1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Ant-Man: Yellowjacket Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one people are sharing this week is the copy average people can now get at secret base and such. It's the same one I posted pics of months ago. Back then it wasn't available to the general public. So it's in both. I just happen to have had it for months.

It's very rare that hot toys makes a complete prototype and not carry it over to production, if they are allowed. Like 1% of all prototypes fall into that category. So it's very rare. Yes, it does happen. But not often. A couple times a decade.

From what I had heard about YJ is that they had some engineering issues which caused him to slip intial schedule which then means there's no rush to get him done. Think Drax or batman returns. It's just about finding the time to correct any issues without adding many man hours to keep his cost down. YJ is one of my most anticipated figures. The film character was alright. But I love the suit design. It's amazing to me.

Wow that's awesome. Thanks for your knowledge. Makes me excited. Can I ask where you learn all this stuff? I always see you dropping knowledge in threads.

A lifetime of working in the licensed goods and movie field. My family owns a studio and most my immediate relatives are in one of main entertainment companies. Add that with making friends and contacts at all the jobs and places and that's how. I'm also a big fan so I tried to learn about the backstage stuff pretty young. Just got lucky to be born into where and when I was. Not anything special about me really. Lol

Wow that's so cool! I've been wondering for a while haha. Thanks for sharing your knowledge all over this forum. You're a great member!

Your welcome. Though there's a group of folks who strongly disagree with your sentiment. Lol

Honestly among the ones not yet up for PO, Yellowjacket is the one figure I'm most excited for. :panic:

I thought his role was pretty solid given the nature and scale of the film (no pun intended) and in the grand scheme of things, I just loved the meta writing behind his character and how he was practically a combination of crazy Hank Pym and Ultron. In hindsight, I feel kinda serviced with how Ultron and Yellowjacket in the MCU essentially depicted different aspects of Ultron from the comics.

I'd buy it even if he wasn't in the movie. This thing will just pop on the shelf. The color scheme, the tentacle things. He just looks nasty.

I too am eagerly anticipating this figure's release. I am certainly holding out hope that it will be released this year, but I know the chances are not likely.

wasn't this just shown once again in their catalogue?

I know that means nothing but I can see this popping up out of the blue sometime... there's no real tie-in for this anymore so it's simply a matter of when can HT squeeze this out from the conveyor belt between tie-in items like Rogue One Star Wars merch and Suicide Stuff.

I wonder if the demand for this will still be high? Even though the figure looked cool, it strikes me as being a figure that would have been an impulse PO and hot at around the time the film was released, being that it's fresh in everyone's mind. The longer it takes to come out with this, is it possible interest would wane after people already have their Ant-Man figures, other stuff gets released and people decide that their Ant-Man figure could survive on its own in favor of getting other stuff?

After Drax I figure that anything is possible. Besides Ant-Man quickly became an E ticket ride and not having such a great looking figure like YJ to accompany him would just be criminal.

Where are people getting the idea that there has to be a specific time table for releases?

Good question. But it's true that there really is not one. They try to get the releases as close to any "event" (theatrical release, dvd, awards ect) but it doesn't always happen. There's just way to many variables. On top of not having final say on about half the process (marvel has a lot of input or approvals)

If a figure slips intial production timeline then it can take years before its placed back into the Que. It's what happens with Drax, it's what happens with returns batman, it's what is going on with this, and the 66 batmobile.

Back