1/6 Hot toys Marvel Video Game series Spider-man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wanted a classic 1/6 Spider-Man since forever. Not any movie version, but a Spidey I remember reading in comics growing up. I'm always surprised that the demand for just a regular Spider-Man has never been high in the community.

The classic suit is literally all anyone's been asking for since Hot Toys announced game figures. I'm sure it'll come in time. They're gonna make all the other variants to sell to impatient collectors first lol.

That’s why HTs should start doing crowd funded figures. That way they could make the less popular villains if there is enough interest. I always wanted tactical Kilmonger, Dora Milange and M’Baku...but there’s no chance of that. Those would translate so awesome to 1/6 scale.

I think HTs will only focus on Spidey as an Iron Man replacement. It’s a very popular character in their home market so it probably sells just as good as IM = The Money Tree is back!

I thought I would have some fun with the latest Custom. I swapped out the body to get great articulation, then composited it with a background. I hope you like it.

Please enjoy.

PS4-Spidey-Swing.jpg

What body did you swap in? Any tips on how to swap it out?
View attachment 479317
Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

No problem. This is the body I used: https://www.ekiahobbies.com/jok-11c...ntan-skin-with-detachable-foot-by-jiaou-doll/

I also swapped out the feet for articulated toes feet. They fit really tight and go with the articulation that the shoes have built into the costume.
I reopened the seam along the side that Hot Toy used to sew him into the costume. I also cut very high around the neck as the costume is tucked in around the neck. I'm not going to joke about this but this was the hardest costume that I ever removed. The ankles are not like any I have seen on a Hot Toys. The feet are actually screwed onto the ankle joint. It is designed really well. So I could just pull off the feet. It took me several hours to get this suit off. But once I did it went together pretty easy. I wrapped plastic wrap around the legs (separating upper and lower so not to hinder the knee) Did the same with the arms not to hinder the elbow. I even put one piece around the torso. This will help the costume slide on the silicone body much easier. Then I resewed him up and done.
he now has way more articulation range but the suit still hinder a little some of that articulation. If articulation is not very important to you, then I suggest you skip this mod. But for me doing Stop-Motion Animation, any more articulation I can get is worth it by far. i hope this answers you question . If not feel free to ask more.

I thought I would have some fun with the latest Custom. I swapped out the body to get great articulation, then composited it with a background. I hope you like it.

Please enjoy.

View attachment 479317

Wow man that is absolutely stunning. If I may ask, why is it that the original body inhibits the articulation so much? I don?t have the resources nor skill for modifying the figure but really wish I had that level of articulation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow man that is absolutely stunning. If I may ask, why is it that the original body inhibits the articulation so much? I don?t have the resources nor skill for modifying the figure but really wish I had that level of articulation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The reason is that they just do not have the range of motion that a seamless body has. Funny though, the body that has the best range that I had dealt with is the Medicom RAH Spider-man body. The only problem, and it's a huge problem is breaks after a while either the shoulders or the hips or both. The next body that has just as much range in the Heavy Industries Synthetic Human. Problem, you can not just swap the body out. Hand, head.& feet are different enough that you just can not do it perfectly.

DSC07238 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC07237 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC08134 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

Here'a a Spider-Girl i did a while ago with the Phicen body.

DSC07255 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC08213 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC07252 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC08281 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

DSC07162 by A.F.M. Productions, on Flickr

I like the spidergirl. I think it works great with the unmasked headsculpt better

Back