1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 306 - Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I belong to several, so I’m honestly not sure which one it was, but I can tell you that the seller was Tony Huang at Kimibox Pop Culture Toys and Collectibles (I’m sure he won’t mind the plug) for $275 which I thought was fair for a Figure that’s getting hard to find.

CA1FDF714A89403C92B1.jpeg

After months...maybe even years of searching for a brand-new, unopened AOU Thor that comes with the HT brown shipper at a reasonable price, I finally was able to find one from a legitimate seller! Can't wait! :yess:

Now, hopefully mine won't have weak ankles. Fingers crossed!

I can only see a faint glow in the disc at the top, nothing else lights up at all.

I got mine yesterday supposedly "brand new" and the hammer also has a very faint glow at the top. Nothing like the tesseract glow like those pictures posted earlier. It could just be the batteries but i'll have to try those later when I get new ones.

After months...maybe even years of searching for a brand-new, unopened AOU Thor that comes with the HT brown shipper at a reasonable price, I finally was able to find one from a legitimate seller! Can't wait! :yess:

Now, hopefully mine won't have weak ankles. Fingers crossed!

They all have weak ankles, it's just a Thor thing

Well my AOU was delivered last Saturday but I won’t be able to check it out until this coming Sunday. Hopefully no weak ankles for me!

I think it's the overall weight distribution on the figure. Most of it is on top - the armor & cape + the hammer on the side. It tilts the figure. I made a M33 body swap and he tilts as well, need to have him on the stand all the time.

So finally got to mess around with AOU Thor. Since Gladiator Thor is my first Thor, the one thing that really stood out to me is how tan the AOU Thor is.

I dunno if hearing The Keyboard Warriors mention that Caucasian skin tones are tanner than they should be got to me, but I gotta say comparing Gladiator Thor and AOU Thor, the difference in skin color is night and day!

I'm glad HT finally figured out how to do white people skin. :lol

Overall, a solid figure and I'm glad I have a definitive version of Thor with long hair since the AOU one is likely the last one that will ever have that hairstyle. Also, like everyone else the ankles are weak on mine as well. Oh well...at least it's not as terrible as I had expected it to be.

As I was feeling bored on my sick leave I decided to start my own YT channel - yay!

Here's the first video - my custom AoU Thor. Essentially what I consider a quintessential MCU Thor.

As this is my first video ever all feedback will be much appreciated :)

Enjoy!

Hi skyler2072, that looks awesome. Do you mind telling me how you are able to do that? I also bought a pair of the armored arms from IW Thor and could not figure out how I can safely install it into the AOU Thor.

I got this today and I'm pretty happy with it. I did go in a different direction by using knee armor, leg armor, and belt. I also used an extra Thor hammer and went with a TBL head. *The armor that came with this is actually metal and quite heavy.
Enjoy the picture.

DSC06449 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC06448 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC06447 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC06446 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC06445 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC06444 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

I got this today and I'm pretty happy with it. I did go in a different direction by using knee armor, leg armor, and belt. I also used an extra Thor hammer and went with a TBL head. *The armor that came with this is actually metal and quite heavy.
Enjoy the picture.

DSC06449 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC06448 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC06447 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC06446 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC06445 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC06444 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Very cool. Glad u posted those. Can't seem to find any reviews.

I purchased the Jarnborn axe loose on ebay for $11. Was surprised to see it parted out on Ebay before even seeing it was released. But it's gonna take like a month before I get as it's free epacket shipping from China.

How is Jarnborn? Is it a good size or a little small? I figured if it's a little off or looks a little plasticky I'd give it to my 12" ML Thor rather than to one of my HT Thor figures. Could you possibly post a pic of Thor holding it?

Thanks.. :duff

Very cool. Glad u posted those. Can't seem to find any reviews.

I purchased the Jarnborn axe loose on ebay for $11. Was surprised to see it parted out on Ebay before even seeing it was released. But it's gonna take like a month before I get as it's free epacket shipping from China.

How is Jarnborn? Is it a good size or a little small? I figured if it's a little off or looks a little plasticky I'd give it to my 12" ML Thor rather than to one of my HT Thor figures. Could you possibly post a pic of Thor holding it?

Thanks.. :duff

Thanks my friend. I custom made my axe from the Titan FX Thor axe head. I used the handle from an old marvel legends terrax.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hasbro-Mar...363028?hash=item4694745694:g:EUEAAOSwwmBcxgSV

I was never a fan off the Groot arm handle. It is bigger and looks more accurate to me.

DSC09902 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC06085 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC09903 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

That does look cool, like how you customized it.

But I meant the Jarnbjorn Axe your lady Thor set came with. Isn't that the Jane Foster Thor from the ACPLAY ATX042 Lightning Warrior set? This set

20190505_205937.jpg

This is the Axe it comes with.

20190501_111605.jpg

My question was about that axe, but it looks like your Lady Thor is different. I guess it's a custom you made. Good job on her.

That does look cool, like how you customized it.

But I meant the Jarnbjorn Axe your lady Thor set came with. Isn't that the Jane Foster Thor from the ACPLAY ATX042 Lightning Warrior set? This set

View attachment 452728

This is the Axe it comes with.

View attachment 452729

My question was about that axe, but it looks like your Lady Thor is different. I guess it's a custom you made. Good job on her.

Sorry about that. Yes I have that axe and it fits with the figure size wise, but it is quite heavy and hard for the figure to keep it in a good position. It keeps twisting and dropping down. There is no way she could ever hold it over her head and stay upright. Holding it in a down position like she is pictured is pretty much the only pose and that will take some futzing with.

I also did add some parts to mine. See original post.

Back