1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- The Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys MMS 186- Avengers: Hulk- official specs and pics

I totally get this argument and I'm suprised that Marvel didn't have more to contribute as this is the definitive 1/6 and Hulk is a digital character. I like the human aspect but given the ease to which a digital representation (3D sculpt) could have been made for reference, I'm suprised it isn't more like the move... that said, its massive, and heavy, and awesome...

I agree completely.

Maybe HT doesn't accually shoot for perfection? Maybe they want to add a bit of ART to their interpretations. I would think it would be easier and cheaper to use computers. Who knows. :dunno

Last edited:

Hulk looks great. I'm not in need of the accuracy that some expect. So this works! PO'd.

Regardless if it's accurate to the screen version, it's still a 1/6 Hulk!!!!!
I do understand some people gripes about this subject, and I would be a little annoyed, but still......IT'S A 1/6 HULK!! I thought I would never see the day (Okay, an over exaggeration).
I'm just super concerned about the rubber arms (yes I know, we've heard that a million times now. Maybe I just say it again and again, with hopes Hot Toys actually switches them over to normal plastic).

Have I mentioned I love this figure? Have I also mentioned I'm getting this figure? Have I also mentioned I'm ignoring the nay Sayers and only reading posts of people who agree with me?

HULK SMAAAAAAAASH!!!!!!!!

ABSOLUTELY!!! :clap

No one has asked but...

Where does that clear rod go? :horror :medic

it's the rod rammed into his butt that makes him rage........... RAGEEEEE

edit: SOOOOO butt is ok, but r*e*c*t*u*m isn't... that's just weird

And it's only going to get more painful when he turns back into Banner. :horror

:horror:gah::lol

As for the sculpt and details. I'm VERY happy with them. Not 100 percent accurate but still VERY happy! Go HULK! :yess:

I just don't want a Hulk figure that will deteriorate with each passing year. I'm in this for the long haul.

I hear the argument about body likeness and I understand the gripe. I like a near perfect likeness too. In fact it kills me when figures are all around the same height using the same bodies for different characters. It makes me want to adjust all of them so they are more accurately represented.

That being said, we should also take into account the source material that is sent to HT for sculpting. Movies go through a million changes before they are released. Sometimes right up until the day they are released and after. So maybe HT was sent reference material that looked more ripped and at the last minute the studio or director changed the look of the Hulk. It's not unheard of.

I'm not defending HT, although I think they did a great job on this, I'm just saying we should consider it when choosing our arguments.

So the thing that is even more strange to me than the figure is how Sideshow can justify $300 +shipping? I mean good price and all, but with everyone else offering it cheaper, (a lot cheaper) I guess I don't understand the theoretical draw.

Nothing unique about this one Sideshow... competitive price is your only differentiator - and you don't have one. Sorry! I don't get it.

So the thing that is even more strange to me than the figure is how Sideshow can justify $300 +shipping? I mean good price and all, but with everyone else offering it cheaper, (a lot cheaper) I guess I don't understand the theoretical draw.

Nothing unique about this one Sideshow... competitive price is your only differentiator - and you don't have one. Sorry! I don't get it.

Don't buy from Sideshow then.:wink1:

how can anyone like this figure, there are gaps between his arm + feet and the body. And only way he can stand is by holding it up with a rod? the hulk?

figure collectors are definitely an interesting bunch...

/runs away

The only difference is that sideshow gets it first....

Agreed. I POed mine from the BBTS.

Oh no, I know, and I didn't. I POed from BBTS too. Just an observation is all - for the powers tha be out there that might come across this thread (or not). :archer

I POed from BBTS too....saves $$ since there is'nt and ex.

just saying sideshow...just saying:dunno

Re: Hot Toys 1/6 Avengers Hulk- official specs and pics

297563_10150984693827344_1149706831_n.jpg

Is that tearing right at the outside of the elbow? :lol

Is that tearing right at the outside of the elbow? :lol

Oh no.. here we go again...

But that's alright. Since you weren't around for the earlier discussions, the elbow appears to be purposely "scored" to both relieve some tension at the joint and to add some realistic texture. It's not tearing as a result of bending.

Oh no.. here we go again...

But that's alright. Since you weren't around for the earlier discussions, the elbow appears to be purposely "scored" to both relieve some tension at the joint and to add some realistic texture. It's not tearing as a result of bending.

Thanks for the feedback.
I was just joking of course, but whatever it is, it doesn't look right.

I POed from BBTS too....saves $$ since there is'nt and ex.

just saying sideshow...just saying:dunno

Had SS offered an exclusive with this one, I would have ordered from them. But since there isn't with no free shipping, the better deal is to buy from other sources such as BBTS. :wink1:

You know what looks right? This Hulk on my shelf.

Amen to that! :hi5:

Back