseless. They could of done a hundred other things if it's only about a money grab. If it was about wanting a cash grab they never would have got this license. Yes money is a factor. They have bills and wages to pay. But it's not the sole factor.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Batman 1960 TV Series: Batman Collectible Figure (Repaint)

I mean, could you imagine how excited people would be if they had a Mob Scene or Museum or First Appearance Joker on display? It's just such a weird release.

That would have been awesome.

Then again, are we even sure they still have the 1989 Batman and Jack Nicholson license?

:lol easiest pass ever

Color variant that he never even wears...

We Iron Man now.

11696014_1458032587825264_8620735000646781160_n.jpg

Absolutely loving this repaint, maybe it's because I'm so old [55 today], and if it helps keep the line alive so much the better.

I don't know. I know a lot of people are saying that "it was easy to make," but, in all honesty, I can think of better variants than this, even. It's just kind of...I don't know; it's cool, but it's nothing to write home about, thus far. I mean, could you imagine how excited people would be if they had a Mob Scene or Museum or First Appearance Joker on display? It's just such a weird release. It's not even bad, just weird, and that fact is compounded all the more when you realize that this is, apparently, the primary focus of their DC presence.

At the very least, a pink irradiated cowl, some surf shorts and a surf board. that would have been easier and probably less expensive since they would only have to re-color the cowl.

At the very least, a pink irradiated cowl, some surf shorts and a surf board. that would have been easier and probably less expensive since they would only have to re-color the cowl.

If HT ever made expansion packs, this would be a great set to start with.

As for the idea or comment "well we could of gotten a figure from a completly different line instead"...that's not how it works. If they took a slot from this license for another that's it. No batmobile, no figures. Ever. They either think the license is viable or don't. If they do, then the best way to offset any risk in any new figures, or a vehicle, is to do a low cost large margin release that will offset the cost and lower sales.

Saying this is a money grab is baseless. They could of done a hundred other things if it's only about a money grab. If it was about wanting a cash grab they never would have got this license. Yes money is a factor. They have bills and wages to pay. But it's not the sole factor.

I'll latch on to your opinion and use it to generate hope within myself that the Returns Batman / Bruce Wayne two-pack means Hot Toys hasn't lost interest in that license either and a Pfeiffer Catwoman will eventually happen.

I normally defend Hot Toys but this release is silly. It's basically entirely re-used with brighter blues and a couple new accessories. To me it comes off as a blatant cash grab because they have the license and know it didn't sell great, but there are enough fans who are big enough suckers to support this release.

That is super lame but hey, I suppose it bodes well for the batmobile and possibly some villains later on .

The biggest problem I have with this figure is they went with a variant that no one really wanted and really we aren't even sure what its supposed to represent. Had they re-used the first figure and done a surfs up Batman or boxing attire Batman they'd have been easy sells for me and a lot of other 66 fans. Even the irradiated cowl while not one I'd have wanted as much would have been a better choice. I don't have a problem with Hot Toys re-doing figures but this one was only recently done and now we get a new version that doesn't seem worth having. Probably the only people who will want this one are the hardcore fans or people who missed the first release.

They could have atleast changed the mouth plates. Thats what I hate. Kinda reminds me of the evil superman. £ Nice but la$y

Absolutely loving this repaint, maybe it's because I'm so old [55 today], and if it helps keep the line alive so much the better.

I thought I was old at 45 being on this forum. Happy birthday BTW.

This better be an Exclusive and not at more than 220...I will get this only if I get it at a big discount

They've been revealing a new Toy Fairs figure every 20 mins on Facebook. The red anime guy was just shown. Could Adam West Batman be next?

EDIT:

Never mind, just those 4. Guess this Batman is a regular release, so weird.

image.jpg

Last edited:

Nice post, Motuxmen. I sincerely hope you're right! :)

Then again, this 'variant' will still have to sell some units to keep the line viable (in your scenario). Given the muted (and outright negative) reactions so far, one wonders if this is at all possible...

Back