1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 306 - Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do the arms on this figure hold up? I'm thinking of getting the Ragnarok version, but I'd like to know if this is a "don't leave them bent" scenario.

I was able to pick one up from an awesome, local seller on eBay. Love the figure!
His ankles are a tad loose and wobbly. Is there a decent fix or is it using some superglue?
Any help would be appreciated.
Excuse the phone pic, but I unboxed him at work.
826cd50137c57da462a2bb2c8c1ae0da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was able to pick one up from an awesome, local seller on eBay. Love the figure!
His ankles are a tad loose and wobbly. Is there a decent fix or is it using some superglue?
Any help would be appreciated.
Excuse the phone pic, but I unboxed him at work.
826cd50137c57da462a2bb2c8c1ae0da.jpg

For my dark world Thor I took a small piece of blue masking tape and covered the head of the peg where it clicks into the foot joint. It gave enough mass to fill the pocket and made it more snug. Plus it’s nothing that will completely alter the figure so it solves both problems.

For my dark world Thor I took a small piece of blue masking tape and covered the head of the peg where it clicks into the foot joint. It gave enough mass to fill the pocket and made it more snug. Plus it’s nothing that will completely alter the figure so it solves both problems.

Thanks. I’ll give that a go.

How do the arms on this figure hold up? I'm thinking of getting the Ragnarok version, but I'd like to know if this is a "don't leave them bent" scenario.

I personally think all seamless arms are a "don't leave them bent" scenario.

A slight bend I would imagine is fine, but I wouldn't do something at a 90 degree angle.

My AOU Thor also have weak ankles, too! I fixed them by applying masking tape to both ends of the double ball joint. Now it seems a bit more stable than before.

My AOU Thor also have weak ankles, too! I fixed them by applying masking tape to both ends of the double ball joint. Now it seems a bit more stable than before.

Good!! Yeah it’s a good trick that doesn’t leave anything permanent to the figure. I actually replaced my DWT ankles with the arkham city batman pegs to make him taller then al the other avengers. Really likes the way it came out, thinking about adding a little bit of foam around his calves to make the shin guards a little more snug on the leg.

RISE dead thread, ARISE!

So I’ve gone back and forth over a Thor figure for years. I’ve warmed up to the character especially since Ragnarok, and feel like he’s a core Avenger I want to display.

I prefer the armoured arms and expressive sculpt of DW, but this one seems to have slightly better paint, the more traditional silver discs, and blonder hair.

Still waffling because those arms really aren’t posable; that said I tend towards bus stop stances on the shelf.

I think the overall consensus is that either of these are good figures, so now I just need to stop waffling....

***waffles some more***

After watching a comparison video recently, the AOU Thor looks like the much better figure to me over the Dark World version with it's open mouth. And I also prefer the darker red cape on the AOU as well.

Ultimately though I decided to go for the Road Worn as my one Thor figure as it comes from one of the most fun and badass scenes with the character. And also because I kinda prefer the less gaudy and ornate armor.

After watching a comparison video recently, the AOU Thor looks like the much better figure to me over the Dark World version with it's open mouth. And I also prefer the darker red cape on the AOU as well.

Ultimately though I decided to go for the Road Worn as my one Thor figure as it comes from one of the most fun and badass scenes with the character. And also because I kinda prefer the less gaudy and ornate armor.

Unpopular opinion but I prefer AoU to TDW. The sculpt is more detailed, the figure seems better proportioned, and you get two hammers (for what it's worth). What TDW does have going for it as the sculpt lends itself much better for an action pose.. (the exact same problem I'm thinking I'll have with the Peter Parker head)

The Road Worn outfit is a little less MCU traditional in look, but I think the paint on the head is better (Hemsworth has never had a mere 5 o'clock shadow in the movies), and who can say no to a giant skull chained to the back?..

Unpopular opinion but I prefer AoU to TDW. The sculpt is more detailed, the figure seems better proportioned, and you get two hammers (for what it's worth). What TDW does have going for it as the sculpt lends itself much better for an action pose.. (the exact same problem I'm thinking I'll have with the Peter Parker head)

The Road Worn outfit is a little less MCU traditional in look, but I think the paint on the head is better (Hemsworth has never had a mere 5 o'clock shadow in the movies), and who can say no to a giant skull chained to the back?..

My only thor for a long time was the aou version, liked it did not love it, I also added height, the problem with that though was it made the cape to short in my eyes. so I will be getting the IW thor as it pays homage to ultimate thor, and the biggie for me is the sleeveless arms seem to be a new sculpt, never really liked how these looked.

Congrats! He's a very nice figure indeed. And great pic as well, as always.

However, he's definitely not worth $350. :lol

Back