1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Batman 1960 TV Series: Batman Collectible Figure (Recolored)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Batman 1960 TV Series: Batman Collectible Figure (Repaint)

Oh this is supposed to be the cartoon opening, right? :confused:

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Batman 1960 TV Series: Batman Collectible Figure (Repaint)

Agreed - this is rather odd. A variant to milk the hardcore fans, one assumes.

On the other hand, it shows that Hot Toys are still behind the '66 line (so the Batmobile may not just be a pipe dream). :pray:

Agreed - this is rather odd. A variant to milk the hardcore fans, one assumes.

On the other hand, it shows that Hot Toys are still behind the '66 line (so the Batmobile may not just be a pipe dream). :pray:

I guess it depends on how you look at it. I, personally, see it as HT's way of "saying" they're behind the '66 line while not doing **** to support it.

I think this seems more like Hot Toys saying: we want to cash in on fanboys who want more from this line while doing as little as possible. This is hardly even worth a variant at all. Its pretty much the exact same figure with a brighter blue cape, gloves, cowl, trunks, and boots. Its a lot like the Evil Superman exclusive we got recently. The only thing about this figure I want is the Batphone but no way will I double dip just for that. Might see if I can get one parted out sometime.

The '66 Batman variant nobody's expecting. I always thought it would be the Surf's up version.

Just saw this at the show today. The backdrop looks awful in person, but the bright blue really pops. He's also holding a new gun, so it's annoying we didn't get his the first time around.

But honestly, why make this if the first one still doesn't sell?

I think what I dislike most about this is that there's so much potential for alternate accessories with this license, and they, instead, opted for the Batphone, one new gadget, the cheap backdrop, and some brighter colors. I'd be way more interested if, like I said earlier, he included stuff like the irradiated cowl, surf's up attire (board and shorts), and boxing attire, but it's just such a minimal difference. If I found as good a deal as I did with the first one, it'd still be a huge maybe, but it'd be a maybe, nonetheless, but, to just have, essentially, two new accessories, I'd probably be better off getting them parted out.

The way everything's being handled, though; I see this selling worse than the first release, because there's no scenario where this isn't the odd man out. No Batmobile, so, this can't just be the "hero" figure on the shelf, while the dynamic duo is in the car, no villains, so, there's nothing to do that way. Basically, any first time owners wind up with two Batmen and one Robin, which would just be weird.

But honestly, why make this if the first one still doesn't sell?

Can I ask where folks are getting the information that the '66 Batman and Robin didn't sell?

I certainly still see many on Ebay, but although they're not dropping below original retail price they're certainly not attaining the collector status (and value) of, say, the 1989 Keaton Batman.

I'm not dropping another dime on the 66 series until I know if they are still making the 66 Batmobile.

Same. No Batmobile or Romero Joker, I no longer have interest.

They were both heavily discounted by Sideshow.

I see. But one could suggest that the pending '66 Batman and Robin Tweeterhead maquette dioramas might also have informed the decision to discount the HT figures somewhat - roughly same price point, same line, same audience, etc. Perhaps?

Indeed, the maquettes indicate that Sideshow believes there's still money in '66 collectibles, even if (to my eyes) the maquettes are far less impressive than the HT figures.

Looks like they did the Adam West Batman with the comic book colors

Probably is related to the justice league cartoon. He did the voice of batman on later episodes. Not the earlier ones I watched in the 70's. Or to coincide with their new 66 batman animated movie. Probably the latter I bet. I will buy him regardless. I watched the show on reruns in the 70's and fell in love with batman then and there. Going for this look.

batman-robin-bat-mite-610x319.jpg

I feel like Hot Toys had to sign a deal to make a minimum of 3 figures from this license.

Since the first 2 didn't sell as well as expected, they're like "**** it" just re-release the first one, change it a little and fullfill the contract. Done.

Some recording artists do this too... they release one new song, slap on some unused old songs, and come out with a Greatest Hits album to complete their contract obligation before signing on to another record label.

I feel like Hot Toys had to sign a deal to make a minimum of 3 figures from this license.

Since the first 2 didn't sell as well as expected, they're like "**** it" just re-release the first one, change it a little and fullfill the contract. Done.

Some recording artists do this too... they release one new song, slap on some unused old songs, and come out with a Greatest Hits album to complete their contract obligation before signing on to another record label.

But a Romero joker would have sold like mad. Puzzling decision none the less.

It could be anything. Fact is no one knows how these things really work and what Hot Toys does behind closed doors.

Because this release is super strange and ANY other character from this line would make more sense. Doing a repaint of Batman that supposedly didn't sell well in the first place is an odd decision.

I like the colour palette actually, it's akin to the above mentioned cartoons etc as affatori points out, but yeah.

I still want the actual TV figures, don't have'em yet.

Honestly, I'm dying to see the specs and pics, as I really want to see how the hell they're going to market this thing. I don't think I've ever seen him look that blue on screen, so, I really am curious how they're going to do it. "Hot Toys is proud to announce the limited edition 1966 Batman TV version. This special color variant perfectly captures the bright knight, in his full, 480p glory, just as he appeared in oversaturated TV Land re-runs on your poorly calibrated '90s TV. Capture the nostalgia with this special release!"

I'll tell you what would make this a must buy, though: if they pulled a Returns and made a two-pack available with a West Bruce Wayne. Special accessories could be the Shakespeare bust and a glass dome for the phone.

I don't know. I know a lot of people are saying that "it was easy to make," but, in all honesty, I can think of better variants than this, even. It's just kind of...I don't know; it's cool, but it's nothing to write home about, thus far. I mean, could you imagine how excited people would be if they had a Mob Scene or Museum or First Appearance Joker on display? It's just such a weird release. It's not even bad, just weird, and that fact is compounded all the more when you realize that this is, apparently, the primary focus of their DC presence.

Looks cool. But to me it seems like a waste of resources. How bout another character from this line instead. We already have a Adam West batman

Repaints/reuse is never a waste for the company. It's how they stay in business. The only way to get any other figures out for this license is to produce a low cost figure. That way they can minimize the risk. This is actually a MASSIVLY good sign for the license. It shows a desire to continue it from hot toys.

They reached Hasbro/Mattel territory with this one.

Toy Fairs Begins, Evil Superman from Superman III and Bank Robber Joker were bad, but this is a hell of a lot worse.

Back