1/6 Hot toys Marvel Video Game series Spider-man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea I wasn't under the impression we'd see the Sony Venom and MCU Spidey face off. I think most confusion comes from people just not knowing about or understanding licensing, rights, what studios own what, etc. There's been tons of Marvel movies with the Marvel logo, all the way back to Blade and the Raimi Spider-man films but those aren't in the MCU, the same way as the Burton or Nolan Batmans are not part of the DCEU.

I just don't want to operate in absolutes because things can change sometimes. If Venom doesn't bomb and does well, Feige and Disney may want to incorporate it into the MCU (highly unlikely I know, Feige doesn't even want the Netflix shows part of the MCU).

Honestly I'm looking forward to the Spider-Verse movie in December more than just about anything else.

You are correct, however if it was going to make black panther kind of money, they would work something out. Money is all that matters. Personnally I doubt venom will be that popular as a film. So it would probably not happen anyway.

I've never seen any great confusion over it. They are separate universes. We (the broader web community) have now done a complete 180 with comic book movie discussions. :dunno

It used to be people might argue that Norton Hulk wasn't part of MCU, or that Norton Hulk was a direct sequel to Bana Hulk. Now everyone thinks or wants every movie to be part of MCU or DCEU...

I hope Sony develops his own Spiderverse without touching the MCU.

Spiderverse could be much more interesting. MCU is boring, except for GOG1-2 & Infinity War.

Beat the game Sunday, well I should say I watched my girlfriend beat the game. Really hope we get more than just the Advanced suit Spider-man and Spider-Punk. It's doubtful we'll get any villains from the game unfortunately, Rhino, Scorpion and Vulture would be great but super expensive. Hope they do Spider-Mans final armor, fantastic game. 90% done so some more gadgets to upgrade and a few collectibles left to get.

I actually like the Spider-Punk outfit after playing the game. But a Classic and Black are a mandatory. (and a scarlet wouldn't hurt)

I think the sinister 6 would also be pretty awesome. I really liked rhino, scorpion, and doc I'm. I just beat the game on ultimate plus yesterday.

I don't think there will be any more. I think the two already were tied in with the game release to promote it, and vice versa. Gaming hype is moving now to Red Dead Redemption 2..

The only one we need is the classic suit from the game. :(

I'd never need to buy a spidey figure again...ever.

I agree, though I find the reluctance to do the classic suit odd. Wouldn't it sell better than any other Spidey suit figure? Maybe there's some rights issue preventing them from doing it?

I guess they decided that the Advanced Suit was the game branded suit (not necessarily what people would keep wearing), so it was an automatic yes.. It is the 'canon' suit of the game after all... Who knows with Spiderpunk. Maybe they thought it was just cool. I've personally never used it or tried the guitar powerup..

On another note, pretty cool that the game included MCU Spidey suit options as a bit of fan-service

Honestly, one of my favorite parts of the game (and it's one of my favorite games of all-time) is the fact that you can switch costumes at any point and that suit powers aren't tied to any particular suit (so you can equip any suit power with any suit you want).

I was worried Insomniac would force you to wear their White Spider costume the entire game (since it is the "canon" suit), but I was pleasantly surprised with how flexible they made it.

Back