1/6 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Avengers: AoU - Ultimate Ultron

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brainiac

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ultimate Ultron discussion thread. Will be updated with official pictures when they are released
aaaaaa.jpg

Am I the only one that dislikes his facial design? Looks a bit diva-ish and not at all threatening. Reminds me of an old-school comic character that I've never liked, but can't put my finger on it (think it was an old French comic strip)... Anyway, this, like Prime, in a no-buy for me. Sure hope a classic design Ultron shows up at some point. Can't believe how they effed-up the his mug. The look from the very first teaser was gold. :monkey2

Am I the only one that dislikes his facial design? Looks a bit diva-ish and not at all threatening. Reminds me of an old-school comic character that I've never liked, but can't put my finger on it (think it was an old French comic strip)... Anyway, this, like Prime, in a no-buy for me. Sure hope a classic design Ultron shows up at some point. Can't believe how they effed-up the his mug. The look from the very first teaser was gold. :monkey2

kinda looks like he's whistling or pouting :lol

It's like a five second clip from a very low angle shot, so not exactly the best indicator of how he's gonna look upfront...

Also re-posting this for the third time just for reference:

So I did some comparisons and tried to tell apart which are the "new" armor pieces on Ultimate Ultron. While it's perfectly possible that it's an entirely new body in-universe, I've highlighted in red the new major parts they've added to create Ultimate Ultron's form compared to Ultron Prime.

Crude lines I know, but it's just for quick reference for those who are wondering:
MqhdSyx.png

Beyond those, the parts I left out are mostly the same as Ultron Prime (even pattern-wise). Going off of that, it almost looks like he's literally wearing armor on top of his original form.

May as well do a sentry thread at this rate, seems just as popular as the other forms...

Personally, I think less threads is better, this section is getting cluttered and the non-standard naming of threads is beginning to bug me

May as well do a sentry thread at this rate, seems just as popular as the other forms...

Personally, I think less threads is better, this section is getting cluttered and the non-standard naming of threads is beginning to bug me
Actually I was wondering about this.... are we actually allowed to create threads based purely on speculation???

I know that people didn't like seeing the discussion about Mk 43 and Ultimate Ultron being put in the Mk 42 and Ultron Prime threads, but shouldn't we just move the discussion in the general AOU thread instead of continuously making threads for what are essentially unannounced figures? :dunno

the lack of the 1/6 prefix bugs me

If this is indeed the "Ultimate" version, it looks to me like an armored up Prime and not a completely new form. Those armor parts could've just easily popped up or morphed into place to cover all the cavities and form a helmet. So we'll get a non-armored (Prime) and an armored (Ultimate) version of the toy. That's my guess anyway.

I somewhat agree that there is little to no uniformity about this forum... That being said, there would be threads for this eventually anyway, so I don't see why it matters if they're made now, keeps other threads from going too far off topic.

If this is indeed the "Ultimate" version, it looks to me like an armored up Prime and not a completely new form. Those armor parts could've just easily popped up or morphed into place to cover all the cavities and form a helmet. So we'll get a non-armored (Prime) and an armored (Ultimate) version of the toy. That's my guess anyway.
I was making a joke with my sibling about how Ultron Prime is essentially Tony "The Mechanic" Stark while he suits up into his IM suit for the finale which is basically Ultimate Ultron. That being said, Ultron Prime is gonna be one badass "Mechanic" if he can take on a number of the Avengers without even wearing his full suit. :lol

I'm really interested to see the full reveal of Ultimate Ultron. I wonder how many people will cancel their orders of Ultron Prime and pick up UU instead. Depending on how he looks that is exactly what I might do, especially if UU looks closer to the comic book version of Ultron (fingers crossed on that one).

I'm most definitely keeping my order for Ultron Prime. Given that it seems like it will get the most screentime, I can see it more as Ultron's default movie design. It may not be "final form", but I think Ultron Prime looks really badass in all the clips we've seen so far, and if the trailers are any indication, it seems like he'll be spouting a lot of great lines in that form and I would love to have those moments represented/immortalized in figure form within my collection. :lecture

Now I pointed this out before, but strangely the proportions and design elements on this form almost reminds me of the old (and admittedly crappy) Marvel Legends figure of Ultron:
Ultron02.jpg

Just to point out the similarities, you'll find that both have a buffed-up chest, have really thick forearms, claws, and even similarly-shaped abdominal plates. Honestly, I wonder if it's a huge coincidence or if they actually got inspired by the toy when designing Ultimate Ultron...

I was making a joke with my sibling about how Ultron Prime is essentially Tony "The Mechanic" Stark while he suits up into his IM suit for the finale which is basically Ultimate Ultron. That being said, Ultron Prime is gonna be one badass "Mechanic" if he can take on a number of the Avengers without even wearing his full suit. :lol

That's certainly an interesting take. My impression is his Prime form is his scheming and manipulative state, using the twins and his drones to do his bidding. Ultimate is him getting his hands dirty/Battle Mode.

It's like a five second clip from a very low angle shot, so not exactly the best indicator of how he's gonna look upfront...
It's good enough to see it's not the open maw "classic" look. He has almost no mouth at all in that iteration. :lol

That's certainly an interesting take. My impression is his Prime form is his scheming and manipulative state, using the twins and his drones to do his bidding. Ultimate is him getting his hands dirty/Battle Mode.

Naw, Ultron Prime is the best he can make on his 2nd try using the tech available to him and Stark. He uses that suit while he searches for the vibranium, and Ultimate Ultron is the nearly indestructible version, possible just adding vibranium over his current form. Also since he never seems to have any visible damage, his armor can heal itself.

Which, I mea, yeah, badass.

Back