1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

100%. rubber deteriorates after time. even pvc. and it depends which kind of pvc ht uses. if its the poor kind then fast and toxic too.

Not true. I have classic Star Wars figures from 1980 which have been out of the package since then; the PVC hasn't changed in them at all. No smell, no stress fractures. People really seem to be in a panic about this, but if the arms really are PVC, they'll be fine for a very long time. Relax!

I haven't been this disappointed with a HT figure since the XO Kane and Ripley. Not with the likeness though, the HS looks great IMO, but that's about the only thing that does. Not to mention it only comes with 1 portrait. Definitely not worth the $300 price tag, and before anybody bothers to tell me "then don't buy it" I will let you know that I didn't order it for exactly those reasons, plus others.

Seriously....? Seriously?

I'll tell you what though...totaldominasian is a damned site smarter than anyone that seriously believes that a company like HT would put up pictures that are intended to make you want to buy the figure in question, where that figure is broken or damaged an any way.

Example....

"Right, I am assembling this figure. Now I have a left arm and that's fine. Strange, I have two right arms to use, one of them is OK, but one is broken....now then, which to use...which to use? I know I'll leave the good one in the box and use the broken one, because that's going to work just fine!"

I mean, to do that...just how stupid would you need to be? About as much as anyone who thinks that this is what's actually happened.

DGT it's too bad you can't think beyond your means and realize the main point of this discussion was me pointing out how your elbow does not generally have wrinkles when it is bent. Learn to read. :slap then you are allowed to speak.

Not true. I have classic Star Wars figures from 1980 which have been out of the package since then; the PVC hasn't changed in them at all. No smell, no stress fractures. People really seem to be in a panic about this, but if the arms really are PVC, they'll be fine for a very long time. Relax!

again, to point out, you simply can NOT compare one product with another. Rubber/PVC is not the same all around. Every company will make it differently. The base materials can be different. The amount of flexibility needed can be different. It's almost like saying I have a rubber band from 20 years ago that still stretches, so the Hulk figure should be fine. Please, get that out of your head. Past HTs figures with rubber bodies have proven to tear. It's a combination of usage and materials. They say they have changed it, but I still see lots of reports of tearing. The only way to prove otherwise is to buy one and see how it is a year from now, after minimal usage.

Re: Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers Hulk- official specs and pics

Oh no.. here we go again...

But that's alright. Since you weren't around for the earlier discussions, the elbow appears to be purposely "scored" to both relieve some tension at the joint and to add some realistic texture. It's not tearing as a result of bending.

again, when we have some other angled images, I will believe that. Right now, you are all just basing it on your opinion, which is fine. I want physical proof.

I hear the argument about body likeness and I understand the gripe. I like a near perfect likeness too. In fact it kills me when figures are all around the same height using the same bodies for different characters. It makes me want to adjust all of them so they are more accurately represented.

That being said, we should also take into account the source material that is sent to HT for sculpting. Movies go through a million changes before they are released. Sometimes right up until the day they are released and after. So maybe HT was sent reference material that looked more ripped and at the last minute the studio or director changed the look of the Hulk. It's not unheard of.

I'm not defending HT, although I think they did a great job on this, I'm just saying we should consider it when choosing our arguments.

while i won't agree with some if your other posts, this I agree with 100%. We don't know nor will we ever really know. Of course, they could also only have reference of the Hulk body in a flexed state as well. Or they could have just over-stylized it a bit. Many possible reasons.

Then he needs to be replaced. Sorry, I'm not trying to be a jerk, but really, at the end of the day I'm not buying a "highly detailed replica" because I want something stylized and inaccurate. The body needs work. I'm going to be a little b#$ch about this, but really, if you're companies written MO is accurate likeness then I want accurate likeness. The Hulk's body has a very specific look, and that's what I want. Does it look bad as is? No, but we shouldn't have to settle for less.

absolutely agree. yea I guess it comes down to semantics and your interpretation of the word "likeness" but HT has proven they have a ton of skill and can make items that look dam hear realistic. But then other times they makes facial sculpts that you can clearly see are just off. They really need an american artist to point out these mistakes. Obviously they are pumping out a lot of figures, and yea maybe they are under the gun, but they should 1) build in more work time or not take on licenses/characters that will be sub-par sellers, and 2) get a consultant early on in the sculpt process so they don't need to make last minute changes.

while i won't agree with some if your other posts, this I agree with 100%. We don't know nor will we ever really know. Of course, they could also only have reference of the Hulk body in a flexed state as well. Or they could have just over-stylized it a bit. Many possible reasons.

Yup. Precisely. I'm just saying don't blame HT for not getting the likeness of the body close because it may not be their fault. They could have been deep financially into this body sculpt and then gotten word or not that the body had changed.

Many, many possibilities. I like it and think its a good representation. I honestly don't want a flabby Hulk. He looked too fat in the movie. Like Andre the giant or something. :(

Yup. Precisely. I'm just saying don't blame HT for not getting the likeness of the body close because it may not be their fault. They could have been deep financially into this body sculpt and then gotten word or not that the body had changed.

Many, many possibilities. I like it and think its a good representation. I honestly don't want a flabby Hulk. He looked too fat in the movie. Like Andre the giant or something. :(

Yeah, there were some scenes were they made it clear he had a little something extra going on. I'm glad they didn't feel the need to replicate that slavishly.

Over the past few months I did think the the price would be way beyond the $300 mark so I was pleasently surprised that it came in just uner the $300 mark (depending on where you order from). What's done is done. We may aswell debate/argue about something else now.:lol

see I really don't like statements like that. Obviously many of us feel strongly about the lack of extras for Hulk. And many of those people just accept it as it is. But you shouldn't. Make a big stink about it. Post up repeatedly on their FB pages, forums, email them. Tell them what you want. They have shown that they listen in the past. But if you say nothing, then you shouldn't expect anything to get done.

again, to point out, you simply can NOT compare one product with another.

again, when we have some other angled images, I will believe that.

while i won't agree with some if your other posts, this I agree with 100%.

absolutely agree.

see I really don't like statements like that..

Multiquote baby! :rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDragon View Post
again, to point out, you simply can NOT compare one product with another.
Quote:
again, when we have some other angled images, I will believe that.
Quote:
while i won't agree with some if your other posts, this I agree with 100%.
Quote:
absolutely agree.
Quote:
see I really don't like statements like that..

Multiquote baby! :rock

requote!!!! lol (i'm too lazy to do it right haha)

Yeah, there were some scenes were they made it clear he had a little something extra going on. I'm glad they didn't feel the need to replicate that slavishly.

I like people who agree with me. Wanna be friends? "Friend Request Sent"

We all have our own opinions on how Hulk should look. Each of us grew up with different versions from a dozen artists. So it's safe to say we are all right about what we want.

But if you (A)see what HT has put out, (B)don't like it, and (C) have commented about it, you shouldn't waste your time posting on this thread.

I don't know. Just a suggestion. But if I don't like something I don't post on that thread. I have better things to do than have a virtual argument with someone. I have enough of that with my wife and kids. LOL.

I'm not saying differing opinions are not welcome but post after post of complaining just gets old. Especially when I get a message that says someone replied to a thread I'm subscribed to and there is no new news or pictures. Just more complaints.

Look, we are all passionate about our Collectables and especially Hulk. Otherwise we wouldn't be on here. So how about we agree to disagree and respect each others opinions...
Or not. :)

well that's the way the forums usually go isn't it?

teaser pic- excitement and questions about what and how the figure will turn out.

official specs- enjoying/not enjoying how the figure turned out, commenting on likes/dislikes, accurate not accurate etc.

preorder- price too high. (notice there's no too low. heh)

after po- continue as with official specs.

months and months later....

figure arrival- woah.

or

Boo.

then the pics and reviews (by the excellent photo skills of the forum members here. Maglor, Maulfaun, A-dev, OMG etc... too many to remember all.)

oh and sometimes the arguments get outta hand.

i do not get that. i'm happy when other people like a figure i find fault with and am happy when i like a figure others find fault with.
just accept opinions and enjoy the figures!!!

like all issues, it stems from money.
if we had enough, we would get every figure, even those that we find inaccurate.
i know i would.

cause it would be a sick display...

dreams...

well that's the way the forums usually go isn't it?

teaser pic- excitement and questions about what and how the figure will turn out.

official specs- enjoying/not enjoying how the figure turned out, commenting on likes/dislikes, accurate not accurate etc.

one member can't tolerate the negative comments so posts a complaining post about all the complaining

preorder- price too high. (notice there's no too low. heh)

after po- continue as with official specs.

months and months later....

figure arrival- woah.

or

Boo.

then the pics and reviews (by the excellent photo skills of the forum members here. Maglor, Maulfaun, A-dev, OMG etc... too many to remember all.)

:lecture Fixed

Back