1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay. I see the point there Invictus, & do agree that even now, there isn't really an excellent example of a seamless poseable body, that I can think of, available. Personally, I think I'd be okay with a Hulk that couldn't bend it's arms & legs past 90 degree's, & not ever raising the arms past certain points, as long as it was seamless.

Still an action figure, but reeeeeaaaaally limited :lol
Haha u r welcome and it shows how awesome the Hulk look like in hand...looking forward to the "other guy"!!
Please come with another Hulk sculpt "other guy".

Okay. I see the point there Invictus, & do agree that even now, there isn't really an excellent example of a seamless poseable body, that I can think of, available. Personally, I think I'd be okay with a Hulk that couldn't bend it's arms & legs past 90 degree's, & not ever raising the arms past certain points, as long as it was seamless.

Please come with another Hulk sculpt "other guy".

That might be the HT Bruce Banner exclusive for SDCC hahaha

Bothered me too but i feel there is enough to work with........ a shredded white shirt could hide a lot
I could see something like that working, too, if done right. Might look kinda cool.

Yep, I get what you're saying and probably for a future release I would be willing to trade off some articulation for a more seamless figure (like with SSC's Bossk, for instance, I'd have preferred no articulation at the wrists - don't think the trade-off in looks for posability is worth it). That said, though, I do think overall this is a really well done V1 Hulk, as long as one has reasonable expectations (and poses it with a mind to reducing the visibility of the joint lines).

Thing is if everyone holds off because they won't tolerate seams, then the figure tanks and HT never makes another. I like it but I also selfishly want it to do really well, so we do see V2/3 down the road. Every iteration will get better but I'm guessing V3 is like 6+ years away (supposing one is made), so for lots of fans this fills a big gap and is an acceptable compromise.

Is the wait list for Sideshow converting for this guy?
I'm thinking about jumping on it.
I jumped on it two days ago. Honestly, if you want the figure, it doesn't hurt to simply jump on the waitlist and have that option there for you.

This HT Hulk figure looks really cool, & I'm happy I pre ordered mine before it was sold out, but a Hulk figure would "look" really impressive seamless. Limited articulation for a better look seems like an okay trade off. There's the jointed HT Hulk now for peeps who like joints, so why not try a seamless HT Hulk later? I mean, if an 'Avengers 2' Hulk is released, how different can it really be to this? Different sculpt? Different colour pants? More hands? :lol

See, I feel total opposite, I hate sacrificing articulation. I always accept it begrudgingly because I know they have to find a balance between form and function. In fact one of the things that bugs the hell out of me, about the construction of this figure, is that Hulk has no upper shoulder swivel ability. So he can't cross his arms or hold a riffle convincingly or a guitar. Not that he would do any of those things, but just knowing he can't, actually bothers me.

And the idea of a seamless Hulk is certainly appealing. But I honestly don't like the look of those Phicen bodies, the way when you move their arms, they wrinkle up like they're wearing a space suit, when its suppose to be their skin. It would be nice if HT can perfect the technique, but I don't like paying to be a guinea pig for them. And don't mess around with a Grail figure like Hulk. Experiment on a lesser known character, where its ok if they screw it up. HT knew how important this character was, and played it safe.

See, I feel total opposite, I hate sacrificing articulation. I always accept it begrudgingly because I know they have to find a balance between form and function. In fact one of the things that bugs the hell out of me, about the construction of this figure, is that Hulk has no upper shoulder swivel ability. So he can't cross his arms or hold a riffle convincingly or a guitar. Not that he would do any of those things, but just knowing he can't, actually bothers me.

And the idea of a seamless Hulk is certainly appealing. But I honestly don't like the look of those Phicen bodies, the way when you move their arms, they wrinkle up like they're wearing a space suit, when its suppose to be their skin. It would be nice if HT can perfect the technique, but I don't like paying to be a guinea pig for them. And don't mess around with a Grail figure like Hulk. Experiment on a lesser known character, where its ok if they screw it up. HT knew how important this character was, and played it safe.

:exactly::goodpost:

I feel that way too! Always prefer more articulation even if it sometimes means more joints and what not. The hulk we get now is the best anyone could have come up with for that price and for it to be so cool and realistic.

Anyone that has on in hand....with his two hands...does he have GIANT wrist pegs that swap like other figures, or is he like older 1/6 figs with arm stumps?

1013379_10151435495526619_1802308292_n.jpg

Looks like The Hulk came out pretty good. In order to get decent articulation for a character like this you would either have to do what HT did or pray a bendy figure didn't break down (which it would). So if you want a Hulk with no seams a statue might be your best bet.

Back