1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Rhino Collectible Figure (First Glimpse)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought Giamatti was the weakest part of an already bad film. Way too cornball (Probably what Webb wanted/directed him do). I'm sure they have bigger plans for him in the Sinister Six film but it's going to be more of the same screamed lines with a horrible Russian accent.

The film simply was not good, I wanted to like it. I tried lol.

I did too. And I'll admit that sometimes I convince myself that a bad movie isnt so bad. But in this case, there was no convincing needed as it flat out sucked. Still want the figures though. Ha.

Eh, the movie wasn't THAT bad, maybe average. Mind you that isn't really much of a praise from me either, as calling it "average" is exactly as it sounds; run-of-the-mill and fairly commonplace. Honestly thought that Electro and Harry (Goblin was terrible) were the highlights, with Spidey (not Peter, Spidey specifically) and Gwen being not too far behind as the only decent things about the film. Beyond that, the parents subplot was terrible and borderline inconsequential, Garfield's Peter Parker still feels awkward to me, lots of civilian moments dragged and of course the needless shoe-horning of Goblin and Rhino at the end. Which is a shame, because I personally enjoyed Jamie Foxx as Electro, hence why he's the only one I'll be getting should he get made.

1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Rhino Collectible Figure (First G...

I agree. I want a rhino figure as well as any spidey character but this movie made them not so appealing. Goblin figure might be cool but Harry's face not so much. Mech-Rhino is a no-no but Electro is a definite yes-yes.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Rhino Collectible Figure (First G...

I agree. I want a rhino figure as well as any spidey character but this movie made them not so appealing. Goblin figure might be cool but Harry's face not so much. Mech-Rhino is a no-no but Electro is a definite yes-yes.

I really liked DeHaan's performance as Harry (he was very charismatic in my eyes) but I really hated the way he looked as Goblin and the overall design/execution of the character looked so haphazard. Wish we didn't get the angry elf version and instead, got something in the half-open helmeted variety like in this fan art:
green_goblin_is_a_liittle_bit_insane_by_nebezial-d57twk9.jpg

seen the movie yesterday! I agree but maybe they didnt use the mask because they didnt want people think they were just re-hashing the costumes from the older movies
True and it's probably the reason they went with a mask-off appearance. Still, I feel like they could have designed some sort of half-open helmeted look that would've kept the Goblin spirit without coming across as a re-hash of Dafoe's Goblin but alas, we got what we got.

If that suit was meant for military applications (battlefield combat suit with healing capabilities), there's no way there wouldn't be a helmet. Now, it probably wouldn't have resembled a goblin but they could have done something to give a nod to the silhouette. Instead, Harry gets an injection, his teeth get all gnarly and his hair gets blown out and styled. Makes complete sense…IN BIZARRO LAND!

I was actually mad after watching this movie. I felt like I do after each Vikings loss on any given Sunday, just flat out dejected. It's a good thing I don't base my Hot Toys purchases on how much I like or dislike films. I think the character designs were all pretty solid, including Goblin from the neck down.

Imho, any 1/6 'Outbreak/Zombie' Goblin figure released, will make the New Goblin 1/6 figure look like a best seller.. with a very real possibility of being able to still buy it at retail in 2025...

Saw it in person tonight. Utterly and completely dwarfs Iron Monger. Totally blown away by it's size.

Not buying it, but dang that thing is massive.

Back