Hot Toys Obi-Wan Kenobi (The Clone Wars)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are a few things I have where its like "I bought this when I have a huge mancave (Basement), it might sit in its box for the next 5 years, but I'll be glad I have this when I do."
This is usually my line of thinking as well, especially for my larger scale statues. Sometimes its just tough to hold onto so much for so long though, at least for me. But the hope is still there to eventually have some sort of display room/mancave in the future.
While some stuff I look at and I'm like...why did I buy this again?
heh, this sounds like me more often than not lately :lol

Last edited:
This is usually my line of thinking as well, especially for my larger scale statues. Sometimes its just tough to hold onto so much for so long though, at least for me. But the hope is still there to hopefully have some sort of display room/mancave in the future.

heh, this sounds like me more often than not lately :lol

I have the MYC Tie just sitting in a box, no where to put it, and if I get any other MYC studio replicas, they'll sit in the box as well. I have a few SW PF from Sideshow I'll never sell but just sitting in the box lol. Collecting can be a bit frustrating, you have an idea and plan in your head but you don't have the space.

I also had a Kratos statue that I don't need so I just sold it. Now going through some Mythos and a few other statues that I know I don't need or want anymore.

And I see that Mace Windu PF just revealed and I'm like...I need that, Mace collectibles are few and far between.

I have the MYC Tie just sitting in a box, no where to put it, and if I get any other MYC studio replicas, they'll sit in the box as well. I have a few SW PF from Sideshow I'll never sell but just sitting in the box lol. Collecting can be a bit frustrating, you have an idea and plan in your head but you don't have the space.

I also had a Kratos statue that I don't need so I just sold it. Now going through some Mythos and a few other statues that I know I don't need or want anymore.

And I see that Mace Windu PF just revealed and I'm like...I need that, Mace collectibles are few and far between.
Yup 100% agree with all your points!

To get back on topic of this Obi-wan, I stumbled upon these pics from the darkside event. Got these from One6th Lovers on IG, but I don’t think they’re the original photographer. Unless this is just the photo quality, this appears to be a production piece based on how much softer the headsculpt looks compared to the proto.

IMG_2329.jpeg

IMG_2330.jpeg

IMG_2331.jpeg

IMG_2332.jpeg

Looks pretty close to the proto which is good. That said, maybe it's just the photos but once again, lots of detail/skin texture appears to have been lost on the production headsculpt unfortunately. One would think HT would be have the manufacturing capabilities at this point to keep the hi-res textures of the prototype sculpts into production.

What is it with Hot Toys and only making one lip on Ewan figures. Put the ROTS figure and this new one side by side and you'd have a collective of two lips.

Still, it's nice to see that this one doesn't have that weird lower lip the ROTS one does. Always hated the way it looked like the tongue is bubbling above his chin in that one.

Looks pretty close to the proto which is good. That said, maybe it's just the photos but once again, lots of detail/skin texture appears to have been lost on the production headsculpt unfortunately. One would think HT would be have the manufacturing capabilities at this point to keep the hi-res textures of the prototype sculpts into production.
I don’t mind the muting of the skin textures as the prototypes tend to be over texturized (likely to account for the production softening).

I agree that they have a weird way of capturing Kenobi’s upper lip with that weird mustache lip they’ve done on all three Ewan Kenobis. Not awful but it does feel off on an otherwise good sculpt.

Love it, up there with my favorite looks of Star Wars. With all the delay emails, assuming we won't see him stateside for a bit.

The animated armor is annoying me just a bit though...
I know what you mean although it may be for different reasons. I like the animated armor but I wish we got clones to match. Non-consistency is my gripe.

Idk. To my eyes, HT has never once captured Ewan McGregor's likeness on a single Obi-Wan figure they've made. I find that very strange because I'm sure they are capable of sculpting it.

Unless they just don't care to because they know the figure will still sell regardless. I just find it very odd that they seemingly go out of their way to not do it.

Back