1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Ant-Man: Yellowjacket Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Watched the film again recently and I'm seriously considering saving up for this in place of the Ultron Mark I. There wasn't much to his character, but what little there was of Yellowjacket almost reminded me of a weird amalgam of Hank Pym's crazy side mixed with Ultron (what with the whole failed protege and "I saw too much of myself in you" angle they were going for).

Doesn't help that even Yellowjacket in the Ultimate comics was literally Ultron, not to mention how the movie suit looks like a literal yellow Ultron haha! :lol

Between the two, I would probably get this over Ultron Mk 1 also.

Yeah, I've been mainly collecting villains and it doesn't help that movie Yellowjacket feels like an alternative Ultron/evil Pym so I'm leaning more on getting him now. :lol

Yeah, I've been mainly collecting villains and it doesn't help that movie Yellowjacket feels like an alternative Ultron/evil Pym so I'm leaning more on getting him now. :lol

I think the design just looks super cool. I don't have any immediate plans on picking him up when he does get released, but I still hope that he does because the suit is too cool to not have a figure made of him.

I think the design just looks super cool. I don't have any immediate plans on picking him up when he does get released, but I still hope that he does because the suit is too cool to not have a figure made of him.

I have no doubt he'd get released. I think he's just in the backburner because HT wants to capitalize on the CW hype first before going back and putting out Yellowjacket.

I always found it interesting how Yellowjacket's character is essentially a combination of Hank Pym and Ultron. Heck, Yellowjacket isn't even just a random title, it was basically one of Hank Pym's most significant superhero name changes since he adopted that persona when he was going through his crazy inferiority issues (which led to the "wife-beating" scene that he was infamous for). Even in the Ultimates comics, Ultron is literally a series of androids dressed in the Yellowjacket suit. It really wouldn't surprise me if the filmmakers had this in mind when they outlined Yellowjacket's character. He even has that "unwanted son" complex going on with Hank Pym in the film and like I said, the Yellowjacket helmet even looks like a black and yellow Ultron face.

It really adds this weird meta experience if you watch the movie with that in mind, especially since the Darren Cross in the comics is nothing like the one portrayed in the film. In hindsight, looking at the MCU versions of Yellowjacket and Ultron, it's almost like Ultron's character from the comics was divided up and made into two separate characters. Hell I know I've seen some people even claim that Yellowjacket was literally a better Ultron than MCU Ultron and I don't disagree at all given what we got in the film.

That's true. YJ kind of looked and actually kind of sounded like Ultron.

Like you stated, I have total faith this will indeed get released. If Drax can finally get released, then anything can. :lol

That's true. YJ kind of looked and actually kind of sounded like Ultron.

Like you stated, I have total faith this will indeed get released. If Drax can finally get released, then anything can. :lol
Yeah I checked other Marvel boards and I found that other Ant-Man fans came to very similar conclusions as I did. I just don't think they would have written Yellowjacket's dynamic with Hank and designed him the way they did if there wasn't a good reason for it. Heck, I noticed that Hank Pym fans were pretty happy because a lot of them treated Yellowjacket as an alternate movie version of Ultron.

Also in the Ultimate Marvel comics, Ultron was a super soldier robot that later gained sentience and assumed the Yellowjacket persona, which makes the connections feel even less coincidental with how they handled Yellowjacket in the film.

But yeah I think HT is just holding back from putting out pre-orders for now due to Civil War hype. Considering how they already released various small merchandise of Yellowjacket (Cosbaby, Artist Mix etc.), it would only make sense they'd release his actual 1/6 figure at some point.

Subbed! Love villains and Yellowjacket was a great one in the MCU. I'm betting that it will release (or PO) when Ant-Man and The Wasp teaser #1 comes out.

Probably before that... I believe they were having engineering issues with the mechanical arms, but I don't know any updates with that or if that was even true. It will probably be sometime this year since there are no likeness issues to be had and the proto seems pretty close to being finished.

It will probably be sometime this year since there are no likeness issues to be had and the proto seems pretty close to being finished.
Hopefully POs for it come out sooner. It's honestly one of my most favorite designs from the MCU alongside Ultron Prime.

In hindsight, Yellowjacket feeling like an alternative take on Ultron actually makes me more excited for this figure than any other announced so far. :panic:

When I first saw the design I was blown away. Since then it's just been a waiting game. A long, horrible waiting game.

YJ wasn't in the new catalog..

Yea he was. Besides those don't have everything in them

Half the figures out this year won't be in there

image.jpeg

Thanks for posting that catalog page again. I'd forgotten how striking his design really was. Looks great next to retro Ant-Man, too. Ant-Man's not really built for battle poses, but I'd love to museum-pose the two together.

Are you sure that's the new one? That came out this week? I definitely looked for him and didn't see him.

Edit: Nvm I'm an idiot. Just looked it up. Sorry!:slap

Last edited:
Back