1/6 Hot toys Marvel Video Game series Spider-man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The one figure I would get from this series is the comic Iron Spider suit. Hopefully in diecast since it’s like an Iron Man suit. No rubber. I think it looks cooler than the movie version. I don’t know why the comic look wasn’t used in the movie. The comic Iron Spider and maybe the classic one as well I’d get.

The one figure I would get from this series is the comic Iron Spider suit. Hopefully in diecast since it’s like an Iron Man suit. No rubber. I think it looks cooler than the movie version. I don’t know why the comic look wasn’t used in the movie. The comic Iron Spider and maybe the classic one as well I’d get.

There's no way it'd be all diecast because the suit isn't even all "hard" armor in the game.

44937266945_6499fe787b_o_4.jpg

I have no idea why people want or think there'll be a die-cast Spider-Man figure. Want some die-cast bits on it? Sure, but come on it's not going to be a fully die-cast figure, that'd make for an awful Spider-Man.

I have no idea why people want or think there'll be a die-cast Spider-Man figure. Want some die-cast bits on it? Sure, but come on it's not going to be a fully die-cast figure, that'd make for an awful Spider-Man.

Sometimes I think hot toys hire people to create dummy account and make a rumors/speculation(making diecast spiser-man) just to see how people will react and if it is good reaction they make it.

I actually think the PS4 iteration of the Iron Spider suit could transfer very well into being diecast. It honestly might be the only way to do it, given how the suit is arranged. A lot of Spidey suits these days are already limited by being made of fabric, so the argument of restricted poseability doesn't really work. In the case of the PS4 Iron Spider, it already has clean breaks at the knee, elbow, wrist, and torso sections. You could very easily make similar breaks along where the shoulders are as well. Hell, the way that the spider logo wraps around and protrudes out from the chest in that suit, splitting it might be the only way you could give that area any articulation at all, even in a non-diecast suit.

I agree with this wholeheartedly.

If you want to know what a diecast Spider-Man would be like, check out Sentinel's 1/6 scale Iron Spider figure.

A "classic" suit would be nice, but I would put almost any other Spider-Man suit well behind getting an "Enter the Spider-Verse" Miles figure.

They have the license.

I think I'd lose my mind (and my disposable income) if Hot Toys brought Spider-Verse to 1/6. Miles, Peter B., Spider-Gwen, Prowler, Noir....Jesus.

They did nothing with that license but I'm wondering if we'll get a surprise at Comic Con. Miles, Gwen even Peter B would be pretty big sellers I'd think.

Sometimes I think hot toys hire people to create dummy account and make a rumors/speculation(making diecast spiser-man) just to see how people will react and if it is good reaction they make it.

I'd be surprised if that wasn't true, here and in other forums, of most of the major collectibles companies. Not that the reactions of fans is going to make or break any product line decision, but in more general terms they would be likely to use the forums to test options and gather data.

I'd be surprised if that wasn't true, here and in other forums, of most of the major collectibles companies. Not that the reactions of fans is going to make or break any product line decision, but in more general terms they would be likely to use the forums to test options and gather data.

HT trying to blend in discreetly on 1/6th forums...

giphy.gif

I imagine their social media person(s) may look in on online communities but as you point out above, I have my doubts about any decisions getting made based on this stuff.

My wild guess is that they make projections based on historical sales figures and stay pretty conservative to maintain the bottom line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The ONLY thing that makes me think they listen to fans is that Krennic got made. Other than that it really doesn't seem like it. And he wasn't even previewed at a show or anything, just boom, preorder.

Back