1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez. Someone doesn't like a certain figure and therefore is considered a whiner.
Yeah, my expectations were probably a little higher, and well, this could have been my 17th HT figure.
I'm sure this will sell well and all, I just don like it. There.
Like I said, my loss is someone's gain.

Yeah, it's hard to have a discussion here when anyone going against the hive mind gets **** on for having a different opinion. For or what is worth though, I agree with you. This figure looks like a glorified Marvel Select toy. I hope to see something better next time. Also, you guys got came up with something better than the old, tired and dumb argument "Go buy a statue, derp!". We want a figure, we want articulation but we want to see it on a way that lives up to the title of a HIGH END COLLECTABLE.

Yeah, it's hard to have a discussion here when anyone going against the hive mind gets **** on for having a different opinion. For or what is worth though, I agree with you. This figure looks like a glorified Marvel Select toy. I hope to see something better next time.

so how would you do it better? pictures never do HT figures justice VS having them in hand...:dunno

Yeah, it's hard to have a discussion here when anyone going against the hive mind gets **** on for having a different opinion. For or what is worth though, I agree with you. This figure looks like a glorified Marvel Select toy. I hope to see something better next time. Also, you guys got came up with something better than the old, tired and dumb argument "Go buy a statue, derp!". We want a figure, we want articulation but we want to see it on a way that lives up to the title of a HIGH END COLLECTABLE.

You better mind your words, otherwise you'll be called a whiner and quite possibly a troll too. :)
It's just funny, I really don't get when people tell me "go buy a statue then". I'm not in the market for a Hulk statue, I'm in the market for a 1/6, $300 high end hulk collectible that I was more than happy to shell the money for.
This is the reason HT does what it does, people would just buy whatever they put out regardless of shortcomings. Another great example:"why not display your other HT figures without clothing, joints much? What the hell? Why on earth would I do that? I do own bane, and I think he looks badass with the coat on. Will I display it without it? Absolutely not, but then again he was not priced at $300.
How would you do it? is another question people ask.. Hell if I know, I'm not a sculptor. I'm just a very disappointed customer who is passing on this glorified $300 Kenner figure.

You better mind your words, otherwise you'll be called a whiner and quite possibly a troll too. :)
It's just funny, I really don't get when people tell me "go buy a statue then". I'm not in the market for a Hulk statue, I'm in the market for a 1/6, $300 high end hulk collectible that I was more than happy to shell the money for.
This is the reason HT does what it does, people would just buy whatever they put out regardless of shortcomings. Another great example:"why not display your other HT figures without clothing, joints much? What the hell? Why on earth would I do that? I do own bane, and I think he looks badass with the coat on. Will I display it without it? Absolutely not, but then again he was not priced at $300.
How would you do it? is another question people ask.. Hell if I know, I'm not a sculptor. I'm just a very disappointed customer who is passing on this glorified $300 Kenner figure.

So buy Hulk a dress and put it on him...:dunno

Given the trouble with cracking rubber of past figures, I'm surprised that the exposed joints on this figure would really bother people all that much.

Cracked areas at the joints is never a good look and exposed joints at areas of stress seems a good compromise. And as it has been said a million times over--there are some really nice statues out there if the exposed joint thing is that big a deal to you.

I'd also like to have a seamless Hulk figure. Why does even suggesting it bother peeps? :lol Wanting seamless doesn't necessarily mean I want a statue :slap

This HT Hulk figure looks really cool, & I'm happy I pre ordered mine before it was sold out, but a Hulk figure would "look" really impressive seamless. Limited articulation for a better look seems like an okay trade off. There's the jointed HT Hulk now for peeps who like joints, so why not try a seamless HT Hulk later? I mean, if an 'Avengers 2' Hulk is released, how different can it really be to this? Different sculpt? Different colour pants? More hands? :lol

A seamless body would reaaaaally make an 'Avengers 2' Hulk stand out from this version :D

I'd also like to have a seamless Hulk figure. Why does even suggesting it bother peeps? :lol Wanting seamless doesn't necessarily mean I want a statue :slap

This HT Hulk figure looks really cool, & I'm happy I pre ordered mine before it was sold out, but a Hulk figure would "look" really impressive seamless. Limited articulation for a better look seems like an okay trade off. There's the jointed HT Hulk now for peeps who like joints, so why not try a seamless HT Hulk later? I mean, if an 'Avengers 2' Hulk is released, how different can it really be to this? Different sculpt? Different colour pants? More hands? :lol

A seamless body would reaaaaally make an 'Avengers 2' Hulk stand out from this version :D

Another damn troll. Prepare.

The Youtube video link is here...enjoy!!
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XrPydXfxqs&feature=c4-overview&list=UULarRrvFygyvTzu8KOudF5w"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XrPydXfxqs&feature=c4-overview&list=UULarRrvFygyvTzu8KOudF5w[/ame]

I'd also like to have a seamless Hulk figure. Why does even suggesting it bother peeps?...
I don't think anyone's bothered by anyone expressing a desire for a seamless, articulated Hulk (though previous experience with seamless figures seems to be universally poor and it seems a lot of people question how feasible it is, esp @ this price point). It's more how it's expressed. Saying stuff like "Those horrible joints and the overall walmart toy look of this guy is something I just can't ignore, unlike most of you..." or "...If you like this Kmart figure so much get another one by all means!..." does come across to me like someone having a tantrum, that's all.

I don't think anyone's bothered by anyone expressing a desire for a seamless, articulated Hulk (though previous experience with seamless figures seems to be universally poor and it seems a lot of people question how feasible it is, esp @ this price point). It's more how it's expressed. Saying stuff like "Those horrible joints and the overall walmart toy look of this guy is something I just can't ignore, unlike most of you..." or "...If you like this Kmart figure so much get another one by all means!..." does come across to me like someone having a tantrum, that's all.

Bothered me too but i feel there is enough to work with........ a shredded white shirt could hide a lot

Back