1/6 Hot toys Marvel Video Game series Spider-man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I’d say those are good bets. And the hot toys announcement for the figures they showed spiderpunk the regular white emblem suit and the velocity suit.
I’d say classic iron spider may be a decent bet

It looks like they're using the Avengers version in the game or at least what I've read so maybe not but if they do feature this suit I wouldn't be surprised if HT jumped on it since they can retool what exists just a bit.

Supposedly the game devs recently said there will be no black suit in the game,are they pullin our legs or serious idk...

If that's true, it's shocking given it's a proven go-to for alternate suits but Noir, Velocity suit, Miles - that's already 5 total with Punk so that might be HT's limit for the license anyway.

$251. oy.
Wrinkly suit that you can't keep in dynamic poses for extended amounts of time. -_-

It's about $25-30 more than I thought it'd be but I like it overall, I'm ordering it.

Don’t know why people are saying it’s to much. Hot toys are going insane with the prices . That new darth maul is ****ing 400.

It really is tempting... I'm trying to wean myself out of the Hot Toy hobby which is centred around MCU. This of course isn't MCU it's gaming. And gaming, which was my original arena for collectibles before Hot Toys started taking my money has also been largely weened over the last year.

I have big box Collector Editions for Borderlands, for Assasins Creed, you name it.. all boxed up in my wardrobes. So nowadays unless it has Rockstar Grand Theft Auto/Red Dead Redemption, or Naughty Dog Uncharted/The Last of Us on the cover, I only buy the standard disc in the case.

Nonetheless. It would be a nice contrast to my rather slight Tom Holland holding his mask and backpack. I'll have about a month to play the game before Red Dead Redemption 2. If I like it almost as much as the God of War restart, it might be a goer..

Don’t know why people are saying it’s to much. Hot toys are going insane with the prices . That new darth maul is ****ing 400.

People should stop saying hot toys is going crazy with prices when it’s not hot toys. This Spider-Man is 190usd at Secret base. Darth Maul without the speed is 228 and with its 330. Those are hot toys prices. 250 and 400 are Sideshow prices.

People should stop saying hot toys is going crazy with prices when it’s not hot toys. This Spider-Man is 190usd at Secret base. Darth Maul without the speed is 228 and with its 330. Those are hot toys prices. 250 and 400 are Sideshow prices.

Truth! Thank you for providing reason rather than impulsive comments.

Correct me if I'm wrong, so basically retailers and customers North America are subjected to Sideshow's pricing guidelines because they are the official Hot Toys distributor in North Amercia? Whereas customers in Asia get Hot Toys' original pricing?

Truth! Thank you for providing reason rather than impulsive comments.

Ah shut up. If I see the damn price listed on bbts and SS as 400 I'm not gonna speculate that SS are the ones who made the price that way. Not everybody lives and breaths this hobby.

but thanks to the other guy for explaining

Ok then why is SS making the price so high then?

Ah shut up. If I see the damn price listed on bbts and SS as 400 I'm not gonna speculate that SS are the ones who made the price that way. Not everybody lives and breaths this hobby.

but thanks to the other guy for explaining

Worth noting that Popcultcha, the other popular site on here usually is fairly close to Sideshow prices..

Import fees? Businesses are required to pay that for imported goods. If we can buy directly from Secret Base, that'll be great as we can sidestep that.

These are the first Spider-Man figures I have had to interest in getting. Interesting interpretations on my favorite superhero but several parts of the design and body proportions are throwing it off for me.

But that velocity suit does look cool and may temp me.

We are not sure. There’s a number of factors it could be. If you want to discuss it in depth let me know.

Correct me if I'm wrong, so basically retailers and customers North America are subjected to Sideshow's pricing guidelines because they are the official Hot Toys distributor in North Amercia? Whereas customers in Asia get Hot Toys' original pricing?

Pretty much.

My best guess;

1) Import fees (have you ever tried importing anything overseas from Asia? Other than the free shipping for cheap china stuff ) Shipping overseas is pricey as hell.

If we were able to order directly from Secret Base Hong Kong, shipping would be minimum $50 USD.

2) Employee salary/pay (who is paying sideshow employees? most probably us, the customers) Sideshow is pretty much acting as a broker for Hot Toys, by becoming an official distributor.

Those 2 are the factors that I could think of, for the mark up. MAYBE tariffs as well, but I can't verify that. Does Sideshow pay a certain tax for importing Hot Toys figures into USA? I don't know.

I live in Canada and ship sideshow Hot Toys into USA, cross the border, pick it up and return back home. (Cheaper for shipping, and I don't have to pay an extra premium to DHL for their brokerage fees). I just pay Canadian taxes or not (depending on the border agent).

95954B55-A380-45A3-9E1F-135F34B3D62C.jpeg

Back