1/6 Hot Toys - MMS 306 - Avengers: AoU - Thor Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_inline_oln16r4WXp1qkdogo_500.gif

:lol

Lmk if you want that $160 AoU Thor. If not, I'll take it. That's one good price.. lmao

The seller is also brand-new, who is based in Texas and only started their account last week, so they have a 0 score right now. Should I be suspicious that this seller might be a scammer? :panic:

I totally get that, but in my opinion better to be overly cautious than not. Like I said we can agree to disagree. :hi5:

Sounds to me like you already had your mind made up that you're going to be suspicious and worried that you're being scammed, regardless of anyone else's opinion that you asked for. :lol

Not a bad thing though; it's your money and you have a right to be worried about where you're sending it to.

Sounds to me like you already had your mind made up that you're going to be suspicious and worried that you're being scammed, regardless of anyone else's opinion that you asked for. :lol

Not a bad thing though; it's your money and you have a right to be worried about where you're sending it to.

Haha yeah, I was on the fence about it, but I ultimately decided that it was worth a gamble. I've never had to deal with eBay's customer protection/money back, however I'd imagine they would be more useful than not if I had to resort to involving them.

Hopefully it's a clean deal with a brand new seller and all is good! :)

So despite some of you giving me grief about being wary from ordering from an eBay seller who just created their account last week with a 0 score, my suspicions are beginning to be confirmed.

I paid almost immediately after winning the auction last Wednesday (08/23). From my experience buying on eBay for 3+ years, all sellers I have dealt with have shipped in 1-2 business days upon receiving payment.

With this particular "seller" (potential scammer), it's been 5 days now (or 3 business days) and the seller hasn't accepted payment and hasn't replied to a message I sent 2 days ago.

To the good people on this forum, what should I do? Should I continue to wait it out or should I request a refund? :gah:

So despite some of you giving me grief about being wary from ordering from an eBay seller who just created their account last week with a 0 score, my suspicions are beginning to be confirmed.

I paid almost immediately after winning the auction last Wednesday (08/23). From my experience buying on eBay for 3+ years, all sellers I have dealt with have shipped in 1-2 business days upon receiving payment.

With this particular "seller" (potential scammer), it's been 5 days now (or 3 business days) and the seller hasn't accepted payment and hasn't replied to a message I sent 2 days ago.

To the good people on this forum, what should I do? Should I continue to wait it out or should I request a refund? :gah:

Oh man. You still have a window, I think 60 days now?

You can wait for another week. If not, file the claim.

The guy is from Texas right? Its Hurricane Harvey over there so you have to keep that in mind.

Its not pretty in Texas right now so I hope you understand that.

If you dont, you can look up pictures of flooded homes etc and decide for yourself if you would personally risk your life to ship out a figure let alone any other issues you might encounter.

TheBatman makes a good point. Depends what part of Texas the seller lives in I suppose.

From what I remember regarding eBay policy, you can't open up a case in the resolution center until a few days after the expected delivery date. So, despite no communication and the seller not indicating that he/she has shipped, you have no play at this point until the expected delivery date has passed.

Good luck. I just experienced disappointment on the bay a week or so ago. Won a grail figure for a great price. Turned out my gut instinct was correct as well - it was too good to be true and the seller never shipped nor responded to my inquiries but did refund me. Worst case scenario, you'll get your money back. I wouldn't worry about that part. Hope it works out for you though.

I just experienced disappointment on the bay a week or so ago. Won a grail figure for a great price. Turned out my gut instinct was correct as well - it was too good to be true and the seller never shipped nor responded to my inquiries but did refund me.

Which grail? That sucks man. I only had that happen to me once. Never again.

Oh man. You still have a window, I think 60 days now?

You can wait for another week. If not, file the claim.

The guy is from Texas right? Its Hurricane Harvey over there so you have to keep that in mind.

Its not pretty in Texas right now so I hope you understand that.

If you dont, you can look up pictures of flooded homes etc and decide for yourself if you would personally risk your life to ship out a figure let alone any other issues you might encounter.

You raise a good point. I completely overlooked the terrible hurricane Texas is getting pounded by. I was more consumed with my First World problem... :slap

Anyways I did look up the city in Texas and it's right near Dallas, basically no where near the affected area of Hurricane Harvey, so scratch that off from the list of plausible reasons.

TheBatman makes a good point. Depends what part of Texas the seller lives in I suppose.

From what I remember regarding eBay policy, you can't open up a case in the resolution center until a few days after the expected delivery date. So, despite no communication and the seller not indicating that he/she has shipped, you have no play at this point until the expected delivery date has passed.

Good luck. I just experienced disappointment on the bay a week or so ago. Won a grail figure for a great price. Turned out my gut instinct was correct as well - it was too good to be true and the seller never shipped nor responded to my inquiries but did refund me. Worst case scenario, you'll get your money back. I wouldn't worry about that part. Hope it works out for you though.

My shipment receive by date is September 6, so yeah guess I'll need to put in a dispute then. Hopefully it won't need to come to that, but another potential issue is that I will be out of the country until September 18, so if it does come I won't be able to verify that the product is legit. :dunno

In the end, we just gotta trust our gut instincts. We'll see if mine turns out to be warranted or not though...

Also sorry to hear about your eBay woes. Which grail figure was it you were after?

Right. Also, there will be a lot of people displaced to Dallas. Not to mention, they might have family at Houston.

Point is, I think we need to relax and not make things up in our heads.

You get your money back as worse case scenario anyways.

Which grail? That sucks man. I only had that happen to me once. Never again.

Also sorry to hear about your eBay woes. Which grail figure was it you were after?

Won the Movie Promo Mk6 for just about $230 shipped, MSIB. Been on the lookout for over 2 years now so I couldn't believe I won the auction at that price. The seller had been continuously re-listing it as a Buy It Now for what's got to be months now. Guess he got fed up with it sitting so he switched it to an auction. My winning bid was barely over half of what he had been previously asking for :lol

He was a jerk about the whole thing but refunded me with no fuss. His rep took a huge hit (was 100%) as it appears he did that with all his recent buyers. He received 4 or 5 additional negative feedbacks the same day I gave mine.

Right. Also, there will be a lot of people displaced to Dallas. Not to mention, they might have family at Houston.

Point is, I think we need to relax and not make things up in our heads.

You get your money back as worse case scenario anyways.

Oh so forgot to post an update on my order...so my gut was right. It was a scam.

Seller never responded to any messages or shipped anything. I ended up just canceling payment. The "seller" had a negative review with another buyer having the identical experience as me. A few days later the scam account was gone.

So I was right from the beginning. And to think there were some of you defending the scammer at first!

Anyways the hunt for Thor continues!

Oh so forgot to post an update on my order...so my gut was right. It was a scam.

Seller never responded to any messages or shipped anything. I ended up just canceling payment. The "seller" had a negative review with another buyer having the identical experience as me. A few days later the scam account was gone.

So I was right from the beginning. And to think there were some of you defending the scammer at first!

Anyways the hunt for Thor continues!

We didn't know, in the beginning, he was a scammer.

Not sure why you look at things as black/white, win/lose situation.

Go get your money back from PayPal and try again.

Buying from a reliable source was part of my consideration in who I get it from on evil bay. I ended up picking it up from a source that has been mentioned as reliable on here many times. Of course, sometimes you never know with complete certainty until it lands on your inbox or doorstep...

People weren't defending the scammer, they were defending the fact that it was a new user. Even though your hunch turned out to be correct, you presumed it was a scammer on that fact alone. Legitimate sellers are new at some point and scammers aren't always new users.

Good luck on your continued hunt though!

After much vacillation (and some suddenly arriving funds), I finally took the plunge and ordered him. He will be my definitive Thor! Hope he arrives soon!

(Sorry to be super late to the game! But oh well...Better late than never, right?)

He has arrived and he is awesome! Never a big enough fan to get a Thor figure before, but now that I have one, all I can say is "Wow!"
The diecast mjolnir is super cool! The light up one is pretty awesome as well. The HS is incredible!
Putting the cape back in the box is a bit of a challenge! LOL! Love it!
My definitive long-hair Thor!! Woohoo!

(Sorry to be super late to the game! But oh well...Better late than never, right?)

He has arrived and he is awesome! Never a big enough fan to get a Thor figure before, but now that I have one, all I can say is "Wow!"
The diecast mjolnir is super cool! The light up one is pretty awesome as well. The HS is incredible!
Putting the cape back in the box is a bit of a challenge! LOL! Love it!
My definitive long-hair Thor!! Woohoo!

Congrats on getting one! I'm still on the hunt myself after the one I bought on eBay turned out to be a scam seller.

Back