1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Amazing Spider-Man 2 - Rhino Collectible Figure (First Glimpse)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would hope so, he's literally the only one (both figure and character) that I'd be interested in getting a HT figure out of both ASM films so far. :lecture

I've seen folks making similar comparisons but honestly it never really crossed my mind, especially since ASM2's Electro felt like a huge mash-up of all the good things from other versions of the character (again, the bald and blue look from Ultimates comic, the biosuit/eel origin/tragic circumstance from Spectacular Spider-Man cartoon, and the floating energy-construct-body with a god-complex from the Spider-Man 2 PSX video game).

The time when Electro appeared to disintegrate, then reassembled himself (don't recall the exact scene) is when I was most reminded of Dr. Manhattan, as he did the same thing in Watchmen. That and both (movie) characters being bathed in an unearthly blue glow.

Well now this just makes me incredibly sad.

10330391_771733479516959_2715259383478732484_n.jpg

I hope they aren't in 3D, don't get me wrong Avatar 3D was great, but we don't need anymore 3D, its stupid gimmicky crap. They should just focus on getting everything in 4K.... its the future

I agree 3D is crap, but the last person on Earth who will stop using it is James THREE DEE Cameron, he's basically staked his entire career on being the torchbearer for it

Well now this just makes me incredibly sad.

10330391_771733479516959_2715259383478732484_n.jpg

That looks both cool and updated. It looks to be fan work or a spec concept piece. Sometimes it seems like freelancers come up with better ideas than the "geniuses" hired by the studios. Plus I'm guessing they were trying to think of what would sell toys and they also didn't want to obscure Giamatti too much which is always a danger when you hire a bigger name actor.

Hiring Giamatti was their first mistake. I like him as an actor but as Rhino? No way.

are you serious? 4k is a joke, it does nothing, even movies that have been shot in 4k have been mastered in 2k because there was no difference in quality between the two. 3D on the other hand, creates a whole different experience, it just depends if you like the experience, I love it and usually always choose to see 3D for the big spectacle films. But I understand for those that don't like it, some people it gives them headaches and there's no getting around that.

???

Maybe 4k is only for us nerds... but I can see a tremendous difference. I can almost not see the pixels on the screen on larger formats. It's also is much more luxurious to work on with PC.

3D gives me a headache and tints the picture because of the damn shades.

I watched the movie tonight , what the Hell is hot toys thinking ??? Making a rhino? WtF!!!! Am I The only one who expected a Electro figure ? With his dark blue suit and maybe a transparent blue head that has detailed veins and lights up??? That doesn't seem to hard to make , yet played a huge role in the movie ... but hot toys makes a rhino?????? So so so so disappointed and please if you agree with me write a comment or something because hot toys needs to know what was expected from this movie and what we wanted. I'm passing on rhino and I doNo care if it was a figure that jumped by more than 100% in value because I think it's a waste of a figure

There will be angry fans if you want baddies from this movie. In this interview with Hot Toys, Malasyia Figure Company asks how many figure HT will make from ASM2. Their response? 2 or 3

That means Rhino is released and doesn't join Xavier in the made but never released bin, we may not see Electro and/or Goblin

1491677_709862022409124_1526143122230173301_n.jpg

Attachments

• 10175973_709862029075790_3445195702426304597_n.jpg
    10175973_709862029075790_3445195702426304597_n.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 273
I hope we at least get Electro but I would like if we got Goblin too. I think Rhino shouldn't be released as a figure. If we can get all 3 I'll be happy.

Or any popular WWF wrestler type because it appeals to another segment of the base. I haven't seen the movie yet, but did not understand the Giamatti casting on either side. Maybe he wanted to do it for the fun of it, and some kind of guarantee he wouldn't be obscured by a suit. But I don't see how his name is going to get any more butts in seats. Anyway who knows on some of these casting and art direction decisions.

Of all villains that should at least deserve the figure treatment, Electro gets my pick. With the Sinister Six film looming over, chances are we'll see more of Rhino and Harry anyway, so it's downright puzzling if they ignore Electro.

Back