1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Batman 1960 TV Series: Batman Collectible Figure (Recolored)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think taking the plunge and releasing the Batmobile and the Joker would have helped sales. Lots of people were holding out on Batman and Robin for the Batmobile, and everyone always goes gaga over a Joker figure.

This, however, I don't know. This won't sell ****.

I'm glad I'm not the only one confused by this figure... I figured it was just a costume I was not familiar with :lol But nope, just random variant for no other reason than they can do it.

And a good chance it won't even be released.

They were both heavily discounted by Sideshow.

Yeah, they were not a good seller and like a lot of figures released by Hot Toys around that time ended up deeply discounted for a long time. I think I paid $300ish for the set new from Sideshow on one of their better deals. I'd love to see a Romero Joker, but I have a feeling Hot Toys won't take the risk on him.

I'm not so sure HT will even make this figure- as they do show stuff that never is released at shows..

As much as I want Maria Hill and might be getting Pepper. I'm sure an Yvonne Craig Batgirl would out sell both. At least I think so. But who knows what sort of numbers Hot Toys considers when making these figures.

This figure makes me sad and angry, and desperate for the Batmobile to be made. I never realized how badly I wanted that car made until now, because, I fear that, if it isn't, then this line is dead. I feel like HT are going to use this as a death sentence for the line.

They make a joke of a figure in the form of a ******** repaint that nobody wants, and then, when it, expectedly, doesn't sell, they use that as their excuse to bail on the whole license. I feel like, if by some miracle, though, the car gets made, and it proves to be a success, that might be enough to, at least, squeeze out a Joker or something.

this figure smacks of 'crap what are we going to do with all these left over west sculpts?'

i actually like the colors, but don't see any need of it in my collection. i can't support it and agree looks like the death knell of this line.

man i want that bat mobile though.

That's the biggest issue I have with it. It's not that it's an awful figure, but, like you said, there's no need for it, and these aren't $12 Mattel figures where people can afford to buy the gimmicky novelty figures.

Never know, the Batmobile could pop up for order randomly and the blue repaint could be completely scrapped.

With this and the demise of 66 batmobile. This line is dead imo.
No joker or riddler hmpf. HT got the hard approval or whatever is needed for Nicholson joker. So releasing this color version and no Romero or Gorshin....not good, not good.

I love how we always state our opinions like they are factual. In reality, we have no idea what Hot Toys is doing or going to do. And based off of the very limited interviews over the years, it would appear that they prefer it that way. Many of the interviews have stated dates ranges and figures that never came into fruition. But who knows, it might actually be made one day.

Again, we really don't know what their plans are. For all we know, the Batmobile already hit production and they are working out shipping...or it got moth balled...or it got pushed back...or it's delayed due to a production issue...or they lost interest...or collectors lost interest...or they over produced Bats & Robin so they are reevaluating the release of the car...or...

This figure makes me sad and angry, and desperate for the Batmobile to be made. I never realized how badly I wanted that car made until now, because, I fear that, if it isn't, then this line is dead. I feel like HT are going to use this as a death sentence for the line.

They make a joke of a figure in the form of a ******** repaint that nobody wants, and then, when it, expectedly, doesn't sell, they use that as their excuse to bail on the whole license. I feel like, if by some miracle, though, the car gets made, and it proves to be a success, that might be enough to, at least, squeeze out a Joker or something.

I know, this is ****ing ridiculous. If this figure is released no one will buy it and they'll put it down to the line not being profitable. Bollocks to that.

This better not be the guage HT's is using to see if there is demand for the batmobile or not. If it will be their excuse, that will be the biggest crock of crap I ever heard in my 43 years of life.

This better not be the guage HT's is using to see if there is demand for the batmobile or not. If it will be their excuse, that will be the biggest crock of crap I ever heard in my 43 years of life.

I'm almost sure it will be...

It`s either that or to make some desperate last profit from the line...

They won't make ****.

Plastic Enemies posted a pic of the '66 Batlogo last night, so, I'd say it's pretty likely that we see this either tonight or in the next few days. I'm still hoping they surprise us with...something; anything more than this, but I'm doubtful.

Plastic Enemies posted a pic of the '66 Batlogo last night, so, I'd say it's pretty likely that we see this either tonight or in the next few days. I'm still hoping they surprise us with...something; anything more than this, but I'm doubtful.

The batmobile would be nice. Especially if they included this color varient bats as a bundled freebee for us collectors waiting so long for it. Wishful thinking, but you never know.

So I take it no one's figured out the point of this figure yet? :lol

I finally broke down and ordered the original version today. Really looking forward to getting it this week. Although from what I've read the suit material is very delicate and prone to being torn. Is it really that bad?

Back